Excel AutoSave #2

In Excel 2000 was this feature available?
User is not seeing it.
0
anonymous (74722)

Excel 2000 had the AUTOSAVE.XLA Add-in

Should be in Tools>Add-ins.

If not available there, do a file search on your computer.

If not there, install from the CD.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Ssolano"

>In Excel 2000 was this feature available?
>User is not seeing it.

0
Gord

Excel Leading Zeros
Hi, I'm recreating a "transID" made up of year,month, date,branch, transaction number in the mainframe. The excel data contains all these fields, but I've had to use format>cells>custom>00000 to ensure the transaction number has leading zeros. I'm trying to concatenate these fields, but the transaction number reverts back no leading zeros, so what should be 2006010511100123, looks like 200615111123. I need to exactly replicate the "transID" Any ideas ? Rich Build it up in pieces formatting each piece the way you want: dim myStr as string mystr =...

Excel and PDA's
I want to use a excel form that I created using Macros, but my PDA using Windows doesn't not recongnize them. Is there a way for the PDA to use the macros? Thank you, Dan Hi Dan As far as I know, no. Pocket Excel is emphasis Pocket. However, if you have a spare amount of time and money, you can create just anything for Windows Pda's with Visual Studio.NET. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Dan Young" <d1rmrc@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:3CBDF40E-530A-4DFC-8174-9207167AE90B@microsoft.com... > I want to use a excel form that ...

How to customize the Office / Excel 2007 Theme Colors
Hi NG, Any idea how to customize the Office / Excel 2007 Theme Colors - Color Graduations? When you define Theme Colors you can define the base color for color Graduations, BUT there is not way to find out (a) how the color graduations are calculated, and (b) how to customize the color graduations Thanks, Andreas ...

Automatically moving data #2
I was at a halloween party dressed up as a 'killer bunny' One of the guests there told me to imbed "if statements within vlookup but not to use more than 8 if statments. Make any sense to you guys and gals? :confused -- multipla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- multiplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27391 > I was at a halloween party dressed up as a 'killer bunny' hey, I was at the party too, cloaked as t...

Re page numbers in excel
Is it possible to move where headers and footers are shown, like you can do in word. My example a report with landscape and portrait and i would be the page number to be at the side of the landscape document Thanks ...

Can Chart Format Axis Options Fixed be read from a cell in Excel?
Some very nice dynamic charting could be enhanced if the Chart Format Axis Options Fixed value could be read from a cell Hi, It would be a useful feature indeed. In the meantime you can use VBA to provide this feature. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Idaho_Teddy wrote: > Some very nice dynamic charting could be enhanced if the Chart Format Axis > Options Fixed value could be read from a cell -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

can't sum up items i cut&paste from access to excel..
i can't sum up no.'s i cut&paste from access to excel. excel recognizes the correctly cut&paste values as "zero" and so when i add up the columns, i get a zero for the total. They have probably come across as text rather than numbers. In a spare column you can enter the formula: =VALUE(A1) assuming your data starts in cell A1, then copy this down for the extent of your data. Highlight all the cells with this formula in, then click copy | Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK and press <enter>, then copy all these cells to overwrite the data in column A. You ...

Is it possible to set an alarm in EXCEL?
Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to set an alarm in Excel. I' working with a lot of dates in Excel and I've got one column which i called "DATE OF NEXT ACTION" and at that date I'll need to call specific client. I know that I can filter the data on that column. But is there a way t set Excel so that something pops up on the screen? Or any other possibility that Excel checks the dates in that column an makes me aware if today's date is the same as the one in the column? If not, is there another software that can do that? Thanks so much for any help yo...

APNSoft DataGrid 3.2 Released!
APNSoft is pleased to announce the release of APNSoft DataGrid 3.2! APNSoft DataGrid is an ASP.NET server control with AJAX support to display data in a tabular format with options of choice, sorting and editing entries. DataGrid component has been designed in a way to reduce development time at the utmost and require no specific knowledge from developers. --------------------------------------------- New features: --------------------------------------------- 1. Compatibility with Google Chrome. APNSoft DataGrid now supports all popular browsers including Google Chrome. ...

How can I graph the #of times a certain word is found in Excel?
For example I have a list of reasons of what brand of butter a group of customers choose to buy.... How can I take the number of times "I can't believe it's not butter" is listed as compared to "Brommel and Brown", etc. and graph them accordingly onto one graph so if I have 512 occurances where customers chose "I can't believe it's not butter" and 256 occurances where customers chose "Brommel and Brown" - then I would like the graph is twice as large for the "I can't believe it's not butter". Hi, Just put in an ...

Norton AntiSpam #2
Hi All my incoming mail, goes directly to a map called Norton Ant Spam. Nothing goes to Inbox . How can i get normal mails to go to the inbox ? Please mail me the answer ! Thank u :) Lars Disable/Reconfigure Norton Anti-Spam? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Lars" <Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94BD5EFF-2E7B-43D3-B44B-83D815C10D73@microsoft.com... > Hi > All my incoming mail, goes directly to a map c...

