Excel comparative query

I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula
to use for the following query:

I'd searching all of column A on spreadsheet 1 to see if a
value in column A of spreadsheet 2 is there, and placing
a result X (or another) next to (adjacent cell) the confirmed
value on spreadsheet 2.

Please help if you can.

Chris

0
drivetime (3)

Hi Chris
see your answer in puclic.excel

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Chris wrote:
> I'm respectfully requesting assistance with the correct formula
> to use for the following query:
>
> I'd searching all of column A on spreadsheet 1 to see if a
> value in column A of spreadsheet 2 is there, and placing
> a result X (or another) next to (adjacent cell) the confirmed
> value on spreadsheet 2.
>
> Please help if you can.
>
> Chris
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Excel 2003 in seperate Window
Hi, I am using multiple monitors and would like to to have a seperate workbook open on either monitor so that i can look at either monitor and see the different workbooks. At the moment the workbooks open in the same window and they cant be split. I have looked at Tools, Option, View, Show and checked and unchecked "startup Task Pane" and "windows in Taskbar" I have also tried 1. Go to Start / My Computer then right click and select explore. 2. Then Select Tools 3. Then Select Folder Options 4. Then Select File Types Tab. 5. Scroll down the list of Registered Files type...

Running Excel 12.0 Application on Office 2003
After literally 30 hours of internet search I am asking for help.... I have developed an application in VS2005 + Excel 12.0 (Office 2007). Now, I learn that some of the client machines will have Excel 11.0 (Office 2003) and my application will not work. I have read all about PIAs (2003 and 2007). It seems that If I develop the application using 11.0, it will work with 12.0. However, how do I do that? I cannot going to uninstall Office 2007 and install Office 2003 on my development machine. If I install PIA 2003 on my development machine, I can reference "Microsoft O...

Newbie Update Query Question?
Access 2007 I have an equipment inventory in Access. I have a separate lookup table in an Excel spreadsheet that looks up barcode numbers and creates a daily list of equipment on a site. Can I use an Update Query to change the "Location" field in the main inventory list in the database? If so, do the records from the spreadsheet have be identical field-for- field as the main database inventory? Example: Database Inventory: Barcode Number, Item Type, Make, Model, Description, Serial, Purchase Price, Location Excel List Barcode Number, Description, Location The Excel list mi...

how to compare columns in 4 worksheets
I have someone who has 4 Excel spreadsheets with info in different columns. Is there a way to have Excel compare all columns he chooses and hilight or somehow indicate the fields that are the same in multiple columns/workstheets? ...

excel error #2
Hi We have wrote a workbook that contains a lot of formulas and Vb code, we have password protected the Vb code. All the worksheets are also password protected the cells that contain forulas are locked to stop them being damaged. This works fine, problem is when the workbook is opened in read only mode one worksheet becomes unlocked. all the reast of the worksheets remain locked Can anyone tell us how to remedy this problem? thanks in advance Kevin >>one worksheet becomes unlocked. Never heard of this problem. And I wasn't able to reproduce it either. Starting with a new w...

Save in Multiple format crashes Excel 2000 SP3!
Hi, One of our project teams is having saving problems with thier Excel documents. As these files are legacy and there is a mixture of Excel 97 and 2000 the files are saved in the '97-2000 & 5.0/95 Workbook' format. The users who have 97 and 2000(Pre SP3) have no prblems with the files. The users who have Excel 2000 SP3 can only make one change to the file and have a successful save. Any further alterations and Excel crashes during the '5.0/95' portion of the file save. Has anyone come across this before and is there a fix? The machines that are having the problems a...

MSAccess query conversion to excel
I have a MSAccess query which contains some memo fields. I am using Office links to transfer the data to Excel. There are about 500 characters in some of the memo fields. All the data is displayed as expected in the query, but when the data is transferred to Excel the data in the memo field cells is cut off. Is there a way to make sure all data from a memo field is transferred to Excel? ( I would be happy with a limit of even 1000 characters) Any help greatly appreciated John Baker In Access, use the TransferSpreadsheet method to send the data, and specify one of the later Excel versions...

