Excel Crash - Help!

Multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a
particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about
it is it doesnt
happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried
opening
the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked
fine.
I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures,
uninstalled/reinstalled Office, and done all the possible troubleshooting on
these machines but still error occurs.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

0
Delbert (7)

Isolate the problem as best you can...........separate the Network from the
Files from the Computers..........move the files about on Jump Drives to help
with this........list specific arrangements where the problem exists and
where it don't......may be a bad leg on the Net, or directory..........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Delbert" wrote:

> Multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a
> particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about
> it is it doesnt
> happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried
> opening
> the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked
> fine.
> I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures,
> uninstalled/reinstalled Office, and done all the possible troubleshooting on
> these machines but still error occurs.
>
> Any help appreciated, thanks!

0
CLR (807)
12/12/2005 8:21:12 PM
Thanks for your input but all these are not rectifiable since I have opened
the very same files that they are having problems with into another system
and it work fine. They can somehow open other excel spreasheets fine on the
very same network folder where the problematic files are located so it's
telling us that it has nothing to do with the network/directory. I appreciate
the response though....

"CLR" wrote:

> Isolate the problem as best you can...........separate the Network from the
> Files from the Computers..........move the files about on Jump Drives to help
> with this........list specific arrangements where the problem exists and
> where it don't......may be a bad leg on the Net, or directory..........
>
> hth
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "Delbert" wrote:
>
> > Multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a
> > particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about
> > it is it doesnt
> > happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried
> > opening
> > the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked
> > fine.
> > I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures,
> > uninstalled/reinstalled Office, and done all the possible troubleshooting on
> > these machines but still error occurs.
> >
> > Any help appreciated, thanks!

0
Delbert (7)
12/12/2005 9:31:04 PM
Is there anything in common with the files that cause the problems?.....such
as a similar format, same macros, etc etc?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your input but all these are not rectifiable since I have
opened
> the very same files that they are having problems with into another system
> and it work fine. They can somehow open other excel spreasheets fine on
the
> very same network folder where the problematic files are located so it's
> telling us that it has nothing to do with the network/directory. I
appreciate
> the response though....
>

> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > Isolate the problem as best you can...........separate the Network from
the
> > Files from the Computers..........move the files about on Jump Drives to
help
> > with this........list specific arrangements where the problem exists and
> > where it don't......may be a bad leg on the Net, or directory..........
> >
> > hth
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> > "Delbert" wrote:
> >
> > > Multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a
> > > particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird
thing about
> > > it is it doesnt
> > > happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also
tried
> > > opening
> > > the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and
it worked
> > > fine.
> > > I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated
signatures,
> > > uninstalled/reinstalled Office, and done all the possible
troubleshooting on
> > > these machines but still error occurs.
> > >
> > > Any help appreciated, thanks!

0
croberts (1377)
12/12/2005 10:07:14 PM
The only common set on these files are their macros imbedded. Other than that
all of their settings and format are different. We've also tried changing
their macro settings from it's original excel files and had the author of
these files do this for us - still error exist.

Thanks.

"CLR" wrote:

> Is there anything in common with the files that cause the problems?.....such
> as a similar format, same macros, etc etc?
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your input but all these are not rectifiable since I have
> opened
> > the very same files that they are having problems with into another system
> > and it work fine. They can somehow open other excel spreasheets fine on
> the
> > very same network folder where the problematic files are located so it's
> > telling us that it has nothing to do with the network/directory. I
> appreciate
> > the response though....
> >

> > "CLR" wrote:
> >
> > > Isolate the problem as best you can...........separate the Network from
> the
> > > Files from the Computers..........move the files about on Jump Drives to
> help
> > > with this........list specific arrangements where the problem exists and
> > > where it don't......may be a bad leg on the Net, or directory..........
> > >
> > > hth
> > > Vaya con Dios,
> > > Chuck, CABGx3

> thing about
> tried
> it worked
> signatures,
> troubleshooting on

0
Delbert (7)
12/12/2005 10:31:02 PM
Can you try this on the problem pc's?

Close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe
(hit enter)

Starting excel in safe mode disables lots of stuff (macros/addins/toolbars).

