Excel Blank Value Import

Hi ,

I am trying to import Excel File to MS Access using Visual Basic.

The problem I encountered is as follows :

When I import an excel file, if the first row of an excel file contains
an empty cell then thereafter the data in that particular column doesn't
get imported!

I am using OLEDBJET 4.0 to connect and retrieve the data from Excel
Sheet.

It would be great, if anybody can post their thoughts on it!

Thanks,

Vijay

--
vgurusa
vgurusa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28100

You can share the workbook with the ones who needs to make a change by
Protecting your Workbook by choosing a common password......Go to
TOOLS--->PROTECTION---->PROTECT SHEET....When you are here you can also
select the ALLOW USERS TO EDIT CHNAGES to specifically allow some range of
cells.

After that you can select the stuff you want others to do on that
worksheet....Also before protecting the workbook you can go to
FORMAT--->CELLS and lock or unlock stuff......

Hope it will help...I never tried but read that on this Forum

"vgurusa" wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am trying to import Excel File to MS Access using Visual Basic.
>
> The problem I encountered is as follows :
>
> When I import an excel file, if the first row of an excel file contains
> an empty cell then thereafter the data in that particular column doesn't
> get imported!
>
> I am using OLEDBJET 4.0 to connect and retrieve the data from Excel
> Sheet.
>
> It would be great, if anybody can post their thoughts on it!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vijay
>

> --
> vgurusa
> vgurusa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28100
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476067

0
vishnu (3)

Memo in Report causing blank pages/other issues
Hi, I have multiple headers in my access 2007 report. I have all of the contents of the DETAIL section set to Yes for Can Grow and Can Shrink. One of the fields in this section is a memo field- sometimes containing a lot of text. I've tried setting the Keep Together option to Yes for the DETAIL section. This causes the first page of my report to have all of the necessary headers, but no information. On the following page, all of the contents (including the memo) appear and accurately wrap to the next page when necessary. I've tried setting the Keep Together option to No...

Excel printing query
How do you print an excel worksheet with row numbers? <File> <PageSetUp> <Sheet> tab, And *check* "Row & Column Headings". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:808D8884-3E22-4018-90EC-932C90EC8570@microsoft.com... > How do you print an excel worksheet with row numbers? File | ...

2007 excel autofilter change back to 2003 autofilter?
Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter worked? I see you have a response to one of your other posts -- in a different forum. jonnybrovo815 wrote: > > Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter > worked? -- Dave Peterson ...

OleDbConnection to Excel FileStream
I want to open an OleDbConnection to an Excel file that's in memory as a FileStream. Everything I'm seeing on the NET says that I have to supply the physical location of the file on disk in the Connection String. I don't want to have to save the file to disk to query it. Is there a way around this? ...

how to sumif in excel with a not equal criteria
Hi I'm trying to use the sumif function but I want to sum everything in a range that is not equal to one criteria eg apples 10 orange 10 pear 10 .. sum everything that is not equal to apple should return 20. Thank you =SUMIF(A:A,"<>apples",B:B) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9592A741-CA39-4795-B3FB-D104EA9A79A6@microsoft.com... > Hi I'm trying to use the sumif function but I want to sum everything in a > range that is not equal to one criteria eg apples 10 orange 10 pear 10 .. > sum...

import from one deploment to another
Hi all, We have 2 different crm 3.0 deployments. I want to import 25000 incidents from one deployment to another one. Both deployments use the same incident forms and both have the same customer accounts created. Is there an easy way to to this. Thanks. You have comingled data there which would not fit the redeployment wizard. My hunch is to export the data to Excel files merge the files together and then do some processing on duplicate records and fields. Once you have that down, import the data back into CRM. Or import the combined data into another SQL database and use TSQL command...

Excel loading slow
I have Office X on a Powerbook G3. Some time ago, Excel started taking=20 forever to load and twice as long to quit. I'm talking 4 minutes just = for the=20 program to open. I think it may have gotten messed up on a defrag. How can I correct = this? =20 How can I uninstall all of Office and start again? You should find troubleshooting suggestions somewhere on this page: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/index.html#macxl There are lots of things to try short of a remove and reinstall. On 9/18/04 9:26 PM, "Scott Wieteska" wrote: > I have Office X on a Powerbook G3. Some ...

