EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL

I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly
began getting the error message:

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in
module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21.
Registers:
EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282
EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc
ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57
EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000

I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the
Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran
Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth
without problems. Then I reactivated EXCEL to run from my hard drive
and it only went smooth once then began to cause the same problem.

I wonder if anybody can help me define the reason for this error
message

Regards
0
ynames (1)

I suggest a Google search using :-
OLEAUT32.DLL invalid page fault

---

How do I run excel in "maintenance mode" to run the setup and ins.
Hi not sure what your question is? Maybe explain this with some more detail -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Erik Joslyn" <ErikJoslyn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A2D70291-B921-47F7-B2E8-8DC89BB2EFB7@microsoft.com... > I am getting an office assistant error upon opening excel. The error tells me there are no office assistant characters present on the system and to run setup in maintenance mode and install at least one character. Help! "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > not sure what your question is? Maybe explain this ...

Excel :sorting lists?
I use Excel to create lists of equipment from an existing master list I have developed. Most of the time I do not need all the equipment on the master list, i.e. the number of units is 0. Is there a way to filter or sort the list so that all zero values and their subsets will not be visible or printed? Basically, you should do a dropdown that REFERS to your master list. Then you can choose only the items you want from the dropdowns. I just uploaded a file at http://www.myexpertsonline.com/freedls/pricelist.xls that shows how you do it. The only difference is you will copy that data valid...

Large shared excel files
I have an excel file that I use to manage clients. I have 1067 clients. I have 8 people in my department that edit the file. I have another 200 staff that have read only access to the file. Most of the time the file is about 1.3 MB in size. However, on occassion the file gets very slow and swells to about 25 mb. When I go to "tools" "Shared Workspace" it will show everyone who is currently signed on to edit the file. Sometimes however, it shows the same guy on three times. When this happens, the file creates a tmp file in the directory. It seems to me that excel ...

Lesson in excel
does anyone know where I could take excel lesson maybe online?? I have never used it and don't know the first thing about starting thanks!\\\evie Have a look at www.datapigtechnologies.com/excelmain HTH Michael M "Evie" wrote: > does anyone know where I could take > excel lesson maybe online?? > I have never used it and don't know the first thing > about starting > > thanks!\\\evie Evie, Click on your Excel icon which opens a new Book for you. Click on "Help" and select "Microsoft Online" from the Help menu. You will be direc...

End of Word Document and Append from Excel VB
I am currently successfully moving data from Excel to Word and now want to use Excel VB to append several word files together (created from Excel 2003 on Windows XP Pro). I have two questions related to this. 1) I want to know how to move the insert point to the end of the Word document I open before I insert the next document. I recorded a macro in Word and then tried: WordApp.ActiveDocument.Selection.EndKey Unit:=6 But it didn't work. Does anyone know what will work? Please provide code examples. 2) I then want to insert a Word document at this end point. From t...

Outlook/Excel Interface
I am trying to establish the ability to send out an email (policy/directive) to several hundred people and have it recorded in an Excel matrix (individual's names/document name) I know about the tracking option to shows that the email was opened -- But I want to have an at-a-glance management tool to avoid having track all the receipt emails Aloha Michael333, Outlook tracks the read receipts for you. Go to the Sent Items folder, find the e-mail you sent out. Open it and look at the Tracking Tab. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Micr...

Cannot edit Excel data in a PowerPoint
I'm not sure which discussion group this applies to, so I'm posting it in both Excel and PowerPoint. I just started having problems with any Excel workbooks embedded into a PowerPoint presentation. It is a bit difficult to describe but I'll give it my best shot. Whenever I double-click an Excel object to edit the data, it opens up like normal and gives me all of the MS Excel options I normally get. But what is very VERY strange is that when I try to select a single cell (or row/column), it will take me into the MS Excel program and not allow me to edit anything ...

Pasting records from website to excel 2007 problem
I have several duplicate machines that were all running excel 2003 pro, when transfering data from a webiste I could move 1600 records from the website simply by high lighting and copying and then pasting in excel took about 7 seconds. I upgraded two of the machines to Office 2007 and the same procedure takes over an hour now. In trying to figure this out I tried on one of the machines that wasn't upgraded copying 3 records and it was instant on 2003 excel pro where on the 2007 machine the same data took 11 minutes. Is there a known issue with this? Thanks in advance for help. There ...