Then File|open the workbook

If excel crashes, maybe it's one of those addins/toolbars.

You can disable the addins that are in your XLStart folder and Tools|Addins to
start.

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

====
You could see if its the toolbar file, by:
close excel
windows search
search for *.xlb
(in hidden folders for hidden files, too)

Rename all the *.xlb files you find to *.xlbOLD

Then restart excel and see if that helps.

If it does, then rebuild any customized changes to the toolbar at your
convenience.

If it doesn't, then close excel and rename all those *.xlbOLD back to *.xlb.

====

And since it's only happening on a few (assuming the same version of excel),
maybe you can use:
help|detect and repair (if that's available in your version)

or even reinstalling excel on those pc's would help.

--

Dave Peterson
0

> The only common set on these files are their macros imbedded. Other than
that
> all of their settings and format are different. We've also tried changing
> their macro settings from it's original excel files and had the author of
> these files do this for us - still error exist.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > Is there anything in common with the files that cause the
problems?.....such
> > as a similar format, same macros, etc etc?
> >
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> > "Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for your input but all these are not rectifiable since I have
> > opened
> > > the very same files that they are having problems with into another
system
> > > and it work fine. They can somehow open other excel spreasheets fine
on
> > the
> > > very same network folder where the problematic files are located so
it's
> > > telling us that it has nothing to do with the network/directory. I
> > appreciate
> > > the response though....

> > the
Drives to
> > help
directory..........

> > thing about
Also
> > tried
> > it worked
> > signatures,
> > troubleshooting on

0
croberts (1377)
12/12/2005 10:44:51 PM
Thanks for your input Dave P. - I have tried your suggestions just now and
still the error occurs. All addins are disabled but still did not rectify
this issue. Also checked for xlb's but none found on the system. I already
tried detect/repair and reinstalled excel but those didnt help either. It's
not a corruption with these files since other users can open it on another pc
nor a corrupted system since they can open other excel sheets just fine. I've
also updated into the latest patch SP2 for their office but also no luck!

I have made a temp workaround for these folks and had copied the very same
file into that same path, renamed it and so far it's working for them.

But I'm afraid that these copied files might fail also in the future. Any
other ideas? I am stomped!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Can you try this on the problem pc's?
>
> Close excel
> windows start button|Run
> excel /safe
> (hit enter)
>
> Starting excel in safe mode disables lots of stuff (macros/addins/toolbars).
>
> Then File|open the workbook
>
> If excel crashes, maybe it's one of those addins/toolbars.
>
> You can disable the addins that are in your XLStart folder and Tools|Addins to
> start.
>
> Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm
>
> And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
> http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm
>
> ====
> You could see if its the toolbar file, by:
> close excel
> windows search
> search for *.xlb
> (in hidden folders for hidden files, too)
>
> Rename all the *.xlb files you find to *.xlbOLD
>
> Then restart excel and see if that helps.
>
> If it does, then rebuild any customized changes to the toolbar at your
> convenience.
>
> If it doesn't, then close excel and rename all those *.xlbOLD back to *.xlb.
>
> ====
>
> And since it's only happening on a few (assuming the same version of excel),
> maybe you can use:
> help|detect and repair (if that's available in your version)
>
> or even reinstalling excel on those pc's would help.
>

> Delbert wrote:
> >
> > The only common set on these files are their macros imbedded. Other than that
> > all of their settings and format are different. We've also tried changing
> > their macro settings from it's original excel files and had the author of
> > these files do this for us - still error exist.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "CLR" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there anything in common with the files that cause the problems?.....such
> > > as a similar format, same macros, etc etc?
> > >
> > > Vaya con Dios,
> > > Chuck, CABGx3
> > >

> > > "Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > opened
> > > the
> > > appreciate

> > > the
> > > help

> > > thing about
> > > tried
> > > it worked
> > > signatures,
> > > troubleshooting on

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Delbert (7)
12/12/2005 11:41:02 PM
When I open these files and answered to the prompt where it questioned me if
I want to update links - per user they normally click on "Dont Update" and it
worked that way - it then crashes right away. Excel is not asking me to
disable/enable the macros at startup so I'm not sure which option are you
referring to?