Access/Excel/Word Challenge
Hi, I'm trying to decide the best approach to this problem and would appreciate any help: 1. I have a template for a report in Word that refers to fields in an Excel worksheet. 2. The Excel worksheet, however, is not set up to easily use in the Word template. Instead of one person with many fields (columns) I have the same name multiple times, with one column listing multiple pieces of information for each person, for example: First Last Cars Devices Jane Doe Altima Laptop Jane Doe Lexus Desktop J...

Is there an Excel format foro time to hundreths of a second
I am trying to record times for swimming in the format of minute, seconds, hundreths of a second mm:ss.hhh -- is there a format for this available? I also need to do functions - add, subtract, max, min, etc. Is there an easy way to do this without writing macros? Give the cell a custom format: Format|cells|Number format|custom category mm:ss.000 or [mm]:ss.000 if you need to sum them. But enter your values as real times (include the hour, minute, second, and hundredths. 00:12:05.001 (for 12 minutes, 5 seconds plus a little bit.) teetime wrote: > > I am trying to record times ...

Excel 2000
I am pretty much a newbie at Excel (don't use it as much as I would lke to be able to). Is there a way to start up a macro when a particular spreadsheet is opened ... I don't want this macro to start on all opened spread sheets. I know I do I can do that, but can't find out anywhere so far that tells me I can start up a macro when I open a particular spreadsheet. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Abay You can put your code behind the ThisWorkbook module and name it workbook_open(). Or you can put your code behind a general module and call it Auto_Open(). ...

Excel Document Headers and Footers in 'Send To'
When sending a worksheet to an email recipient, is it possible to include the header and footer in the body of the message as well? Thanks! ...

#value error
Hi, In the cell B9 the value is 01/09/2006 In the cell C9 i enter the formula =IF(ISBLANK(B9),"",DATE(YEAR(B9),MONTH(B9)+1,DAY(B9))) In the cell D9 i enter the same formula =IF(ISBLANK(C9),"",DATE(YEAR(C9),MONTH(C9)+1,DAY(C9))) It works fine. But if i delete the value in B9, cell c9 displays blank. But cell D9 displays #value error. Is there any way to supress this error and display balnk value in D9. Any help appreciated. Suresh -- mtpsuresh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mtpsuresh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.co...

Excel Import goes thru without any data
Experts, I have been importing excel data to Project for years and never seen this problem. Today I was helping one of our users to import a list of assignments from Excel to a project schedule. We opened the excel file and went through the import wizard until we got to Finish. it went through but no data came in. I tried the same excel and same project files on my computer and everything worked fine. I did see that he did not have the "allow files with legacy format to open", but when I checked it didnt help either. what ami missing Hadi Hadi, What did you ...

paste values to last row
Does anyone have a VB script that will copy and paste values from one row to the last row on a worksheet? I used column A to find the last row of the worksheet and I pasted under that last row. Dim NextRow as long dim RowToCopy as range set rowtocopy = activecell.entirerow with worksheets("somesheetnameHere") Nextrow = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row + 1 rowtocopy.copy _ destination:=.cells(nextrow,"A") end with patojo wrote: > > Does anyone have a VB script that will copy and paste values from one > row to the last row on a works...

How to Run query based on txtbox value that is part of control source
Hi guys I've created form using wizard. Later on i created listbox where I want to show data based on my quiery SELECT EmpEquipmentSkills.EmpNum, EquipmentTraining.Equipment, EmpEquipmentSkills.Status FROM EquipmentTraining INNER JOIN EmpEquipmentSkills ON EquipmentTraining. EqNo = EmpEquipmentSkills.EqNo WHERE (((EmpEquipmentSkills.EmpNum)=[Forms]![Employee1]![txtEmpNum]) AND ( (EmpEquipmentSkills.Status)="x")); That is assigned to row source table/query type And in VBA I have added Event : Private Sub txtEmpNum_AfterUpdate() List20.Requery End Sub But when I start for...

