Excel 97 form - please help!

Hi, I would be really grateful if someone could help out as I am bashing my
head against a wall over here!
I have a data form in excel. Certain records can be updated within the body
of the form. The problem I have is that I need the date in dd_mmm_yy format,
but when the information is entered on the form, it is in American format.
Which is fine, except for, when you click on the field, it inserts a space
before the date - which means it can't be formated to the desired format
without going into the cell and deleting the space. However, when I tab
through the record I don't get the same problem!!
Is there anyway I can just make it in the above format?
Very grateful for any assistance.
0
Leanne (18)

Hi Leanne

when you say you "have a data form in excel" what exactly do you mean?
when you say "when the information is entered on the form, it is in American
format?" - do you mean that it is being typed in by the user in american
format and you want it converted to dd_mmm_yy or the user is typing it in in
dd/mm/yy and then it is being converted by excel to mm/dd/yy.

if you have any code behind the entry of date bit could you copy & paste
that in your reply as this will assist in determining a solution.

Cheers
JulieD
Perth, Western Australia

"Leanne" <Leanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I would be really grateful if someone could help out as I am bashing
> my
> head against a wall over here!
> I have a data form in excel. Certain records can be updated within the
> body
> of the form. The problem I have is that I need the date in dd_mmm_yy
> format,
> but when the information is entered on the form, it is in American format.
> Which is fine, except for, when you click on the field, it inserts a space
> before the date - which means it can't be formated to the desired format
> without going into the cell and deleting the space. However, when I tab
> through the record I don't get the same problem!!
> Is there anyway I can just make it in the above format?
> Very grateful for any assistance.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
3/16/2005 11:02:05 AM
Hi Leanne,

> I have a data form in excel. Certain records can be updated within the body
> of the form. The problem I have is that I need the date in dd_mmm_yy format,
> but when the information is entered on the form, it is in American format.
> Which is fine, except for, when you click on the field, it inserts a space
> before the date - which means it can't be formated to the desired format
> without going into the cell and deleting the space. However, when I tab
> through the record I don't get the same problem!!

Is this the form from Data, form and are you showing the form using a macro?
If so, use this code to show the form, it will ensure you can use local date
formats:

    Application.CommandBars(1).FindControl(ID:=860, recursive:=True).Execute

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Excel 97 #9

Excel button problem

learning Excel #3

outlook 97 and express email problems

Please help #8

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA

form fields not saving to table

Help with importing data

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...

How do I lock individuals cells within an Excel spreadsheet so th.
i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. Hi first select the cells for which you want to allow entries and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'. Now protect the sheet 'Tools - Protection' "ucastores" wrote: > i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the > spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. ...