Excel custom format q
There is one problem that needs help from experts. I got data: Cell A1: AA-BB-999-xxxxx-zz-Abcdefghij Klmno 9, PRSTUVW Cell A2: AA-BB-888-zzzzz-zz-Abcdef Ghijk 8, LMNOPRSTUV .... .... .... In B1 and C1, B2 and C2 i need this: B1: Abcdefghij Klmno 9 C2: PRSTUVW B2: Abcdef Ghijk 8 C2: LMNOPRSTUV .... .... .... Data entries are not the same length. No need to start another thread, the answer Jacob gave you in your previous post does what you are asking unless of course you not explaining the problem correctly. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are other...

Opening excel 2003
When I try opening up Excel 2003 is opens up all of my documents that I have in my folder "my documents". It doesn't matter whether they are word or excel files. I then have to wait or click ok because if it is a word document it tells me it's not the correct format to open the document. I have tried uninstalling/installing excel to see if it would fix the problem but it hasn't. Word 2003 does not do this so I am at a loss as to why excel is doing this. Please help if you can, this is very frustrating. Sound like you may have the path to your "My Documents&...

Excel graph
How do I create a line graph showing the means and standard deviations for a series of measures. I would like the line to connect the mean scores, and have an error variance bar above & below each mean to show the sd. ...

EXCEL On A Windows Server
We have a need to instantiate and manipulate excel worksheets programmatically. Our design call for this must done on the server rather than on client workstations. Is there any reason NOT to install EXCEL on an application server (Windows 2000 or Windows 2003) to accomplish this. Do we need to install a full copy of Excel or is there a more limited approach to install just enough to allow programmatic manipulation. thanks in advance. dlr ...

Troubleshoot when exiting Excel.
I am working with MS Office XP 2003. I Use to convert my excel files into Pdf files using acrobat writter V5.0. I have trouble when I want to exit excel. Before, it was happening from time to time but now it has become frequent. What should I do to stop this? Hi what trouble do you have exactly=? -error message - Crash -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Leirbag" <Leirbag@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:369F78B9-2520-4726-81A2-CCA5ED51A4B0@microsoft.com... > I am working with MS Office XP 2003. I Use to convert my excel files into Pdf >...

SOS! how do I run Excel without running the VBA in AUTO_OPEN?
Hi all, I am asking this for my friend. He has the following urgent problem. He put some VBA code into AUTO_OPEN (AUTO_RUN), basically it execute some other functions, and then automatically saves the closes out the Excel sheet. The problem now is that he wants to open that sheet to edit some stuff, now he's stuck -- whenever he opens the sheet, the sheet always auto- closes, and he had no way of operating it... What can he do? Is there a way to open a sheet without executing that AUTO_OPEN (AUTO_RUN) function? thanks a lot! Hold down the Shift key when ope...

Grouped Objects in MS-Excel 2007
Hi, I have been a regular user of Ms-Excel 2000 / 2003.But I have being forced to switch to 2007 version on my office computer :(, of the many issues, one problem that I have is like this I have grouped objects ( Rectangles with Text ). To be precise I have grouped 10 rectangular objects in a manner that it seems as a table with 5 'rows' and 2 'columns'. Well you might wonder why can't I use cells instead of a drawing object, Now this ( grouped objects ) is like a "header" that I want to use in most of the MS Excel documents that I work with. So even ...

How do I turn off relative cell referencing in excel?
Relative cell referencing is currently active. How do I revert back to the normal cell referencing style of A1 etc. <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *uncheck* "R1C1 reference style". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Glenn" <Glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:306F6167-4596-4C05-8E59-83C1803743DB@microsoft.com... Relative cell referencing is currently active. How do I revert back to...

