excel columns keep changing size

I have a spreadsheet that I want to print on legal sized paper. I have
5 columns that I want to be as wide as possible and fit on the paper,
landscape format.  Every time I try to change the font size of the
text, excel automatically changes the columns size.  ALso, even though
it says that the font is 48 points, it shows up as very tiny on the
screen and also on paper. What is going on?
0
ralgam (1)

Check your pages set up settings.

Go to sheet in page set up and check to see if the print area is empty
this could have a range in it. If it does and this is too large for th
paper you are using then it will be scaled down to fit.

Remove any range reference in this and then try again!

Celtic_avenge

--
Celtic_Avenge
Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410

Excel 2007

Counting number of X's in a column

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

New Disk storage

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Size of dynamically allocated array
What's the easiest way to determine the size (number of objects) of a dynamically allocated array? Chip While it's probably not reliable, I did find that the address you get back from the 'new' operator is not the actual starting address of the allocated block. If you subtract sizeof(DWORD)*4 from that address and then read the value at that address, you'll have the requested size, but not the actual size that the memory manager allocated. For example: char *p = new char[1234]; strcpy(p, "Hello World!"); // not necessary but does help to locate stuff in mem...

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...

Excel DNS query

Excel Problem

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...