Excel as a database #3

is there any possibility that i used to print a invoice through excel for my
product sale. is there any way excel can generate monthly sales book as a
database.

Please show me any path

Thanks in advance.

Rao Ratan Singh

Rao,

Consider Access for this project.  To do this properly, you'll likely need a
table for your products (your inventory or product line), one for your
invoices, one for the items in your invoices, and if you're keeping customer
information, one for your customers.  Excel is terrific, but a lot of darn
work to implement related tables, move records around, etc., as your
business flows. Access may be harder to learn, but the payoff is well worth
it.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there any possibility that i used to print a invoice through excel for
> my
> product sale. is there any way excel can generate monthly sales book as a
> database.
>
> Please show me any path
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Rao Ratan Singh

0
nothanks4548 (968)

Using Excel to input survey Information- How do I put checks against myself?
I need to make certain cells accept only "x" and nothing else. I have no idea why this is becoming such a difficulty. Also, I have data sets in there own colum. I need to mark an "x" under yes, no, or not sure. However, if I move too fast, I might put an "x" under yes and not sure. Is there any way to check for that? This sheet is going to get quite large, and manual rechecking will be a huge pain. Anyone have any idea's? Oh! I'm running Excel 2002. -- kinjour ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kinjour's Prof...

Select ALL + Paste function in EXCEL XP
Hi When I "Select All" in Excel copy and paste into Access XP, the only items that paste is what can be seen on screen, rather than the whole worksheet, which is should pick up. Can anyone help? Thank you ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Unusual error in database
I am currently attempting to fix a corrupted exchange server database for a client, that resulted from a power failure. After exhausting all other options from the disaster recovery document, I tried to perform a hard recovery of the private store. The process appeared to make steady progress until about ~72% through the repair database table section. Here, it sat, for over an hour until I cancelled. A backup was available, albeit dated (don't ask), which was restored in place. The backup would not mount as well, so I proceeded with a hard recovery of it, hoping that the damage ...

How do I plot multiple x-axis series in excel charts
I am plotting 3 years of survey data. Survey date is the x axis and count value is the y axis. Surveys were not conducted on exactly the same date in each year. In previous versions of excel I could convert the data to a number (i.e. julian date) Specifiy the minimum and maximum x-axis values and the data points would be diplayed at the appropriate x-value (date). However in Excell 2003 I can't seem to do this. I can't specify a scale for the x-axis and when I try and put specific values in for the x-axis excel will only use the last one entered and applies these date values to ...

Linking a report to Excel
I am linking a report to excel & trying to loop through labels on the report labeled lbl20 - 27 & txt20-27. My report comes up blank when there is data in excel. My code below is lengthy but I figured it was helpful to see it all: Do While ClosingCount <= 27 And PercentVAR > 4.49 / 100 XLAPP.Windows("TotalErrors.xls").Activate XLAPP.sheets("Summary").Select XLAPP.Range("B" & CellNum).Select PercentVAR = XLAPP.activecell If XLAPP.activecell >= 4.49 / 100 Then XLAPP.activecell.Offset(rowOffset:=0, columnOffset:...

Can not seem to get Csharp to talk to the sql compact 3.5 database
Hi I am new to csharp. I am trying to get my Csharp windows app to connect to the sql compact database. I am using Visual Csharp Express 2008 and I created the database using the Csharp express IDE. It is in the project folder. I created the tables and added elements to the table manually with the IDE. So the IDE seems to connect to the database. I can also contact the database using the SQL Server management studio. When I created the database I had the connection string placed in the config.app file. A string does appear to exist there. When I run the app. I can not seem to g...

Excel: Backup Copy not same size as File
I have the create backup option checked so excel creates backuup everytime I save. Sometimes (cannot pinpoint when this is caused) when I save file the file is saved. File size is 4 MB. But the backup created is like 200K for this. When I look at the backup file 1 worksheet is missing and remaining everything is present. Any ideas?? Thanks ...

