EXCEL - conditional format

Is it possible to put more than 3 conditional formats?
I want to put around 8...  If 0-5 blue, If 6-10 red, If
11 - 15 brown   etc....
Thanks....
0
fran3768 (1)

No, I believe 3 is the maximum.

0
michael64 (3)
8/8/2003 2:53:31 PM
You'll find that you can't add more than 3 conditions. i.e. the answer to the OP's question is
No. You would have to use an event macro (maybe On_Calculate) to scan the cells and set the
colors if you need more than 3 conditions (plus the default).

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 07:28:36 -0700, "Akshay Bakhai" <ab@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What seems to be the problem?  In the conditional
>formatting dialog box for every additional condition you
>click on the ADD button and keep on adding your additional
>conditions and their associated formats.
>
>Thus, you create first condition where cell value is
>between 0 and 5 to apply blue color.
>
>Then you click on ADD to create second condition; there
>you provide that if cell value is between 6 and 10 then
>color is red.
>
>And then click on ADD to create third condition; and so on.

0
myrnalarson (223)

Are there any household budget templates available in Excel?
Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Do a search near the top for "Budget," and you should find a few of them. Looks like "Personal budget" is the most popular, followed by "Family monthly budget." (based on votes) HTH Dana DeLouis "nevinnh" <nevinnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C0B084E-954F-4CAF-8ACB-AF33C6F3F097@microsoft.com... > Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? Go to microsoft template site, on the sear...

Multiple Condition Formatting
Hi, Can anyone help me on this: =IF(AND(F65<>0,G59="SELECT CUSTOMER"),APPLY FORMATTING, DON'T APPLY FORMATTING) I have been exploring the Conditional Formatting in 2007 and I may be wrong but I don't see a way to set a condition whereby two(2) logical conditions must be met for it to apply the formatting. Any ideas?? http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002980_Conditional_Formats_that_Distinguish_Blanks_and_Zeroes.html This could easily be applied to other conditions. Mike "Gerard Sanchez" wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me on this: > ...

requesting assistance with cell formating
Hello: I received a spreadsheet from a client with hundreds of rows of dollar amounts. The cell that have a figure that is 1.00 or greater have no problems, but the cells that have a dollar amount from 0.01 to 0.99 show up in the cell as ="0.25" instead of 0.25. This is obviously causing a problem when attempting to add up the a series of rows since "0.25" is a label, not a number. My question is how can I easily convert ="0.25" to 0.25 without going through cell by cell and re-entering the number? This spreadsheet has over 15,000 cells with dollar amo...

Symbols in Excel 2007 Chart
Dear Group, Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007 histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you in advance. John McLaughlin In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces �. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters in a text element (and many tex...

multiple colors on format of plot area
How can I change the format of the plot area to multiple colors. for example I would like to have a Bar Chart with the background plot area starting @ blue , then Green, then Red. Then have the temperature bars plot over this area. thanks You can do so by bringing a stacked column chart into the mix. Please see Jon's example below: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "BillO" wrote: > How can I change the format of the plot area to multiple colors. > > for example I would like to have a ...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Conditional Formatting with UsedRange Property for each Worksheet
I am getting an error indicated below in my code (Application-defined or object-defined Error, Run-Time Error '1004'). I want to have a bottome border line every 5 lines. Can someone explain to me why this portion of code will not work? Huge THANKS in advanced!!! Sub JobTracker1() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Call shUnProtect RowCount = 3 With Sheets("Archive") Do While .Range("L" & RowCount) <> "" myMonth = Format(.Range("L" & RowCount), "mmmm") Application.StatusBar = "Moving Sa...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

Conditional Formatting #49
Does anyone know how to apply conditional formatting to a row of cells (i.e. to create a digital dashboard) based on the value of a particular cell? Let's say you want to change the formatting of row 2 if A1 is greater than 10: 1. Select row 2. 2. Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Formula Is and enter: =$A1>10 4. Format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to apply conditional formatting to a >row of cells (i.e. to create a digital dashboard) based on >the value of a particular cell? >. > ...

"10th" on Excel
For the past few weeks, any time I enter the number "10", the Excel program automatically adds "th" making it "10th". This is also occuring on the Word program. I don't remember making any changes to either toolbar- HELP!!! I can think of one possibility, (and don't ask me how it may hav happened), but look in Tools - Autocorrect and see if you can find "10 shown as being replaced by "10th". My program once started replacin all lower case "p"s with upper case and I know it was nothing I did. If that isn't the problem, I ca...

Automatic backup in excel with copy to hard drive and to cd-rw
How do I get Excel to either automatically backup to hard drive and cd-rw, or even when I hit save icon, go ahead and save to hard drive and cd-rw. I already have auto save setup but backup file goes to same hard drive folder as origianl copy. Kind of defeats the purpose of a system crash and wanting a copy on removable media. Thanks for your help! This Word macro auto-saves a copy to a floppy drive. You should be able to edit it to save to the hard drive and CDRW, too. You'll also change some stuff to make it an Excel macro: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=203 *...

Why does Excel ask to save when no changes were made?
This does not pertain to a new document. I open an existing document just to look at it, and when I go to close it, Excel asks if I want to save the document. No changes were made, so it shouldn't have to be saved. It's annoying. Mike One explanation could be that there is a time formula in a cell that has updated on openeing so the worksheet will have changed. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) &...

