Excel "chops off" half of first line of text

I have a spreadsheet where one column is cells that each
contain 30 to 50 words of text. Even after applying
FORMAT, ROW, AUTOFIT   when I print I lose the top 50% of
the characters in most, but not all, of the top line of
these cells. Everything looks fine on screen prior to
printing. Has anyone any ideas or work-rounds, please?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi,

The easiest (and non programmatic) way to do this is to highlight the sheet,
and mouse over one of the row divisions (i.e. between 2 rows, which you
would normally use to resize). Double clicking here will expand all rows to
autofit contents.

Otherwise, try running this Macro:

Sub FitMeUp()
    Cells.Select
    Cells.EntireRow.AutoFit
    Range("A1").Select
End Sub

Hope this helps.

Warm regards

Sunil Jayakumar

"bobf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a spreadsheet where one column is cells that each
> contain 30 to 50 words of text. Even after applying
> FORMAT, ROW, AUTOFIT   when I print I lose the top 50% of
> the characters in most, but not all, of the top line of
> these cells. Everything looks fine on screen prior to
> printing. Has anyone any ideas or work-rounds, please?

www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

0
Sunil
4/6/2005 11:56:52 AM
bobf,

On your printer settings look for a "raster" option, or a "print truetype
fonts as graphics" option. This happens sometimes where I work and it is due
to tiny differences in the size of the fonts on the PC and the preloaded
fonts in the printer. Another option is sometimes called "use softfonts"
depends on the make of the printer, but at the end of the day what you want
to achieve is to have the printer use your system fonts to print, or print
the fonts as images and not use its own fonts.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

"bobf" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet where one column is cells that each
> contain 30 to 50 words of text. Even after applying
> FORMAT, ROW, AUTOFIT   when I print I lose the top 50% of
> the characters in most, but not all, of the top line of
> these cells. Everything looks fine on screen prior to
> printing. Has anyone any ideas or work-rounds, please?

Excel "chops off" half of first line of text
I have a spreadsheet where one column is cells that each contain 30 to 50 words of text. Even after applying FORMAT, ROW, AUTOFIT when I print I lose the top 50% of the characters in most, but not all, of the top line of these cells. Everything looks fine on screen prior to printing. Has anyone any ideas or work-rounds, please? Hi, The easiest (and non programmatic) way to do this is to highlight the sheet, and mouse over one of the row divisions (i.e. between 2 rows, which you would normally use to resize). Double clicking here will expand all rows to autofit contents. Otherwise,...