Excel - Autofill Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc.. from Outlook

i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client
Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc...

currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts...

is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have
excel do one of the following:
autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact...
or...
give me a choice of available contact...

keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all
different rows and colums...

Any thoughts
0
Bigtalker (4)

Big

One method.......

Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV file.

With your Excel workbook open, insert a new sheet.

Data>Import External Data>Import Data.

Browse to the *.CSV file and double-click to open.

Follow your nose and the Text Wizard.  Your data will be comma-delimited and
go into separate cells in columns.

Use VLOOKUP function to pull this data to your form.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:49:07 -0700, Bigtalker
<Bigtalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client
>Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc...
>
>currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts...
>
>is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have
>excel do one of the following:
>autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact...
>or...
>give me a choice of available contact...
>
>keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all
>different rows and colums...
>
>Any thoughts

0
Gord
4/22/2005 8:22:53 PM
is there a way i can do this directly from Outlook...

if i create an excel sheet of my contacts, i have to re-create that sheet
everytime i make a change to my contacts list...

your thoughts?

thanks

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Big
>
> One method.......
>
> Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV file.
>
> With your Excel workbook open, insert a new sheet.
>
> Data>Import External Data>Import Data.
>
> Browse to the *.CSV file and double-click to open.
>
> Follow your nose and the Text Wizard.  Your data will be comma-delimited and
> go into separate cells in columns.
>
> Use VLOOKUP function to pull this data to your form.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>

> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:49:07 -0700, Bigtalker
> <Bigtalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client
> >Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc...
> >
> >currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts...
> >
> >is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have
> >excel do one of the following:
> >autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact...
> >or...
> >give me a choice of available contact...
> >
> >keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all
> >different rows and colums...
> >
> >Any thoughts

0
Bigtalker (4)
4/22/2005 8:36:01 PM
Don't work with Outlook other than for email so can't say what easier methods
may work for you.

You could probably do it through VBA but my skills are limited.

Perhaps someone else can jump in or check out the microsoft.public.outlook
news groups.

Follow this link to all the microsoft news groups.

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Gord

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:36:01 -0700, Bigtalker
<Bigtalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>is there a way i can do this directly from Outlook...
>
>if i create an excel sheet of my contacts, i have to re-create that sheet
>everytime i make a change to my contacts list...
>
>your thoughts?
>
>thanks
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Big
>>
>> One method.......
>>
>> Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV file.
>>
>> With your Excel workbook open, insert a new sheet.
>>
>> Data>Import External Data>Import Data.
>>
>> Browse to the *.CSV file and double-click to open.
>>
>> Follow your nose and the Text Wizard.  Your data will be comma-delimited and
>> go into separate cells in columns.
>>
>> Use VLOOKUP function to pull this data to your form.
>>

>> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>>

>> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:49:07 -0700, Bigtalker
>> <Bigtalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client
>> >Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc...
>> >
>> >currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts...
>> >
>> >is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have
>> >excel do one of the following:
>> >autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact...
>> >or...
>> >give me a choice of available contact...
>> >
>> >keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all
>> >different rows and colums...
>> >
>> >Any thoughts

0
Gord

CRM address book in Outlook

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Outlook Sales

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

invalid email address

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

learning Excel #3

using the journal on outlook