Excel comparative query

I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula
to use for the following query:

I'd searching all of column A on spreadsheet 1 to see if a
value in column A of spreadsheet 2 is there, and placing
a result X (or another) next to (adjacent cell) the confirmed
value on spreadsheet 2.

Please help if you can.

Chris

0
drivetime (3)

Hi Chris
see your answer in puclic.excel

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Chris wrote:
> I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula
> to use for the following query:
>
> I'd searching all of column A on spreadsheet 1 to see if a
> value in column A of spreadsheet 2 is there, and placing
> a result X (or another) next to (adjacent cell) the confirmed
> value on spreadsheet 2.
>
> Please help if you can.
>
> Chris
0
frank.kabel (11126)

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

Difficult Excel Question
I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet you wish to look at, I would like the name to chance depending on a name supplied by a cell. If anyone can solve this, please e-mail me rthakrar49@hotmail.com =VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!A1:H100"),3,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "rthakrar49@hotmail.com" <rthakrar49@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BDA5D08-0AD1-43D2-A572-58900081D412@microsoft.com... > I am doing a VLOOKUP, but when you select the sheet ...

How to combine two identically structured tables to query them
Hi, I am sure there is a way that you can have a query that effectively takes two separate tables that have the identical column layout and add them together and then perofrm a query on the combined set of data. I just can't remember how to do it. My reason for need in this is that I have a table called "SellerNumbers" that has 4 million rows of data in it and what I want to do to improve performance is archive the oldest 2 years worth of data to an identical table called "SellerNumbersArchive", however the users want to be able to occasionaly run quer...

Specific Age Query for a Date Range
Table = Personal Field = Birthdate I need to create a query to show who is of a certain age for January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008. For example, I need to know who will be 50, 60, 65, 70 and 75. I would like to create the query so that when I click the query to open it, I have to input the age. I've done other queries to show who is of a specific age as of today: AgeYears: DateDiff("yyyy",[Birthdate],Date())-IFF(Format([Birthdate],"mmdd")>Format(Date(),"mmdd",1,0), with criteria of [Age in Years] ... but I cannot figure out how to pull a report...

Simple update Query
Hi, I'm sure I've done this in the past but can't figure how. I have 2 tables "A" and "B" both with the following fields Town; Council I want to update Table "A"'s Council field with the Council information in table "B" Could someone please give me the SQL code to do this. Thanks in advance UPDATE TableA INNER JOIN TableB ON TableA.Town = TableB.Town SET TableA.Council = TableB.Council. IF you can only do this using design view -- Open a new query -- Select the two tables -- Set up a join by dragging from town to town -- add the Cou...

Excel Tool Bars
Lately, when I open Excel, the top Excel name bar and the bottom tool bar are not on the screen. It appears that the worksheet is too large to be contained on the screen. Hi Bailey, Can't tell from your description, so just trying to grasp at straws.. -- are the toolbars floating, if so drag to correct position so the become docked Applies to toolbars but not the name box and address bar. -- do you have problems in other applications, i.e. Display settings, screen resolutions -- is the zoom control at 100% -- What happens in Full Screen mode and in restore (buttons upper right...

using excel from dotnet
situation: I'm working on a new app in vbexpress 2008 using acad com interop Also need to write extracted data to excel. problem: At home(laptop) i have excel 10. At the office excel 12. (both seem to have excel5 listed in refs.) I need to work at both locations. can i reference both 10 and 12 in the same vbproj (i think not) can i just reference 5 and is that just an older version with common (but not the latest) interface? i guess i can just have 2 vbproj files (one on laptop one at work) and just copy the .vb class files that are being edited back and forth, not cop...

Remove a document from a workspace in Excel 2007
I have a user who created a workspace and included a file that he now wants to remove from the workspace. Is there a way to remove one file from a workspace? Thank you. ...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Programmatically creating a pass-through query
Hi, Is there a way to programmatically create pass-through query in Access 2003? Sub test () Dim db As Database Dim strSQL As String Dim qdfs As QueryDefs Dim qdf As QueryDef strSQL ="Some pass-through SQL statement here" Set db = CurrentDb Set qdfs = db.QueryDefs Set qdf = db.CreateQueryDef("qry_PassThru", strSQL) qdf.SQL = strSQL End Sub But the code about will not create a pass-through query, Access thinks it is a regular Access query. Is there a way to specify ...

Query to delete characters to the right of a decimal point
I need to write a query to help me clean up some letter codes in my database. The codes could have any of the following formats... XY001.01 AP002 SDFJ003.01 JUOI005 I would like the query to return everything to the left of the decimal point, so the data returned would look like this... XY001 AP002 SDFJ003 JUOI005 Thanks in advance for your help. -- Leslie M But didn't you give an example that has NO period in it? One way to approach this would be to use an IIF() statement that checks for a ".", perhaps something like: NewField: IIF(InStr([YourCode],".")...

Excel 2000/2003 conflict
Whenever I try to open excel files created using 2000, 2003 gives me errors on simple formulas. For example, a SUM formula is marked as an error and displays a wrong number, when I go up to the formula bar and hit enter without changing the conents it recalculates to the right answer. There is many more errors such as "inconsistent formula" or "lost visual basic project" which doesn't allow a 2000 file open without repair. Is there anything I can download to fix all of this together or will I have to fix them all by hand? Does this have to do anything with the differen...

