EXCEL Cell Formatting: Custom or Conditional

At work I have Excel 2002 and I have some cells that I import data in
from the mainframe.  I have a table where there is a column for GENDER
(MALE or FEMALE) that I would like to see shown as "Male" or "Female"
(mixed case).  Is there a way to change all upper case to mixed case
using either CUSTOM formatting or CONDITIONAL formatting? I would
prefer not using a macro if there is something simpler.  I know that
=PROPER() produces the correct result, but I don't see how I can use
this unless I'm referencing another cell. I would like to be able to
just change what falls in that cell so that it appears properly.

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks

Carroll Rinehart
Baltimore -- Social Security Administration
0
crinehar1 (1)

I don't think you'll get it using any kind of formatting technique.

But a pair of Edit|replaces would do it nicely.

(and even though you don't want a macro, you may want to think of recording one
when you import your mainframe data.  Then just continue recording when you do
the two edit|replaces.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com