Excel 97 #9

Please can anyone help???

I have two columns in Excel 97. The first contains a list of statu
values eg. pending, or granted or withdrawn. The second contains date
eg.01/12/1997, 05/06/2003. I woudl like to know how to get all th
granted apps before 31/12/2003. Can anyone help please

theres many ways, but an easiest way would be to do a
sort.  Highlight the 2 columns, click on data, then sort,
then sort by status, then by date.  this should group them
all together.  hope this helps...toe

of status
>values eg. pending, or granted or withdrawn. The second
contains dates
>eg.01/12/1997, 05/06/2003. I woudl like to know how to
get all the
>granted apps before 31/12/2003. Can anyone help please.
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/29/2004 5:42:13 PM
Hi

Mark the header cells at the top of your columns.
Data=>Filter=>Autofilter
Select the drop down on the Dates column and choose Custom
Select from the left had drop down, Less than or equal and in the white pane
opposite enter 31/12/2003

This will give a filtered list of the results you want

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"wepeners >" <<wepeners.10szxg@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Please can anyone help???
>
> I have two columns in Excel 97. The first contains a list of status
> values eg. pending, or granted or withdrawn. The second contains dates
> eg.01/12/1997, 05/06/2003. I woudl like to know how to get all the
> granted apps before 31/12/2003. Can anyone help please.
>

> ---

roger1109 (65)
1/29/2004 5:44:55 PM
wepeners <<wepeners.10szxg@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote in

>  I woudl like to know how to get all the
> granted apps before 31/12/2003.

What do you mean -- "get all the granted apps"?  Do you want a count of
them?  Do you want to hide the rows that don't match?

--
My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid. Please
remove them if you are not a spammer or list broker and want to reply.

Saving Excel Docs as a 'Variable' Name
Is there a way to save an excel document, by a macro, that names it by a cell within the document? Also, is there a way, again using a macro, to open up specific files based on cells within the document? nm, got it. "ager_merityme" wrote: > Is there a way to save an excel document, by a macro, that names it by a cell > within the document? > > Also, is there a way, again using a macro, to open up specific files based > on cells within the document? nm, got it. "ager_merityme" wrote: > Is there a way to save an excel document, by a macro, th...

Excel 2003 printing problem--printing 1 document on 2 pages
Hi All!! I looked through the printing probs section and didn't see anything like this....but I KNOW someone will be able to help with this. We have a legal size spreadsheet with .7 left/right margins----it prints fine for most of us....but I just emailed it to one of our branches and it prints on 2 pages---half left and half right.... I spoke with the person trying to print this and we went through her page set-ups and they all seem to be fine....her printer set-up also seems to be correct....ANY ideas as to why this would happen and how I can walk her through (over the ph...

Integration Manager GP 9.0
Hi to all, can anyone help me on this 3 types of integration manager: a. integration manager - Conversions b. integration manager - financials c. integration manager - distribution can you give me some information of the three types, their differences and features. hope to reply as soon as possible. -- Jeremy Ayaay Technical Manager STRC Conversions gives you access to all integrations for a limited time - 90 days I think Financials gives you integrations to the master tables and AP and AR transactions. Maybe IV & UPR(US Payroll) TRX as well Distribution gives you SOP and POP i...

How do I make a chart I have generated in Excel into a jpeg file.
I have a chart that I generated in Excel that I need to make into a jpeg file so I can resize it and drop it into a web site article. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have ACDSee 8 software for the resizing and dropping into the web article I am working on. Hello, Patty! You wrote on Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:04:25 -0700: PT> I have a chart that I generated in Excel that I need to PT> make into a jpeg file so I can resize it and drop it into a PT> web site article. Any help would be greatly appreciated. PT> I have ACDSee 8 software for the resizing and dropping int...