How can I sort text (in excel) while ignoring articles (e.g., the
I work in a library and want to sort lists of CD titles. I want to sort the list alphabetically while ignoring articles (e.g., the, a, an) when they appear as the first word in the title. Hi I don't think you can do this. what might work is to include the names in an adjacent column an eliminate the articles, then sort on that. For example, this formula will eliminate the words "The ", "An " and " " from the left of the text in cell A1 (note the addition of a spac after the word in the formula, to prevent all words begining with "A being cropped): ...

Need One Excel Template to copy to TWO Databases
Here's the problem: Right now I have a one template (.xlt) and one excel database (.xls) that works fine. Now I want to create a second database so tha whenever I enter in information into the template, it creates a copy i both excel databases. I could just create a new duplicate database and a duplicate templat but that would require me entering in the information twice. Since enter in a lot of information, this is very undesirable. Anyone please help me figure out how to link one template (.xlt) to excel database files (.xls) Steps already taken: When the template wizard asked ...

Excel GETPIVOTDATA and Analysis Services
I have a problem with get GETPIVOTDATA, and getting data from an Analysis Services cube. When you drill down quite far, GETPIVOTDATA starts to display "#N/A", this seems to be because GETPIVOTDATA is cutting the 'variables' short. e.g. GETPIVOTDATA has the following: =GETPIVOTDATA("[Measures].[Value]",$A$3,"[IS Structure TEST]","[IS Structure TEST].[All IS Structure].[RETAINED INCOME].[NET INCOME BEFORE TAXATION AND AFTER INDIRECT COST].[NET INCOME BEFORE TAXATION AND BEFORE INDIRECT COST].[OPERATING INCOME].[NON-INTEREST INCOME].[CHEQUE ACCOUN...

Generating XML from Excel
Hello, I have a question about how to use the XML export functionality in Excel 2003. I have a schema that I am using to map to colmns in Excel. That works great and I can export in a basic test. The problem comes in when I try to add in columns that should be child nodes of the existing row. I am not sure if I am using all the correct terminology. Here is an example. If you have a spreadsheet as follows: Name ID Hair Color CName VName CName VName Ted 1 Brown Level Mgr Area 12 I need the XML to map to: <user> <name>Ted</nam...

how to create a data view in excel for customers
I am new to excel and can print out my entire customer info as a list, but is there a way to create a page for each customer with just their information on an individual page? I'd like to have each customer's information on their own page to print out for my binder. hi, Lisa ! > I am new to excel and can print out my entire customer info as a list, but > is there a way to create a page for each customer with just their information on an individual page? > I'd like to have each customer's information on their own page to print out for my binder. ...

import dbase into excel XP limitations
I imported successfully a dbase iv db with excel XP but the db has about 95000 records and excel can only show about 65000. I tried to import it as a database with a filter that would show the remaining 30000 records but it only shows the headers. I even tried to open it in access 2000 but stil I can only view the headers. How can I access the last 30000 records ? Precision: The dbf file opens with Excel XP and shows all records only via File/Open. Using the import data function shows only the headers and no records... "chris" <p8200_NOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message n...

MSCRM 3.0 WebForm UI changes
For those of you who had a chance at looking into MSCRM 3.0, did you notice any major UI changes? We have customized our CRM (including the UI) to a large extent and we need to study the impact of changes in the upcoming version of CRM. Any info would help. Thanks Vimal You can take a look at my blog. The latest post has some links to webcasts of demos of v3. The UI is quite extensively changed. It resembles Outlook Web Access - very easy to navigate, but much different than current version. As the previous poster said, if your changes were of the "supported" variety you sho...

Macro's #3
I'm creating a worksheet that contains check boxes. Upon opening the file at a later date, I get an error when trying to change from design view to normal view. The error says that the file was opened without enabling the macros. I did not get a prompt to enable any macros when I opened the file. And there doesn't seem to be any macros listed in the file at this time. What do I need to do to get this corrected so that I can continue to work in design view and work with the worksheet normally? Thank you in advance for any help that can be offered. Maybe your security level...