Excel Formula
I work at a gas station and i am trying to figure out the average cost of fuel in my tank. I have the current volumes and past deliveries set up below. A2=13485 (current Volume) A3=4565 (fuel delivery1) A4=6554 (fuel delivery2) A5=9004 (fuel delivery3) A6=4815 (Fuel delivery4) I need to know how much fuel from each delivery is in the tank. I know I have all the fuel from deliveries 1 and 2 and 2366 from delivery 3. But how do i get the formula to only count 2366 gallons from 3 and 0 from 4? Kelly - Put this in cell B2 and drag it down the column. =MAX(0,MIN(A$2-SUM(A$3:A3...

opening non microsoft program from excel
is it possible to be able to read an e book in adobe reader from a macro in excel just to get certain figures . -- BD3 Something like Shell "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe C:\My Documents\myFile.pdf", vbNormalFocus You will need to ensure the correct path for the reader exe. -- HTH Bob Phillips "bigdaddy3" <bigdaddy3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB463188-1B99-494E-82B1-265E9049382B@microsoft.com... > is it possible to be able to read an e book in adobe reader from a macro in > excel just to get certain figure...

converting word table to excel
Is there a way to convert a table now set up in Word, to Excel? I can't find it in the help screens (only converting the other way....) Have you tried a simple Copy and Paste? it works for me best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message news:eLBDNt$PIHA.6060@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to convert a table now set up in Word, to Excel? I can't > find it in the help screens (only converting the other way....) > > I tried that, but it s...

Why is 'Compare and Merge Workbooks' greyed out?
I want to merge two files but the 'Compare and Merge Workbooks' option is greyed out. ...

Running Excel as a stand-alone application
Can I install Excel and use as a stand-alone application...that is...without Office? I am running Windows 2000 and word perfect and am looking for a spreadsheet. I am considering Excel but do not know if I can run JUST Excel. Great! Appreciate the fast response. I now feel comfortable trying the trial Excel download. Thank you VERY much! >-----Original Message----- >Patsy, > >It depends what you mean by just Excel. It is certainly possible to install >just the Excel app without Word, Access, etc., indeed you can buy just >Excel, but this will still install some c...

excel 97 #6
Why does excel put a : (colon) after the file name when saving an excel document. ex. file.xls:2 This indicates that you have two (or more) windows open viewing the same worksheet. Close all but one of them to restore Excel to its more normal state. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "pz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b1a01c398a4$3c94f780$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Why does excel put a : (colon) after the file name when > saving an excel document. ex. ...

Excel Tips and Tutorials Blog #2
I'm currently working on a new Excel Tips and Tutorials Blog for beginners, intermediate and advanced users alike. I need some ideas for common problems or tips that people request on newsgroups and searches on the internet etc. If you could please suggest some ideas to me that I can write tutorials for and therefore add content to my blog with I would be grateful. Please email any ideas or previous problems you have had to mattyboy150279@gmail.com and I will add them to my site with detailed solutions. My site is http://teachr.blogspot.com Many thanks in advance. Mat Read replies to...

custom switchboard with parameter query command
I have created a custom switchboard from which numerous reports can be printed. One of those reports will print mailing labels for member birthday cards based on a query with a parameter for "month". My problem is that when the switchboard/form opens it asks for the parameter (the month needed) and if you don't put the month in it won't open the switchboard. I want it to ask only if the command button is pressed. The switchboard has other command buttons but none of the other ones are based on parameter queries. Any help is appreciated Are you using the switchboar...