Unable to run excel macro after changing file name
After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error number 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument when users with excel 2000 run the macro. Users with excel 2003 are not having this issue Post the line of code that is causing the error. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "merf" <merf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68DF323-214D-4F01-8D8E-654F9500242E@microsoft.com... > After changing the filename in an excel macro, receiving Error > number 5 - > Invalid procedure cal...

compare information from two spreadsheets or excel sheets
Don't know if any one can help, I am trying to find an easy way to compare data from one spread sheet to another on Excel 2000. Every week I create a spreadsheet and need to find out if any further items added on it. example old spreadsheet would be called Andrews 19.04.2010 with 3 sheets 4 columns on each. The new one would be Andrews 26.04.2010 same set up again but possibley new items on the Andrews 26.04.2010 Add a fifth corresponding column on the NEW sheet and insert the following formula in the first cell: =SUMPRODUCT((OldSheet!A:A=A1)*(OldSheet!B:B=B1)*(OldShee...

Seam-Excel error when exporting file
When I export an excel file from a website the file exports with the file name of 'seam-excel' and I can't format the cells or create a pivot table without saving and re-naming the file. How can I get my file to not export with that file name? Is it a security setting? Have never heard of this problem being generated through Excel alone. I would suggest the source would be at the website from which you are exporting. Can you post a URL? I'd like to have a look just out of curiosity. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:41:01 -0800, fallou...

Installing components for Microsoft Excel XP
I Need Help. I recently demoted my PDC to a standard server and joined another domain. Now when I attempt to access Excel I receive the following: =========================================== "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" Installing: "Microsoft Excel Feature" =========================================== It runs and then goes away but it does this every time I open Excel. How do I get rid of this message. I really don't want to re-install Excel. Things I have done. 1. Copied the old user's profile to the new one. 2. Move the Application Data...

Create/Update Excel Objects in Power Point
I developed an add-in in Power Point 97, 2000, XP and 2003 for creating Excel charts/tables and being able to update them. The code I used is below: Dim PPT_CHRT As OLEFormat Dim PPT_SLD As Slide 'ADD a chart/table PPT_SLD.Shapes.AddOLEObject Left:=var_chrt_L, Top:=var_chrt_T, Width:=var_chrt_W, Height:=var_chrt_H, ClassName:="Excel.Chart.8", Link:=msoFalse Set PPT_CHRT = PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).OLEFormat PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).Select 'EDIT chart/table Set PPT_SLD = ActivePresentation.Slides(var_SHP_SLD_no) Set PPT_CHRT...

Comparing two excel files
I work with large data in excel. Most of the time I need to match two different worksheets. Both worksheets always have two columns that contains same data (name & ID). What would be the best way to match names and ID to obtain a new file with data that couldn't match? if Excel good to do that or should I use other software like Access? please advise. Look at Chip Pearson's page on working with Duplicates and Uniques http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Alexandra <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1091601c3f335$a...

Change listbox text size in Excel 2007
Using data validation list box function to display a named range, How can the text size be increased when displayed in the list box, How can the number of records displayed be increased from the default This can not be done. See link for further detail and possible workarounds: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Maxwell Crompton" wrote: > Using data validation list box function to display a named range, > How can the text size be increased when displayed in ...

New DB Query problem
In Excel 2002, when I go to Data-Import External Data-New Database Query, I get a "Choose Data Source" window that displays many items including Oracle, dBase Files, Excel Files, and MS Access Database. However, when another user logs onto the same PC and tries the same process they don't see any of those files listed. Instead, they only see Oracle listed. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks! Probably because the rights to those other Databases are assigned by username from the MIS dept. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "D.P. Roberts [MCSE,MCSD,MCDBA]&...

How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel?
How do I create a hyperlink to a web page in Excel? I click on Insert/Hyperlink. Click the on the "Browse the Web" button and slect a web site. After creating the hyperlink, I am unable to open the hyperlink. I get a error message box saying, "Unable to open. Unable to locate Internet server or Proxy server". Try copying the webpage address and pasting it into a cell. With the cell selected, press F2 and Enter and it will create the hyperlink for you. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Olowalu" wrote: > How do I create a hyperlink to a web page i...

my first excel experience (share portfolio)
hi guys although i have had excel on my laptop for years this is the first time i have ventured to use it. i am trying to do a stock /share portfolio, so i can tell at a glance my positions, so far the layout as follows:- a6 buy/sell, input b6 amount buy,input c6 amount sell,input d6 name stock/share,input e6 epic code,input f6 buy date,input g6 sell date,input h6 purchase price per share,(bid)input i6 sell price per share,input j6 sub total [=h6*b6],calc k6 buy commission �,input l6 sell commission �,input m6 stamp duty tax,=((h6/100)*b6)*/0.5 ,calc n6 total co...

copy scanned documents to excel
Hello, please help, I recieve a lot of documents in paper and I need to input them to excel, i scann them with imaging but it comes out single columned and that doesnt work for me, what can i do? Have tried the Text to Column command, under Data? It's function is to split up data in such situations. If you're not familiar with it, try following the Text to Column wizard (the screen that appears when you use Text to Column). "Malu" <Malu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42B2C174-B169-4BC1-9522-8EA78E0AE9BD@microsoft.com... > Hello, please hel...

Toolbars in Excel 2003
I have a custom Toolbar which is now not required. Despite deleting it using View Toolbars Customize Delete and then saving the file when I close Excel and re-open the file it was located in the Toolbar reappears. What am I maissing You may want to check to see if there's an addin that adds the toolbar. Tools|Addins keep track of the ones you toggle off/on when you're testing. Or maybe you have an addin in your XLStart folder that's doing the work. Close excel and windows start button|search (for XLStart) Move files out of that folder and test to see if you can find the probl...

How can I convert an Excel file to an address book?
How can I convert an Excel file to an address book to import into email? ...