Thanks.

"CLR" wrote:

> Maybe with security setting high, try to open one of the errant files
> without enabling the macros....just to see if that can be identified as
> where the problem is.....if so, then the macros can be enabled/disabled one
> at a time until the culprit is found.
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The only common set on these files are their macros imbedded. Other than
> that
> > all of their settings and format are different. We've also tried changing
> > their macro settings from it's original excel files and had the author of
> > these files do this for us - still error exist.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "CLR" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there anything in common with the files that cause the
> problems?.....such
> > > as a similar format, same macros, etc etc?
> > >
> > > Vaya con Dios,
> > > Chuck, CABGx3
> > >

> > > "Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > opened
> system
> on
> > > the
> it's
> > > appreciate

> from
> > > the
> Drives to
> > > help
> and
> directory..........

> > > thing about
> Also
> > > tried
> and
> > > it worked
> > > signatures,
> > > troubleshooting on

0
Delbert (7)
12/12/2005 11:46:02 PM
You must first re-set your security setting on one of the machines having
toruble.........it varies depending on which version of Excel you're
using......in XL97, it's Tools > Options > GeneralTab > uncheck "Macro virus
protection".....in others I think it's Tools > Macro > Security......

Also, is there any commonality of Excel Version numbers on the good/bad
machines, and/or AntiVirus software?

> When I open these files and answered to the prompt where it questioned me
if
> I want to update links - per user they normally click on "Dont Update" and
it
> worked that way - it then crashes right away. Excel is not asking me to
> disable/enable the macros at startup so I'm not sure which option are you
> referring to?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > Maybe with security setting high, try to open one of the errant files
> > without enabling the macros....just to see if that can be identified as
> > where the problem is.....if so, then the macros can be enabled/disabled
one
> > at a time until the culprit is found.
> >
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> > "Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The only common set on these files are their macros imbedded. Other
than
> > that
> > > all of their settings and format are different. We've also tried
changing
> > > their macro settings from it's original excel files and had the author
of
> > > these files do this for us - still error exist.
> > >
> > > Thanks.

> > problems?.....such

> > system
> > on
> > it's

Network
> > from
> > Drives to
> > and
> > directory..........

Weird
> > Also
> > and

0
croberts (1377)
12/13/2005 12:00:19 AM
I don't have anything.

--

Dave Peterson
0

See if the same problems exist with the copies.

If not, delete the originals and copy the copies back to the original
spots using the Save As feature, not the Windows Explorer.

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29050

They are all running in Office 2003, some of them were previously upgraded
from Office 2k. I've tried configuring the macros under security but also
didnt help.

We're using McAfee 8.0 Enterprise anti virus software. Why what's in your
mind?

Thanks.

"CLR" wrote:

> You must first re-set your security setting on one of the machines having
> toruble.........it varies depending on which version of Excel you're
> using......in XL97, it's Tools > Options > GeneralTab > uncheck "Macro virus
> protection".....in others I think it's Tools > Macro > Security......
>
> Also, is there any commonality of Excel Version numbers on the good/bad
> machines, and/or AntiVirus software?
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I open these files and answered to the prompt where it questioned me
> if
> > I want to update links - per user they normally click on "Dont Update" and
> it
> > worked that way - it then crashes right away. Excel is not asking me to
> > disable/enable the macros at startup so I'm not sure which option are you
> > referring to?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "CLR" wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe with security setting high, try to open one of the errant files
> > > without enabling the macros....just to see if that can be identified as
> > > where the problem is.....if so, then the macros can be enabled/disabled
> one
> > > at a time until the culprit is found.
> > >
> > > Vaya con Dios,
> > > Chuck, CABGx3
> > >

> > > "Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> than
> > > that
> changing
> of

> > > problems?.....such

> have
> another
> > > system
> fine
> > > on
> so
> > > it's

> Network
> > > from
> > > Drives to
> exists
> > > and
> > > directory..........