Problem of Truncation on Excel 2003
When I open a spreadsheet (saved on an earlier version of Excel) in Excel 2003, the "cell wrapped" cells lose most of the ending information, as if there were some sort of limit on the amount of data to be stored. The spreadsheet in question has links, which I do NOT want updated. I have been working with Excel for as many years as it has existed, therefore you may consider I am not making a mistake. We need this problem fixed ASAP. Additional information: Just discovered that the problem is in the handling of MERGED cells. Only the first cell of the merged group is kept ...

Missing Leading zero when importing in excel
I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is there a way to avoid this, thx. Change the properties of that field to "Text" in Excel. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@bmsar.com "MOI" wrote: > I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I > import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is...

combo box #2
i made a combo box dynamically and add values(by addstring). i want to do that when any value will select a message will display. how can i check that the value is select or change. > how can i check that the value is select or change. What does this mean? Look here for various notifications that combobox sends when selection changes etc: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/comboboxes/comboboxes.asp Very likely you are looking for CBN_SELENDOK or CBN_SELCHANGE. --- Ajay You can tell when the user changes the selection of a com...

Offline Public folders #2
Hello, Is there a way to get the Public folders offline so I can have access to the contacts,calendar and stuff from the office on my laptop even when I am not connected to the Exchange Server in my office? This way I can syncronize my public folders whenever I am in the office and have access to the info at home.Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.The version ou Outlook is 2002 and Exchange Server is 2000. Lakshman. Drag the PFs in question to the public folder "favorites" in your folder view - then you can select them for offlie use in ...

where can i get a excel league table template?
for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LeagueTable.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70B7EB1-F42D-4B54-9E9C-76F4394B34FC@microsoft.com... > for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games ...

Excel attachments open in outlook 2002 as TMP files
I see excel attachments as TMP files when viewing within Outlook 2002 - but only from certain users. These users range from XP Pro with MS Office 2003 to Windows 98 with Office 97. If I use Outlook Express on the same computer, these excel attachments open perfectly with the correct .xls extension. Also when sending the same attachment to numerous users, only this one machine shows the attachment as a TMP file. I've tried sending as plain text, rich text and HTML and have also sent the attachment saved in Excel Workbook format, 97 format and XP format. Please could someone assist me ...

Visual Basic #2
Hi I've putted a question here yesterday, where i used this formula =countif(Table;">"&Cell). This formula works, but the table in question is builted with VB, that i'm not a expert, and so it does not appears the value that it should. My guess is because the values are in VB, so how can i read this value for the formula works? Question not clear. Post the code that you build the table with and the full formula. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Micos3" <Micos3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BCB9C8F-4B2D-4871-9B8A-F3EAFE10588E@microso...

Deleting Worksheet #2
thx again -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27335 ...

2 crm installations
Hi, Is it possible to have 2 seperate ms crm installations on the same server? (one is 1.2 and the other 3.0) Regards This will not be supported and I do not believe this will work due to the way the app is architected. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:25:44 +0200, "mv" <verhaert@gmail.com> wrote: Hi, Is it possible to have 2 seperate ms crm installations on the same server? (one is 1.2 and the other 3.0) Regards can you explain why you want to do this? -...

Adding Excel Spreadsheets to a website #2
Anybody? Bueller -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27745 ...

Why does -1, -1, and 2 equal 4 in a pivot table
Trying to do a pivot table to calculate processing time using Beginning Inventory + Received - Ending Inventory. Used formulas to 'Reverse' Ending inventory thinking I could do a Pivot table on the results however the Pivots appear to be using the absolute values. Confirmed this using Drill down to review the data and the values are no longer showing the negative signs. ...

Excel help #5
Hi, Can anyone please help me. I was trying to enter the below no in excel. 0000081563 But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563. how can i enter zero's infront of the number. Any help will be great. THanks -- kaushi Try formatting entry cell as "Text" before you enter the 0000... value. HTH Regards, Howard "Kaushi" <Kaushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45786724-0795-4E0D-AA9C-7C9EFF8AD564@microsoft.com... > > Hi, > > Can anyone please help me. > I was trying to enter the below no in excel. > > 000008...

help sorting with commas #2
Yes. Each cell contains anywhere from 1 to 12 numbers seperated by commas. -- arkum ------------------------------------------------------------------------ arkum's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278356 If you just sort normally, how does the result differ from what you want? I notice that you want the item with 5 parts (an "e" term) to come before one with only 4 parts. Normal sorting would put them the other way around. If the result isn't what's wan...

excel 2000 Program error
When try to work on excel sheet I get this error "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. you will need to restrat the program. An error log is being created" Thx Seenu ...