Forumla to change values on situation
Hi all, I have a table of items with "value" "vat" and "total" Columns. I would like to write a formulae to say When value is less than 140.5 then change value to 85.5, vat to 14.96, total to 100.46 Else no change. so im guessings its something like: X=1 If AX<140.5 then AX=85.5, BX=14.96, CX=100.46 Else AX=AX,BX=BX,CX=CX Increment x Or i could just copy and paste the If Then statment down all the columns and forget the increment. Hopefully you will see what im trying to do. Thanks in advance, any help is much appretiated as always. Ernest Lai...

Is there a function in excel where you can the beginning of the mo
I am trying to look for a function that would will display the first of the month if the cell I am referencing is a date in that month. For instance: I have a date that says 12/16/09 I want the function/formula to return 12/1/09. Is this possible? I cant seem to find it anywhere. This will return the 1st of the month for the date entered in cell A1: =A1-DAY(A1)+1 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Monique" <Monique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E4C8E96-319A-4872-8927-4B7179BA0030@microsoft.com... >I am trying to look for a fun...

V1.2
Hello all, I need to import customer from another data source into accounts in V1.2. In the import menu i see only the possibility to import leads or contacts, how can i do? there is a easy way to do this? Can I import my data into leads and bulk convert them into account? Thanks and regards. Diego There is no "bulk convert" function. You have a few choices. You can easily do this using Scribe or by writing a simple import process using the SDK. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Diego Pianarosa" <d.pianarosa@globsys.it> wrote in message news:eTPkyb5F...

Importing email from Gmail to outlook 2007
I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i stated using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new and not the old email which were already there in my Gmail account please help me out with this. "Manish Rathod" <Manish Rathod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71B136DC-B04C-4872-B572-523B8ABC5E6D@microsoft.com... >I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i >stated > using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new > and > not the old email...

Excel formula help needed!
Hello everyone, I would like to create a formula that would calculate a different levy charge dependent on the amount. The example is below and any help would be really appreciated. In circumstances where amounts owed do not exceed £100 or $100 12.5% charge will apply, 4% on the next £400 or $400, 2.5% on the next £1500 or $1500, 1% on the next £8000 or $8000 and 0.25% on any additional sum. In short different %'s will apply at different levels depending on monies mowed. I'm sure that there will be use of If/And but I'm not sure on the st...

Hyperlink to named ranges and sheets in Excel not working in 2007
I code hyperlinks to named ranges and worksheets all the time in 2003, but since we've moved to 2007, they do not seem to work. The spreadsheet opens, but does not open on the desired worksheet. No reference error seems to be called (even if I deliberately miscode the sub-address). Anyone know what is up? Example: //Network Path/Folder/Spreadsheet.xls#NamedRange -- Thanks, Andy ...

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

Dealing with Null when assingning values to private variables
Hi to all, Finally I decided to create a Client class but I have some difficulties. My Clients form contains text boxes, some of them with string values, some with dates, some with long integers, some with double and some with boolean values. When I open my Clients form, I create a recordset based on my clients table and then I assign the values of each field to private variables. Next I use these private variables to fill all textboxes on my Clients form in the form's Load event. The problem appears when some client info is missing, that, is when there is one or more null values in...

not allow blank cells
I am looking for some sort of data validation to not allow a blank cell within a range. Every cell must have a value. Also, the values must be between 0 and 60. I have tried Data, Validation, uncking the Ignore blanks box, but it stioll allows me to cancel the validation error and use a blank cell. -- Thank you, Maggie One thing you can do is to "conditionalize" your next step..........for instance if you were going to sum the range A1:A10 and wanted to be sure there was a value in every cell in that range, then for your sum formula you could use =IF(COUNT(A1:A10)=10, SUM(A1...

excel month lookup
i have the following formula =IF(MONTH($B:$B)=MONTH(J1),+SUMIF($H:$H,"auto",$F:$F)+SUMIF($H: $H,"auto",$E:$E)) problem is i am getting results (sum) of all of column F and E I only want the amounts in F and E if the applicable row is the month of jan B E F H 01/01/07 200.00 55.00 auto 01/15/07 201.00 0.00 auto 02/01/07 100.00 25.00 auto 02/15/07 125.00 35.00 milk So for Jan - i should get 456.00 What am i missing here. ...