> open
> Weird
> > > Also
> machine
> > > and

0
Delbert (7)
12/13/2005 5:10:03 PM
>We're using McAfee 8.0 Enterprise anti virus software. Why what's in your
>mind?

Nothing special, I was just chasing any commonality betwinxt the good ones
and the bad......I think I would put a copy of the file on a Jump Drive and
walk it around to each computer and see how they react all to the exact same
copy......maybe it will filter something out that will point to the
blame.....

> They are all running in Office 2003, some of them were previously upgraded
> from Office 2k. I've tried configuring the macros under security but also
> didnt help.
>
> We're using McAfee 8.0 Enterprise anti virus software. Why what's in your
> mind?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "CLR" wrote:
>
> > You must first re-set your security setting on one of the machines
having
> > toruble.........it varies depending on which version of Excel you're
> > using......in XL97, it's Tools > Options > GeneralTab > uncheck "Macro
virus
> > protection".....in others I think it's Tools > Macro > Security......
> >
> > Also, is there any commonality of Excel Version numbers on the good/bad
> > machines, and/or AntiVirus software?
> >
> > Vaya con Dios,
> > Chuck, CABGx3
> >

> > "Delbert" <Delbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I open these files and answered to the prompt where it questioned
me
> > if
> > > I want to update links - per user they normally click on "Dont Update"
and
> > it
> > > worked that way - it then crashes right away. Excel is not asking me
> > > disable/enable the macros at startup so I'm not sure which option are
you
> > > referring to?
> > >
> > > Thanks.

> > one

Other
> > than
> > changing
> > of

> > have
> > another
> > fine
> > so
network/directory. I

> > Network
Jump
> > exists

> > open
Error."
> > Weird
> > machine

0
croberts (1377)

My Exchange 5.5 is relaying encapsulated messages HELP!
My Exchange 5.5 server appears to be relaying encapsulated messages. On the "routing" tab of the IMC, I have it set to "re-route SMTP mail..." but on the "routing restrictions" button I have every single item UNCHECKED. Also, I have rebooted the server. I heard that you have to disable encapsulated relaying via the registry, but I can't seem to find the article on Microsoft's site. Can anyone help?? Uncehck re-route SMTP mail. If you have POP or IMAP users who need an SMTP IMC to relay mail, for their use install an IMC on a separate Exchagne 5.5 s...

Adding multiple products to a contact: Challenge/HELP!!!
Here is a challenge: We sell products ( traing courses) where we have to be able to link a contact to a product. thanks to Andrew on the message "Mapping between standard and custom entity" we were able to do that using the ideas he posted. as well as his blog. (http://andrewn23.blogspot.com/) What we now run into is that we can have multiple courses on a single quote/order and want to associate the contact/stuent easily with the products. when one wants to for instance merge accounts there is the possibility for selecting multiples by usng the control key and then clicking ...

Excel Data Querry using criteria from Cell
Hello, I have created a data query in Excel using DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA - NEW DATABASE QUERY and then selecting Access and browsing to an query within an Access database. This query returns all data into excel, but I would like to limit the criteria based on what a user has typed into a cell in the Excel workbook. I thought this could be accomplished by clicking DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA then PARAMETERS but the PARAMETERS option is grayed out. I can select EDIT CURRENT QUERY, but this just brings me into the Microsoft query, where I don't see any options to query based on...

Excel 2003 not understanding Access 2003 "like"
I have a number of Access queries linked and displayed in an Excel workbook by way of Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Some of the criteria and select statements in the queries use the keyword "Like" (e.g. Like "*Smith" to pull up all names ending in "Smith"). These statements seem to be completely ignored by Excel so that records I should see are not appearing in the workbook. This worked fine in versions 97 (from which we've just upgraded) so is this a version 2003 bug? If so, is there a fix? ...