Excel 2007-macro enabled, multi-sheet opening in minimized mode
A spreadsheet that has 10+ worksheets is opening in minimized mode with only the current worksheet appearing to be displayed. In order to see the other tabs, the user needs to recognize that they are not in full screen mode. This spreadsheet is being linked in a word document Appendix as support documentation. The users click on the link and see one worksheet not realizing that there are multiple sheets to review. How to get the spreadsheet to open maximized with all worksheet tabs displaying? I have gotten the spreadsheet to open correctly when not going throught the word docu...

coping with empty excel cells in the xml document
Hi I have an xml document that has been created from an excel spreadsheet. In the s/s there are some empty cells however these are not captured in the xml file. All that is added is for the cell after where the empty cell should be, it has an extra attribute: "ss:Index="6", where it is the 6th cell in the row, and cell 5 had no entry. I'm wanting to pick out a particular cell from a particular column however just iterating through the cells is going to give me invalid values where there should have been empty cells. Does anyone know how to handle this? I've tried ch...

excel
I have a total of 20 worksheets. The worksheet names are "q1", "q2" "q3" ... , "q19, "q20" (all without the quotes). In each sheet, I wan cell A1 to contain the name of the worksheet. When I change the name of any worksheet, the content of cell A1 (in th particular sheet) should also automatically change to the new name o the worksheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you place the following code into vba it should work. What it does i after you have changed the sheet names goto tool and there will be command there called re...

Access VBA creating an Excel spreadsheet with a total line
I have an Access module which dynamically creates an Excel spreadsheet. Now the Business User has asked that we put a Total Line in the Excel spreadsheet. How do I within Access VBA determine the range, because the spreadsheet will never be the same, and then use that range to create a formula to insert to the local recordset which dynamically creates the Excel spreadsheet with the Total Line??? Thanks in advance for your review and help and hopeful for a reply. PSULionRP On Dec 22, 10:35 am, PSULionRP <PSULio...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Acces...

Excel file to create a Distribution List
Is it possible to use an Excel file to create a Distribution List in Outlook? I am using 2002 SP3 for both Outlook and Excel. The Excel file has data in/for the following fields: customer number, Last Name, First Name, Phone Number, Email Address. Further, does it help, hinder or not matter at all that the "file" for the List has already been created? In other words, I have a created a list with title only ("John Smith's Group"), but the group itself has no data or entries in it. Thank you all in advance for the incredible assistance I receive from th...

Excel Macro 05-16-10
I want a macro that will minimize the excel window and keep on refreshing my screen by pressing F5 and and keyboard press will terminate the excel file. ...

Pls, HELP !!! Access 97 installation failure
Hi,I have done dozens of Access 97 (retail) installations, all of themsuccessful but the last one.I have a new PC, with Windows XP SP2 and 2GB memory.When I install Office 97 from original CD (before any Service Packs),everything goes fine until the final process that I receive followingerror:"WorkGroup Administrator: error to change workgroup database"I click on "Accept" and I receive another error message:"Installation program could not create file SYSTEM.MDW. Afterinstallation is complete, reboot and execute Workgroup Administratorbefore to execute this application....

Why do I get #### when I Autosum in Excel?
Windows XP SP3. I am a newbie in Excel. I am using the AutoSum function. Sometimes, I get correct dollar figure. Other times, I get a row of ##### signs, but no digits. I cannot figure out why this happens, and how to prevent or undo it. Any suggestions? -- Otter Daughter HI Try widening the column where the ##### appears -- Regards Roger Govier "Otter Daughter" <OtterDaughter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEA7B308-E2C1-41BE-9332-96F778CFB025@microsoft.com... > Windows XP SP3. > I am a newbie in Excel. > I am using the...

Adding Outlook Address Book for Outlook '97
I'm running Outlook '97 and Windows '98. I had to reformat the hard drive so I had to reinstall Windows Messaging from the Old '95 folder of the Windows '98 disk. Question1: Why are there two versions of Messaging? one folder labelled "intl" and one labelled "us". Which one should I have used? I can't remember which one I used but now i don't have the option to add service "outlook address book", nor can I make contacts an email address book. Preformatting the hard drive I could and it was very useful. What can I do? Which version of ...