Error opening e-mail history items after upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0
Hi! I get the following error when opening e-mails on a customers history after upgrade to version 4.0. I have found similar errors in version 3.0, but no fix for 4.0. Anyone know what to do? vent code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 24.04.2008 12:48:24 Event time (UTC): 24.04.2008 10:48:24 Event ID: 5cc053bde0514d0cbadbb45bf5c3dd7b Event sequence: 32607 Event occurrence: 10 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/5/ROOT-1-128534487130402833 Trust level: Full Application Virtual Path: / ...

directly emailing word or excel document
From either Word or Excel 2007 - File - Send as email attachment I get the error Logon Failed, you must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. I am using Windows Live Mail and have set thjis as my defalt email program ...

Hi, from my company we could not send e-mail to one domain we get e-mail from them. My company is not blacklisted, we do not have any problem sending e-mail except this company. This is the error message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/20/2005 1:22 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxx@xxxxx.com on 2/20/2005 1:22 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <server name#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> Thanks "...

Excel 2010 PivotTable Oddity
Hi All, I have a very strange excel issue I was able to reproduce on two computers using Excel 2010. To reproduce the issue, do the following: 1. Paste the following info into a new Excel file: Type Amount Invoice 616 Cheque -616 Invoice 199.36 Cheque -199.36 Invoice 199.36 Invoice 67.2 Invoice 71.19 Cheque -337.75 Invoice 84 Invoice 100.8 Invoice 100.8 Invoice 106.51 Cheque -392.11 2. Create a PivotTable from this data. 3. Set up your PivotTable like this: i. Row Labels - Type ii. Values - Sum of Amount 4. Look at the Grand Total number On my systems, it's showing the grand total i...

Split Name Field in Excell
I have a single name field that has both the first and last name of some clients. How can I separate each name and create separate fields for each? Hi crystal the easiest place to start is by using data / text to columns ... insert a couple of spare columns to the right of the column you want to split select the column to split choose data / text to columns ensure delimited is selected - press next untick tab, tick space press finish let us know how you go Cheers JulieD "crystal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5cf901c474b7$77d4abc0$a...

Why can't I see format changes in Excel?
I am working in excel and making format changes (i.e. font color changes) but I can't see them in the worksheet. But if I print preview or print the worksheet the format changes are there Karen If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 05:38:03 -0800, "Karen-Acct" <Karen-Ac...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 04-04-06
This message comes from the Microsoft CRM Server Setup. The crm30svrsetup.log has error - 14:36:41| Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. When you press help I get a "Mal-formed XML found in Microsoft CRM 1.2 Exported Saved Queries" which explains nothing! Somebody else must have a similar error! ......... Bob H Hi Bob, We had this with a customer. We ended up un-installing MS CRM 1.2 and running MS CRM 3 install by simply connecting to the 1.2 db's. However, we ran a series of scripts against the CRM db's (before 3 se...

word, excel, etc on XP try to install with each use
I work for a small non-profit with a bunch of hand me down computers. When I open Word, the system 'installs' it every time. It's a pain, but I can deal. Today is the first time I've tried to use Excel, it goes through the same process but dosen't open and gives Error 1706. I don't have the install disks, but I do have the product number. Help!!! ...

Excel #13
We have XP professional and it has the Excel program icon. When I try t o open it, it states that I need a disk to install it. We did not receive a disk with Excel on it. I contacted the company that we purchased it from and they said that I did not purchase that program. What I am wondering is why the icon is there and is there a website where I can download the Excel program as I would like to use it. Any input would be appreciated. -- Barbara Excel is not part of the OS. It is stand alone or part of Microsoft OFFICE. You may not download it. You must buy it. -- Don Guillett Sale...

importing into Excel from Works?
I've been sent a .wdb file that was made in MS Works. I can't open it in any program. Is there a way to import this into Excel, Word or Access, or something? I just need to get at the data; don't really care what format it's in. Thanks!!! Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/converter/wkscnvxls_e.htm Text from the...