Change 2007 excel Autofilter back to 2003?
Does anyone know if there is a way to change excel's 2007 autofilter functionality back to like excel 2003 autoflilter use to work? I need to quickly bring up like values and compare other columns based upon the filtered values and the extra clicking of the check boxes is driving me nuts! If it helps any (and if you haven't thought about it yet), you can click the "(Select All)" entry twice to remove your current selections. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "jonnybrovo815" <jonnybrovo815@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36837406-1...

publishing images with Excel workbook
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

How do I create a Cost Volume Profit Graph in Excel?
I was wondering if I could get some help on how to create a CVP graph in Excel 2007. A cost volume profit shows how costs, revenues, and profits vary with volume (sales). You can either plot total cost, or fixed and variable costs, which add up to total costs. One way to show this is to make a break-even chart. Put unit sales (number of items sold) in the first column, fixed costs in the second (which are a constant), variable costs in the third column (these are typically a straight line through zero), and in the fourth insert formulas that sum fixed and variable costs to make total ...

Need help with a function
Hi I'm sorry but I'm not too much familiar with Excel. I have some listing in column A For example in A1 I have: D:\blabla\folder1\file1.xxx in A2 I have: D:\blabla\folder2\file2.xxx in A3 I have: D:\blabla\folder3\file3.xxx I want the word between the 2nd and 3rd '\' to be in color red. So in A1 folder1 should be in red, in A2 folder2 in red etc I could do it manually but there are like 3000 lines. It would take forever. Is this simple to achieve with a script/macro/? ? I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Christophe Presumably you want to pick that value o...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

how can I split a single cell diagonally in Excel 2000
Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel cell diagonally in order to have it contain 2 pieces of information? Forrest, As far as I know, you can not split a cell diagonally so that it can contain 2 pieces of information. However, you can merge cells which might give you the effect that you want. To do so, go to the standard toolbar and hit Format -> Cells -> Alignment Tab -> Text Control and work with the merged cells option. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Forrest" wrote: > Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel ce...

Reading ranges and copying data from Excel when it is not open
Is there a way in code to copy data out of an Excel file even if Excel is not up and running? If Excel were open, I'd copy, say, the first 30 rows and paste the info to PowerPoint. Then, since rows 1-5 are for column headings, I'd hide rows 6-30 and copy a new range which would look involve 30 rows, but since rows 6-30 were hidden would be 1-5 and then 31-55 as a contiguous block. I am trying to do this in VBA without opening Excel and instatiating objects, etc. Is it possible? What VBA commands would I use? You would need to treat the excel file as a database and use ADO to g...

Mode Indicators in Excel?
A good example of a missing mode indicator one for whether th calculation mode is set to manual or automatic. Isn't there any othe way to find out other than going to the Tools>Options>Calculatio dialog? This has messed me up almost any time calculation gets set t manual. Another example is that trying to use stored Custom Views for filtere lists gives the error "Some view settings could not be applied" on som worksheets (usually complex ones), but works OK in others (usuall simpler ones). I know sheet protection is one thing that can caus this (which itself has no mod...

VBA Help #6
I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. I'm looking for the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a certain column, descending. After sorting, I want Excel to provide shading in alternating rows. For example: Row 2 - no shading Row 3 - Shading Row 4 - no shading Row 5 - shading. Thanks in advance for the help. On Jan 25, 10:47=A0am, SHalper <scott.m.hal...@gmail.com> wrote: > I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. =A0I'm looking for > the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a > certain column,...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Please help with contacts and address book
I am using Outlook 2000 and have two sets of folders: 1. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - My Name] 2. Personal Folders The first folder is my link to Exchange Server. When I click on New Mail Message and click on Address Book, the list of addresses I see is from Contacts located under Personal Folders. I have two questions: 1. How do I get the Address Book to list my Outlook Today (Exchange Server) contacts? 2. How do I back up or synchronize my Outlook Today contacts so both contact lists (Outlook Today and Personal Folders) are the same? Thanks, Peter ...