Excel Scrolling
Hey there, Is there any way to get Excel to scroll without moving 1 whole cell at a time? For example if I have a cell with a value that is extremely long. Longer than the page width, and I want to be abel to scroll wihtout having the cell dissapear because Excel has to scroll by columns. Thansk in advance. One way is to use the middle mouse button and move it very gently. It' a bit of a pain though -- WREFOR ----------------------------------------------------------------------- WREFORD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2659 View this...

Excel formatting #2
Could someone please help with a macro or any other suggestion to format an Excel sheet. Basically data is downloaded from a bank every week and the size of the file can vary but the formatting is constant. That is each record is 7 lines. So first record is line1-7, second record is line 8-14, third record is line 15-21 and so on. I need to format this data and basically I can record a macro for one data set that is for the record on line 1 to 7. My question is how can I set it to replicate so that it replicates for line 8-14 and then 15-21 and so on. The source formatting remains the same...

View/Edit CSV/Excel in HTML
Hi, I have a requirement in which i want to display a CSV file from the server to the user, allow him to make changes to the CSV file and he should be able to submit back the changes to the server. Please advice. Thanks, Aatish ...

can not add data to existing Excel worksheet
sullyhd, is the sheet protected? What happens when you try to add data? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "sullyhd" <sullyhd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B06E0E8-A952-461F-A01F-219AB530A2F6@microsoft.com... > ...

How can i get more 3D shapes for Auto shapes in excel? #2
Please suggest how i can get more shapes (simple as well as 3D ) in Auto Shapes of drawing toolbar in excel & word? ...

Not Enough Rows in Excel
I never thought I would run out of space in Excel however, lately I hav been needing more rows than what excel will allow me. I have found tha Excel allows for only 65,536 rows and no more. I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to extend that. Are there an programs that will increase the amount of rows allowed? I am thinking would need around 150,000 rows. Thank -- Joe_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Joe_G's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2748 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

excel 2000 out of memory
How big can a spreadsheet be in excel 2000 ?? I can seam to get over about 70 MB or I get can't open it and save it, I have 512 MB RAM and there is plenty left over when excel runs out of memory ?? Kim Hi Kim see http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com "Kim" <k@lazy.dk> wrote in message news:fD3zb.50506$jf4.2762193@news000.worldonline.dk... > How big can a spreadsheet be in excel 2000 ?? > > I can seam to get over about 70 MB or I get can't open ...

Excel 2002
Where do you find info to have capability to create a formula and what would formula be using existing database of say, 100 names and have Excel generate a random order list of this 100 names? ...

Outlook 2000 MAPI Client vs Word 97
Hi, On my computer I use Word/Excel 97 and Outlook/PowerPoint 2000. I noticed the following problem and was wondering if someone would know of a solution : If I create a document in Word and then go to "File, Send to, Mail Recipient..." to attach my unsaved document to an outlook email message, I get the Outlook email box with my document attached to it. Now, if I hit the little floppy disk icon to save my message because I want to send it later .... when I go to Outlook .... I can see that my message got saved in the inbox folder instead of the draft folder..... I would like to...

Excel Worksheet manipulation
How do you keep related data on multiple worksheets in order when you sort the top worksheet I don't use formulas like: =sheet1!a1 in those other sheets. I try to find a unique key field (column) and populate those other worksheets with the same keys (just copy|paste--not formulas). Then I use =vlookup() or =index(match()) to return the values corresponding to those unique keys. You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup()) and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match())) aces2 wrote: > &g...

Excel Pivot Table
Hi there! Does anybody know how I can refresh the criteria data in the drop down boxes of an Excel Pivto Table? If I deleted data in the database the data still shows up in the dropdown boxes. Thanks for your quick reply, Stephen Hi Stephen have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html Frank Stephen Godee wrote: > Hi there! > > Does anybody know how I can refresh the criteria data in the drop > down boxes of an Excel Pivto Table? If I deleted data in the database > the data still shows up in the dropdown boxes. > > Thanks for your quick reply, > > ...

Watermark in Excel #2
Can a watermark be added to an Excel worksheet? See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can a watermark be added to an Excel worksheet? >. > ...