Applied color to excel cell but no color appears
A user has applied color to excel cells but he does not see them. It can be applied and seen on other machines. What setting local to the PC would have this effect. The machine is Windows XP with Office 2003. See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=320531 Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "chris_bartnick" <chris_bartnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A4538BB-C9BE-43ED-B43F-27624838EDE5@microsoft.com... > A user h...

Mfc Regular Dll with Modeless Dialog Box
Hi All, I need my mfc regular dll to open a modeless dialog box . Can someone advise how to do it? I started the project with the application wizard ( VC ver. 6.0); Thanks in Advance I. Greg I would be curious to know why you are using MFC in a regular DLL? Typically you would use it when you have a COM server or want to use it from VB etc by using GetProcAddress. It makes life a lot simpler if you use an Extension DLL instead. You can however use a modeless dialog in a regular dll. A regular dll will not get idling and pretranslate message. Your main app will need to do it if you need ...

xp excel
I have dual boot up.. win 98se using office 2000 and xp with office xp... the 2 problems that I experience are..... excel sheets created in the 2000 suite are all colour coded to the cell values using conditional formatting....these are visible whilst veiwing the sheet on screen......whenever I try to open these sheets in the xp suite I can not see the formatting unless I use the print preview option...this does not happen when opening the sheets in xp on my laptop,,,the colours are visible.... I have checked that the excel options are setup the same for both machines.... the other problem ...

When I open Excel, 3 un-requested xls.docs are opened. Why?
Each time I open my Excel program, three excel documents open as well. I want to change this so it does not happen. How do I do this? Thanks Lisa Lisam wrote: > Each time I open my Excel program, three excel documents open as well. I > want to change this so it does not happen. How do I do this? > Thanks > Lisa At startup Excel will automatically open any file stored in the XLStart subdirectory. To find whether this subdirectory is in it's default location, or whether it's been redefined elsewhere, click on Tools>Options>General and look at the startup fi...

Using Excel to WRITE to a closed Excel file
Somebody told me that the best way to use Excel (and VBA) to write to a closed (.xlsx) Excel file is to first open the file, write changes using VBA code, then close the file. Well, I don't really want the target write file to open on the screen and let my users see the file changes happen. My question is, is there a way to invisibly or stealthily open a closed Excel file, write changes, then close the file without anybody see this all happen?? Also, does anyone know of an alternative way to write to a closed Excel file using VBA/Excel?? Thank you! application.scree...

Creating A Excel Formula Question
Hello, I hope someone can assist me. I am somewhat new to Excel and hate to ask stupid questions, but believe what I want to do is possible with a formula. I'll try to explain that what and why so it makes since. I have a spreadsheet that is used in the calculation of sales commissions. The salesperson has a sales goal, among other things, the spreadsheet calculates their monthly performance to goal when we key in their actual sales for the past month. It displays their performance to goal as a percentage. Then, there is a table. If a salesperson is at 90% of their goal, they get on...

opening an excel form using an access button
Hi, I have an excel form for weekly time that I would like to be able t access from an access form. Is this possible -- -Brian-H ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -Brian-H-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26446 Hi, Brian. Using a hyperlink doesn't work? **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "-Brian-H-" <Brian-H-.1dbjba@e...

Pivot Export Opens Additional New Excel Session
I have several Access queries in pivot view that are exported to Excel to be manually pasted into an existing Excel file that I have open already. "Randomly" the exported pivot will open a new session of Excel and after pasting the pivot into the other session it loses its drill down capability (this always occurs when pasting a pivot between Excel sessions regardless of Access involvement). How can I ensure the Access export won't open a new Excel session when I choose to export a pivot? Many thanks in advance, Mike ...

"Group" function very slow with Excel 2003 :( ... While very quick with Excel2000 :O)
HI We are facing a consistant difference in real time behavior between Excel 2003 behaviour and Excel 2000 behaviour in the usage ot the Group function... Using the exact same Excel file that have around 1000 lines with several level of grouping, the time needed to group under level 1 or 2 is around 2 to 3 seconds with Excel 2000 while it is around 25 to 30 seconds with Excel 2003. In both case the same function is quite immediat if we settle the calculation mode to manual... The same phenomenon can be seen if you ask for the group function on a file without any formulas while another big e...