Auto Filter
When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when filtering. Is there any way of being able to accomplish this? Hi you may have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits for a workaround Frank Gail wrote: > When using the filter only the first 1000 unique entries in a list > will appear when you click on the arrow. I have more than 1000 > unique entries [ie. company names] that I would like to see when > filterin...

Excel cant SAVE added data?
This is a copy/paste with minor edits from post submitted yesterday ... Excel 2000 ... I have a single page spread sheet (my own) ... built in Excel 2000 (still Excel 2000) that was working fine. After expanding the spread sheet to handle more equipment I received error message stating: Excel can not SAVE all of the added data & formatting ... Here I had the option to select OK without fixing ... CANCEL ... or ... HELP. I selected HELP & ended up on a blank HELP Page ... So now I am turning to this board. Anybody know what gives? Could I be running into a formatting limit i...

Sintax Help!
I would like to print a sheet and a graph from a macro. I would like to call both by the Number and not the Name of each. In other words if the sheet was named Chart10 (BoxTops)I need to be able to call the sheet by "Chart10" not "boxtops". This way if the name changes the macro will still work. Somthing like... Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' Macro recorded 5/23/2005 by ' 'Print Chart Sheets("chart12").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub But my macro errors out on the first line. How to you c...

Coloured wheel of death with excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I get a coloured wheel of death every time i use excel from office 2008, almost every time I type into a cell, for about 3 - 6 seconds. I've looked on here and there seems to be a lot of discussion about hp drivers, but I don't have an hp printer. I'm working in normal view. Can anyone help? First, be certain that both Office (12.2.3) & OS X (10.6.2) are fully updated. Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions, then see if things improve after a restart of your Mac. If things are still ...

Rules / Macro? Help
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C478A8.C4D615E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. This is what I would like to do. If the subject line of the e-mail I = just received reads " Cat " then I would like Outlook to automatically = send/forward the " Cat Template ". If the subject line of the e-mail I = just received reads " Dog " then I would like Outlook to automatically = send/foard the " Cat Template ". I've looked into trying to ...

Calculated Columns Help
FIND/SEARCH functions both return #DEFAULT! if string is not found. If it is not found, I'd like to display a different value (one of the other columns). All my attempts to check if the calculated column = "#DEFAULT!" fail. It is as if it is not really a string. How can I test for #DEFAULT! value? ...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...

Recipient Policy help #3
I updated our recipient policy to add a new SMTP domain to everyone's mailbox, it all looked great until I noticed it added the domain to our contacts in the reciepient OU too. Now these external contacts include another smtp address with our domain name. How can I get rid of these? Use admodify to bulk remove them. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 James Chong Gonzo wrote: > I updated our recipient policy to add a new SMTP domain to everyone's > mailbox, it all looked great until I noticed it added the domain t...

Pivot Table Help #2
- Automaticly Refreshing Pivot Table Data I have a made a macro called "depsub" that gathers sales data from each one of our sales departments, compiles it onto one page, sorts it and SUBTOTALs the data by employee and department. I also have a PivotTable that needs to use this same data. PivotTables can not be generated from subtotaled data. So I have to nest a macro within my "depsub" macro that generates a PivotTable prior to the data being subtotaled. Problem is every time I try to do this the macro errors out and stops when I try to creat the pivot table. Here i...

Excel cut/Paste Problem: Year changes after data is copy and paste
I am using Excel 2003, and here is the problem. I have an Excel sheet that contains financials. Different departments need different sections of the data, so I copy and paste out only those sections they need and paste it into a new Excel sheet. The colums are broken up into dates, and formated to show date-year (Dec-05). For some reason, when I copy and paste sections, the date will change, for example Dec-05 will change to Dec-01. I have to go thru and manually correct all the dates. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? . .. maybe the cells in the New worksheet are preset to a c...