Excel Cell Format for Numberic Values

When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a
scientifc equation.  The numbers are rounded off after 15 characters.  Cannot
get Excel to display all 20 numeric numbers.  Any ideas on how to get Excel
to read all 20 numbers in a cell?
0
Al1 (451)

Hi
not possible. Excel only supports 15 significant digits

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in
place a
> scientifc equation.  The numbers are rounded off after 15 characters.
Cannot
> get Excel to display all 20 numeric numbers.  Any ideas on how to get
Excel
> to read all 20 numbers in a cell?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Custom Formatting for Dates
Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same cell. Think that is what I need. Using custom formatting: yymmdd and making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify). Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ## is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text??? Thanks a1 11/2/05 b1 =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd") you will get b1 051102 ==================== "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89817178-868E-4E3C-9946-6A1E93B0080F@microsoft.com... > Is there a man...

Error number: 0x800ccc0e
Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info from the knowledge base. Nothing has changed except installing Office 2000. I configured everything just as I had previous. Going back to Outlook Express I get the same error. What is going on? Same story here. And I would love to just be able to go back to OE at this point. Darla >-----Original Message----- >Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? >It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info >from the knowledge base. Nothing ...

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Counting number of X's in a column

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Inserting form values into a table

move cell contents

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

formula based on format

formating date from general2 custom
I have an input xls file with the date but like this: Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 I need to have just following format dd/mm/yyyy I tried to format it using Format->Cells->Date or Format->Cells- >Custom but this is failing. Nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vlad <vladimir.vaynshtok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1013b138-352b-4799-81ba-9508b74a1850@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have an input xls file with the date but like this: > > Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 > > I need to have just following format > > d...