Excel and Sun Accounts

Dear all,

At my company we have a sun accounts database is there
any way we can access the information in that database
through excel by way of ODBC?? if anyone knows of
anything that might be able to help it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Adrian Atherall

"Adrian Atherall" wrote...
>At my company we have a sun accounts database is there
>any way we can access the information in that database
>through excel by way of ODBC?? if anyone knows of
>anything that might be able to help it would be greatly
>appreciated.

I'd be very, Very, VERY surprised if Sun Accounts own documentation didn't
mention ODBC drivers if any were available, even if they cost extra. Ditto Sun's
web pages on this software.

--
1. Don't attach files to postings in this newsgroup.
2. Snip unnecessary text from quoted text. Indiscriminate quoting is wasteful.

Excel #86
I am trying to do a calculation on a budget twelve month spreadsheet. I have one total amount and I am trying to automatically spread it over twelve months without manually doing it. I can not come up with the right formula to do this. Please help. =Cell Address of Total/12 "dstanley@a-pm.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:322b01c49cc6$e649a420$a601280a@phx.gbl... : I am trying to do a calculation on a budget twelve month : spreadsheet. : I have one total amount and I am trying to automatically : spread it over twelve months without manually...

How do I place a picture into an Excel Text Box
I would like to place pictures into Excel Comments (Text Boxes). When I try to do so, the "options" in the file menu (Inert --> Picture) come up in unselectable gray. Is there an "option" setting that I have to select? Other help? Thanks, Brian Create the Comment Box.........move the cursor to the edge where it turns into a cross and leftclick......then click on the little arrow next to the FillColor icon..choose FillEffects, and the Picture tab......then select a picture Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Brian" wrote: > I would like to place pic...

how do i search for a specific time range in excel?
for example: i want to find items that are between 11:01 pm and 07:00 am Hi have you tried using a filter ('Data - filter')? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ultraman60 wrote: > for example: i want to find items that are between 11:01 pm and 07:00 > am =OR(MOD(A18,1)>TIME(23,1,0),MOD(A18,1)<=TIME(7,0,0)) or =OR(MOD(A18,1)>TIMEVALUE("23:01"), MOD(A18,1)<=TIMEVALUE("7:00")) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: h...

Outlook 2002--How do I change account which email account is active?
I have a problem with a Outlook 2002 that makes me think the active account is corrupt. Each time I try to log onto ISP to get email, Outlook prompts me for the password. I have set the password through Windows software and when I log on thru Outlook, I keep checking the box to "remember password" but it doesn't. Now I'm getting connection errors that are not consistent and if I ignore them, I can still log on. This all makes me think maybe the account I'm using has become corrupt. How can I copy my User Files and then create a new account so I can delete the present acco...

Create new admin account and copy settings
Dear all, I want to create another admin log in account for my Windows XP and copy all the settings, including those things on desktop to the new account. How to do it? Thanks Kent Kent wrote: > I want to create another admin log in account for my Windows XP and copy > all the settings, including those things on desktop to the new account. > > How to do it? Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found: Search using Google! http://www.google.com/ (How-...

money essential crash when uploading bank account
each time I set up an account and try to upload bank account I have this error AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 17.0.0.724 ModName: udsxml.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000efbe and money crashed it works fine for credit card ...

Problems with exchange and pop3 accounts.
Hi! I have two accounts, a pop3 account for personal mail, and I logon to my university's exchange server for email. However, the mail from my exchange server keeps getting deleted, and all mail goes to the personal folders inbox. I just cant seem to get my pop3 mail to go to my personal folders inbox, and my exchange server mail to just go to my exchange inbox. I tried changing the mail delivery location, and then what happened was that all my pop3 mail started getting uploaded to my exchange inbox. How do I sort this out? .. you'll need to use rules to move the pop mail...

