Excel Adding years or months to a date

I want to be able to add months or years to a date.

For example 25/4/05 + 9 months
25/4/05 + 15 years.

I am using Excel 2000.
0
Joan (36)

The standard way is:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+9,DAY(A1))

to add 9 months. For 15 years try:

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+15,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"Joan" wrote:

> I want to be able to add months or years to a date.
>
> For example 25/4/05 + 9 months
> 25/4/05 + 15 years.
>
> I am using Excel 2000.
0
jasonjmorin (551)
4/25/2005 2:22:08 PM
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:54:03 -0700, "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I want to be able to add months or years to a date.
>
>For example 25/4/05 + 9 months
>25/4/05 + 15 years.
>
>I am using Excel 2000.

One of the issues in adding years or months (as opposed to days or weeks) is
that all months and all years do not have the same number of days.

So you are always dealing with the issue of 31 Jan + 1 month = ???

One convention is to not allow a rollover to the subsequent month -- so the
answer to the above would be 28 Feb or 29 Feb; but not 3 Mar.

If that is what you want, then the EDATE function would work.

		=EDATE(start_date,months)

and just equate a year to 12 months.

If the EDATE function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install
and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click
OK.
If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

If you don't want to add the ATP, you can mimic it in a complex worksheet
function.  Post back if that is what you would prefer.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

How do I access the Document recovery task pane in Excel
The Document Recovery task pane (where previous versions of files that have been saved using the auto recovery feature are stored) does not seem to appear each time I go into Excel. How do I force this task pane to appear on the screen. On one occasion, I went to the length of re-installing Office and it appeared again when I first entered Excel. This time I did the same and even that didn,t work ? I am using Office 2003 Professional I think that this is one of those things you have no control over. If excel/windows crashed, then the next time you start up excel, it's smart enoug...

Convert Date YYYYMMDD
Hi All, I need to convert using a query the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD. How do I do this? Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Format([YourDateField], "yyyymmdd") -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > Hi All, > > I need to convert using a query the date format from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD. > > How do I do this? > > Thanks > Matt > > -- >...

WinExplorer info to Excel
If I open My Computer (Windows 2000 Professional) in Details View, I can view the contents of any given folder or drive, with columns for filename, size, date created, date Modified, Author, etc. My question is, is there any way to get this information into an Excel worksheet? I have used another database explorer program (Invitrogen Vector NTI 10) which has a button called "camera" which does this. Thank you for your time and attention -- Anne Murray You can do it if you want to use "DOS" commands: Go to "START" - "ACCESSORIES" - "COMMAND...

Does anyone have an Excel spread sheet for tracking 401 k account.
look in templates at the microsoft office site. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "timmaryan@msn.com" <timmaryan@msn.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F9B3BAA-B97E-4E4A-97BF-9063562CE07F@microsoft.com... > Specifically..... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=401k Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:42:53 -0500, "Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote: >look in templates at the microsoft office site. ...

Import excel into RMS
I need to import excel file into RMS is the only way thru EMS, or is there another option? You can download the "Quicksell Import Tool" from the downloads section of http://www.jeanholland.com - you have to create an account, but it's free. The quicksell import tool is an UNSUPPORTED tool that MS released several years ago. You can use it to import Items, suppliers and customers. I tried it once and found that it was easier for me to just load the files directly into SQL Server and move the data around from there - but I'm a SQL geek... A lot of people seem to like...

Updating information in 1 file when it is added to other files
I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information for publications in different industries. 8 Industries and 1 Master List. I would like to link the master list to all of the individual industry lists so that when I add or update a new contact in an Industry list, it is reflected in the Master Spreadsheet as well. Essentially, I want to cut down on duplicating my efforts. Check out the copy paste merge examples... http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Kyle" wrote: > I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information f...

Images in Excel 2000
I'd like to import an 8 1/2" x 11" jpg image into an exel 2000 spreadsheet and be able to enter data into the cells and still see the image underneath. Is this possible and how do I do it. This would be impossible or nearly so using Microsoft Excel. You could do it with Word. http://www.officearticles.com/word/typing_on_top_of_a_scanned_form_in_microsoft_word.htm However, I think it's crazy to try it under any circumstances. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "cjones" <cjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

comp.apps.spreadsheets,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

Date chart formula question?!?1
Hi all, In a very old spread sheet i was using this formula =IF(OR(AND($D7<G$6,$E7>F$6),AND(F$6>=$D7,F$6<=$E7)),".","") and it worked for dates pre 2009. However, i now wish to use it for dates between 2010 - 2011. Each column represent a week and the rows will indicate and project or task. can anyone help? There is nothing it that formula that will make it work for pre-2009 and not for later years. Perhaps you need to look at your data values? If you have a problem, you could tell us what values are being fed into the formula when it works...

public calendar- users can only view items they added????
hi lovely people, i'm trying to get my head round creating a public calendar, a year planner for the business with our small 1 server domain. we just got sbs 2003 after many years of a decrepid nt4 thing, its quite a culture shock!!! anyways here is my question... i've created a public folder calendar. i did this through outlook 2003 in my administrator account. i added numerous events to this public calendar fine and dandy from the same account. now, i can add to and view this public calendar quite happily. my problem is, i can add this new public calendar to any other user ac...