Is it possible to open the query design app right from a switchboard?
I'm trying to do this. I know about adding codes to the switchboard code, but I have no clue how to apply this to getting the query desing app to open. I know you can click on on of two buttons (Database wibdow or the one that has "New Object: Query". Thanks in advance for any ideas. Ken Halpern Margate FL On 20 May 2007 12:45:41 -0700, Ken <ken.halpern@gmail.com> wrote: >I know about adding codes to the switchboard code, but I have no clue >how to apply this to getting the query desing app to open. I know you >can click on on of two buttons (Database wibdow ...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

when i exit excel worksheet shortcuts are put on my c-drive
help! The closest explanation that I've ever seen is one by Jim Rech. He guessed that your Recently used folder was incorrectly pointing at the desktop. http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/27608bf8720e420e/c9bcb9e1d640d6b3?lnk=st&q=recent+shortcut+group:*excel*+author:rech&rnum=1&hl=en#c9bcb9e1d640d6b3 or http://snipurl.com/hzqz (That number will vary depending on the version of excel you're using.) kev wrote: > > help! -- Dave Peterson ...

HELP! how do i draw a normal curve in excel?
I am working on this problem. Since I am a horrible artist, I need to be able to draw a generic normal curve in Excel. To clarify the problem, here is an example: The birth weight of full-term babies is known to be normally distributed with mean = 3400 grams and standard deviation = 505 grams based upon data obtained from the National Vital Statistics Report, Vol.48, No.3. (a)Draw a normal curve with parameters labeled. (b)Shade the region that represents the proportion of full-term babies who weighed more than 4410 grams. Again, this is just an example of what I want to do. To summarize, I ...

Excel XP Pivot Charts
Dear All, Two questions:- The field options are automatically set to SUM... so far so good. If I change the field option to Average I get averages, also so far so good, but now I have a table with a SUM row and an AVERAGE row. How do I get rid of the Sum? 2) What does always display items do? I have turned it on, turned it off and my chart does not change. There is nothing in help about it so I am perplexed. Thanks, Danny 1) From the dropdown list in the Data field button, remove the check mark from Sum of... 2) This button only affects the layout if there is nothing in t...

Triangulation using excel
Good Morning, I would like to better understand the method or methods used to calculate and determine bearing and distance from a known point based on observation(s) from two known points. Let me explain more: Lets use a 60,60,60 triangle so there is no confustion about what side is the base. I have two observation towers, Tower Left, and Tower Right. and the tip or top is the target. If I observe a bomb/explosion/ect... at a point that is 10 degrees left of the target from the left tower and 10 degrees right of the target from the right tower. I now have a new triangle that is 70,70,40 an...

Interfacing USB port and MS Excel
How do I get data into Excel through USB port? ...

Personal.xlsb does not load automatically when I start Excel 2007
Although my personal macro workbook (Personal.xlsb) is saved to my XLStart folder (In Microsoft Windows XP, this workbook is saved in the C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart folder). The personal macro workbook does not open automatically when I start Excel 2007. I get the following message when I try and record a macro using the macro recorder "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". Any suggestions how I can resolve this? Kind Regards, James, Try moving the file out of that folder, then start...

Excel
Hi ~ I have an Excel 2000 data file that is corrupt and I can't open it with the usual steps (e.g. excel viewer, web file save, linking, etc.) Now, when I try demo versions of some advertised file recovery utilities, they seem to work, but since it's only a demo download, I can't get more than a few lines of the spreadsheet. Retail costs vary for the utilities, around $200-300+. I find it incredible that MICROSOFT does not have a similar FREE utility that can be used to recover data files, but that several 3rd party companies are more than ready to cash in on these situat...

xml to excel #2
can anybody tell me how to transfer xml data to an excel template (worksheet) using asp.net ? Hi Ganesh, Regarding this issue of transferring the XML datato an excel template, I would request you to please go through teh following article to transfer the data from an access database to Microsoft Office Excel 2003. These include using the user-Interface, programmatically creating an XML file, transforming the data and reading it into Excel, and automating Excel and programmatically reading the data file : [Transfer XML Data to Microsoft Office Excel 2003 with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET] ht...