Excel version problem
Hi, I created an excel spreadsheet in Excel 97 but every time I go to save it, I get the message: "This workbook contains features that are not supported by the file format that you selected. To avoid the possible loss of formatting information, be sure to save a copy of the most recent Microsoft Excel Workbook format." I try saving the file as normal Microsoft Excel (as opposed to Microsoft Excel 5.0 or other formats but I still get the message. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys. ...

Quick Excel 2003 question
We have an employee that swears that her mouse cursor in excel is almost always the standard windows pointer and only occasionally when she's doing special functions does it change over to the large plus symbol. Now mine (and every other computer in the office) is just the opposite, almost always the plus symbol with the occasional pointer when I'm doing something specific. Well she's complaining to everyone that something is wrong with her excel and that I need to repair it immediately, because she can't work with the large plus symbol. But I can't find any way in...

Formula Integrity Not Preserved During Sort in Excel 2000
Greetings! I've used Excel for years, but this one caught me off guard. In Excel 2000, I have the following data: A B 1 3 1 2 1 10 3 2 100 4 5 1000 5 4 =B1+B2+B3 When I sort all five rows by column A, my formula gives me a #REF! error and the formula is changed to "=#REF!+B1+B2". Doesn't Excel track the relative changes of formulas during a sort? It seems to have tracked the 10 and the 100 in the table above but somehow lost track of where the 1 went. This came to my attention when a formula returned ...

Include Analytical Accounting fields in Requisitions Management
It would be great if the Analytical Accounting fields were available in the Business Portal Requisitions Management module. We would like the user to enter these values when they enter the requisition by selecting from the valid list of Analytical Accounting values. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Excel Charting speed
Is there a central point where I can get the most up to date situation on charting in Excel 2007? Where? I have a macro that reads a text format log file from another application and charts the details in near real time. Even my most cut down simulation of this runs significantly slower in Excel 2007 than 2003. ScreenUpdating is off, Calculations are manual. Threading is disabled. The simulation has only data in the worksheet (no objects) plus the chart. Excel version 12.0.6300.5000 SP1 MSO 12.0.6213.1000 The live data can be 250 columns, 30000 rows, but my simulation test use about 600...

excel dynamic charts samples
Please send me excel dynamic charts samples. Thanks. Hi, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm Cheers Andy kh wrote: > Please send me excel dynamic charts samples. Thanks. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Can dynamic charts work if the information is going horizontally instead of vertically? Thanks! Larisa "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, > > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html > http...

Color in Excel Formulas #2
I am using Office 2000 an wish to have the spreadsheet change the color based on the value of the cell. If a calculation goes below a value it should be red. If the value goes above another value it should be green. Otherwise it should be black. Can this be done? -- Jerry Westphal Jerry Check out the options in Format>Conditional Formatting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:59:04 -0800, "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Office 2000 an wish to have the spreadsheet change the color based >on the value of the cell. If a cal...

backing up Excel files
Is there a way of backing up all or several of your files at once? Or do I need to back up each one to a disk 1 file at a time? I have several folders with individual files in each folder. Thank you Louis >-----Original Message----- >All depends on your backup software > >Most ones I have seen lets you select the files you want to back up > > >"Louis" <LouFunk@comcast.net> wrote in message >news:442301c3561f$1d5599f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... >> Is there a way of backing up all or several of your files >> at once? Or do I need to back up...

Getting external data from Access to Excel
Hi, Is it possible to get external data from access to excel? I want to put the value of euro/usdollar to one cell in a worksheet. The conversion rates are stored in a table in an access database. excel and access are both 2003. Thanks for answers. From within Excel, Data / Pivot Table and Chart report / External data Source / Get Data / MS Access database / Browse to mdb file and create what you need via the Pivot Table wizard. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ----------------------------...

website prevents excel import web query
can it be that a website prevents import web query from importing data? this is the website http://www.capital.gr/xa/allstocks.asp and it seems that it imports everything but the stock prices... can that be? is there a way around this, thanks, S, ...