Conditional formatting assistance
Hey all, I was hoping one of you could point me in the right direction... I have a single sheet Excel document to which I want to apply some conditional formatting. Rows 1 and 2 are header information (date). Column 1 and 2 also display information that doesn't contain data (city). The sheet contains a list of broken items that I've fixed. When I've fixed the same thing twice, I want the cells containing that item to turn color. When it's entered a third time, turn a different color, and a fourth time, a final color. For example, I enter Chicago_washer_1 in cell C3. Thr...

Excel & Word auto selection from menus
Ok, I'm a keyboarder, not a mouser. I use quick commands like the letter code or arrows on menus to speed along without the grab, aquire, click business. Excel & Word seem to be periodically (not always) automatically selecting menu items based on prior selections if I use arrow selectors. How do I turn this off? I get no help from "Help". Please reply to my e-mail address: legreenwood@hotmail.com. Thanks! Would love to get rid of this nuisance & keep speeding along. ...

My excel file is too large (5 mb) when it shouldn't be, why?
I have an excel file has ballooned in size for some reason. I have tried to copy all the cells and then used "paste special" to paste just the values and the file size doesn't reduce. I am copying numbers from an investment website into my spreadsheet and there don't appear to be any issues with the pasted cells but I suspect it is causing the file size expansion and very slow performance. I then deleted all the cells around by spreadsheet and it didn't help at all. All suggestions as to how I can fix this problem appreciated. Kenview If you do a Ctl-End, does...

Format DatePart
I'm trying to extract the month name (not just the number) from a ChkDate field in a query. ChkDate is a Date/Time data type. I use a DatePart expression which works fine to pull the month number. MonthNum: DatePart("m",[ChkDate]) But when I try to format that to get MonthName, it return Jan for any non- January month and Dec for any January month in ChkDate. Curious. Here's what I'm trying, and I can't see what's wrong according to syntax in help for Format and DatePart. Any ideas? MonthName: Format(DatePart("m",[ChkDate]),"mmm") Than...

Creating Excel Invoice Template
I have been trying to customize a downloaded template but was frustrated so trying to create my own invoice. My question is once I input the formulas how do I keep/save them ???? when I enter the first calcualtions all is well, but if I go back and edit in the cell where the formula resides I lose the formula ??? I am a relative newbie to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have searched this site and cannot find a link to creating an invoice worksheet. Sasha ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wit...

Sending Email in Excel
1.) I have a formula in a cell that when clicked, sends an email to recipients in the formula. I have pasted the formula below. What I want to do is put the date after the "End of Day: " part. However, when you click on the link, it gives the serial representation of the date if you use today(). Is there anyway to format so that is shows the date formatted correctly? In cell A1: =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("mailto:Person1@abc.com; Person2@abc.com?Subject=End of Day - ",A34,": Acc: ",AB1," for ","$",AA1," | Feats: ",'Enh Feats'...

how to setup quotionnaire format
please answer I'll take you mean questionaire == survey ? If so, have a look-see at Debra's page: http://www.contextures.com/xlForm01.html Excel -- Survey Form With Option Buttons (Techniques by Dave Peterson) There's 2 sample files you can download on the page -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Lalitbogra" wrote: > please answer Re: how to setup quotionnaire format ...

New check format
I modified a copy of current check report, and trying to use this new format when I print a check. However, GP system didn't pick up the new format. What should I do to make them recognize each other? Thank you so much, Sophie Sophie, If you modified an existing check layout, you want to make sure to give users access to the modified check via Advanced Security or Security, depending on what your company uses. If the reports.dic is local and more than one user needs to use the modified check, you'll need to make sure each local reports.dic gets the modified check. Hope thi...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...

Percentage formula in Excel spreadsheet
Hi, In my spreadsheet cell E14 adds up E2 - E14 and cell C14 adds up C2 - C14. In G14 I have put a formula to show the difference between E14 and C14 as a Percentage ( formula for G14 is =SUM(E14-C14)/ABS(E14) ). When the Formula for G14 looks at E14 and C14 all it sees is a SUM formula to add up the column. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Many thanks for looking. Rick Not sure I understand the problem; tell us what answer or error you ar getting. Also, don't you mean you are summing C2:C*13* in C14 and E2:E*13* i E14? Oh, and you can get rid of the Sum - this ...

Excel countif and
is there a "and" condition if you use countif or sumif? example; 1 c 1 1 c 2 2 < countif(b1:b4,"=c")and(a1:a4,"=1") Hi! Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A4=1),--(B1:B4="C")) Biff "KEN" <KEN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02a801c54ae1$3371a4f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there a "and" condition if you use countif or sumif? > example; > > > 1 c > 1 > 1 c > 2 > 2 < countif(b1:b4,"=c")and(a1:a4,"=1") > ...

Excel macro error msg..
Hi I get the following msgbox when I attempt to run a Macro - which is just a simple text string to be put into a cell. " 'xxx'.xls could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open a file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed , moved or deleted." (ok) 'xxx.xls' trefers to a file name that was on my disk - but I deleted - I can't find it after a search. All macros when run, exhibit the same thing..... Tried a goog...