Import Budget into GP v.10 from Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C99834.C340E060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having an issue and have followed the following but it still does = not work.=20 Error message when you try to import a budget in General Ledger in = Microsoft Dynamics GP: "The number of periods for the budget does not = match the number of columns in Excel" View products that this article applies to. -------------------------------------------------------------------------= -----...

excel Hyperlink question
Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Under the Insert Hyperlink menu, I think if you select the "Existing File or Web Page" button and point to what you want, that should do it. HTH Steve "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219B8DA6-B7E1-4405-A272-2EEEAF6F8786@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular > cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Is there a way the hype...

Excel properties
Hi, I'm having a problem running a Word macro which mailmerges data from an excel file I get sent regularly. This only started happening recently. I noticed that my macro runs fine if I open the Excel document then 'save as' the same name. Looking at the properties within Excel I see the original has nothing under the general tab and the archive box is unticked. The resaved document has all the 'type', 'location', 'size' etc data as you would expect, plus the archive box is ticked. Anyone know what's going on here then? Cheers, Shedlord ...

macro in excel 2007
I was able to access the macro trust level. My excel has customized form fields that don't show unless I populate the second options, what is the third option, will it let the fields stay available so I don't have to populate everytime? I have a trusted source. Hi Tillie, Without seeing the actual macro code (assuming that you issue is controlled by code and not by worksheet protection) then I don't think it is possible to answer your question. You probably should talk to whoever set up the worksheet. "access the macro trust level" only allows you to decide wheth...

COUNTIFS with a date for criteria...
I want to count all the entries in column N that occurred between a range of dates specified in the other criteria. The dates are obviously in column B. I use this currently- COUNTIFS(Data!N:N,"=Option",Data!B:B,">=1/1/2009",Data!B:B,"<=2/28/2009") However, I use this similar function in multiple cells, all counting different attributes. Rather than going into each cell and changing the search dates, I wanted a criteria to be a variable that can be entered into a different set of cells... like this. COUNTIFS(Data!N:N,"=Option",D...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

Select buttons pasted into Excel
I pasted a table from my investment account into Excel. The tabl included option buttons. I can get rid of the alpha/numeric part of th paste but the buttons remain. I've tried to format & copy empty cells but the button remains. I ca turn on the button -- nothing happens that I am aware of. How do I get rid of it?? Delete or clear doesn't work. joe -- jzemane ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jzemanek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

How to get an excel doc not saved as "Read Only"
I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there something I can do to prevent this in the future? Try File>Properties>General tab and see if Read Only is checked. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "bunbarn" wrote: > I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there > something I can do to prevent this in the future? Some additional items to work through: Read-Only in Excel, Problems with http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/readonly.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Hide one month in a chart
I have data from July 2006 to January 2007 that I need to chart. The only catch is that there is no data for Dec 06 (we do not capture this data due to the Xmas rush). On the chart I would like to remove Dec 06 but have not succeeded. Any ideas? In the cell where the Dec 6 data should go type =NA() This will display as #N/A Excel will ignore it when it charts But Dec 6 will still be on the x-axis (it would be misleading to not have it) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <dkbleechmore@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:1170456927...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

Issue in reading data from Excel
Hi All, I have 3 excel files with me. say,Test.xlsx, saved.xls and original.xls. Here Test.xlsx has got reference to saved.xls and original.xls and displays values from both files. But the cells referring to data from Original.xls shows #N/A in Test.xlsx where as data from Saved.xls shows the correct values. (I am using the formula: =HLOOKUP(A5,'D: \Testing\[Original.xls]Output'!$A$1:$CQ$2,2,FALSE) Here, saved.xls and original.xls has got same columns and same data, but if i check the files size of both, they are different. size of Saved.xls is 26 KB and the size of Original.xls file...

Convert Xls to PDF For Excel
Convert Xls to PDF For Excel is the fast, affordable way to creat professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. It easy-to-use interface allows you to create PDF files by simply clic the "Save as PDF" button from MS Excel, creating documents which can b viewed on any computer with a PDF viewer. Convert Xls to PDF For Exce supports Font embedding, resolution, compression and multi-language And Convert Xls to PDF For Excel don't need any software such as adob acrobat. Easy Converting Microsoft Excel documents into PDF normal files couldn't b any easier. Simpl...

How to remove newly added server from site?
Hi setup: exchange 2k3, enterprise (backend-frontend). We recently added a member server for testing purposes, without assigning any roles, just a clean install of exchange+SP1. After some days incoming emails from internet got stuck in local delivery queue on that new server. figured out that this new server was first in the msExchOwningPFTreeBL, thus all emails to public folders are sent to this server instead of our primary one. the new server does not have the hierarchy (replication and/or "send hierarchy" do not work and no error message appears in the logs) and therefo...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...