Excel 2007 Charts, Format data point.
I have several column charts displayed on a tab sheet (worksheet) of an Excel 2007 workbook. Some charts have a single series of data, others have more than one series per category. I want to visually differentiate some of the columns/bars in a series as representing older (vs. current) data. I can do this by double clicking on each affected bar to [Format data point] (as opposed to [Format data series]). From here, I can change the attributes (such as fill color or border style) of a single bar. (Cool.) On the charts with more than one series this works fine. However, on c...

Numbers send to Excel in 0.0% format change to 0.00%
My program sends data from MSAccess to Excel. Numbers are formatted from Access as percentages with one decimal point. ex. in MSAccess number is 8.5% but when send to Excel number becomes 8.50%. Is there any reason for this ? Can it be avoided ? Is time consuming to format them again in Excel. Excel and Access have a few inconsistencies like this and I don't have a solid answer. I would check your 'percent' style in Excel under Format>Style... It may not help but is one idea. You could set a macro which runs after the data is refreshed which sets all the formats. Post back ...

import web table to excel
I have read how to import tables on the web to Excel, but I have a problem: when the table data is imported, the columns from the web table are placed successively after each other in Col A in Excel, and the row boundaries are not maintained, instead, each line of data within each cell of the table becomes a row in Excel. Is there a way a) to get the import wizard to place the successive columns from the talble into successive cols in Excel, and b) to preserve the rows, so that multiple lines within a cell will remain that way after importing to Excel, instead of being imported as multi...

Excel asking for save with no changes
OK, I'll try this again. I've searched the fora, and can't find thes specific issues addressed, so any help is greatly appreciated. I have an intranet website for distribution of documents to coworkers It works just fine for .pdf's, word and html files, but I've run into snag with some Excel files. I'm using direct links to the files, so the open up in the web browser. All files are protected at the Sheet an Workbook levels. Some files open and close (via the "Back" button) jus fine. Others, however, produce the following popup upon exit: This document ha...

I am looking for an excell worksheet for restaurant inventory
I have Microsoft Office 2003. I am currently trying to get a new restaurant out of a hole and I need as many resources as I can get my hands on quickly. Once I had a great spreadsheet for inventory which included cells which automatically calculated a cost per ounce price. I used it for costing purposes as well as my daily and weekly inventory. Lisa, I "Googled", "inventory worksheet" and got 1,080,000 hits. The first page listed one spreadsheet for restaurant from RestaurantOwner.com. Good luck. HTH :-) "Lise" wrote: > I have Microsoft Office 2003. I...

An Excel Formula know how to re-arrange the data
The 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D and E In B3 down is: 35, 45, 13, 8 and 3. The result which I want is to list the data E, D, C, A and B from the cell C3 to C7. I want a formula which know how to rank the data in which the Excel formula know B has the highest value of 45 and E has the lowest value of 3. Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200805/1 Try this entered in C3 and copied down: =INDEX(A$3:A$7,MATCH(SMALL(B$3:B$7,ROWS(C$3:C3)),B$3:B$7,0)) If there ar...

Application.FileSearch in Excel 2007!
Hello, I recently upgraded to 2007 about 8 months ago, and had not run this report I developed since the upgrade and have since googled and found that Application.FileSearch no longer exists. I have been trying to use some of the code snippets to modify my existing code but NOTHING seems to work, can anyone assist in helping me mofidy this code?? Thanks so much in advance. Sub CheckTextFilesForHREFs() Globalindx = 1 'MsgBox "Press OK to begin report" Dim WholeLine As String Dim myPath As String, FilesInPath As String Dim workfile As String Dim myR As Lo...

Integration Manager and Analytical Accounting #4
Hi, Does Integration Manager 10 support integration of data into Analytical Accounting? Regards, Saras I am pretty sure it does not unless someone knows differently. I know it supports MDA but not AA. I have had integrations where the window pops up using the GP Standard Adapters and if fouls up the integration. I have found that you can disable Analytical Accounting (Tools - Customize - Customization Status) prior to run your integration so it will succeed, but you will have to go into each of the transactions and enter the AA information manually. I suppose that if you were skil...