Excel 97 #3

what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is
some type of handle.
0
rjharris (5)

Is it in the top right corner?

If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator.  Let your cursor linger over
that cell.  If you see a comment, that's it.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment.
Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it.

Regards
Peter

Error message when copying Excel Pie Chart to Word (in Office 2007
I am getting an error and Excel is shutting down when I try to copy/ paste special (as a bitmap, or windows metafile, or picture, etc) a pie chart using colored data labels for each part of the chart. If I turn off these label by color boxes and just use a plain label or a lable with a line, the copy/paste special works fine. These pie charts were created in Excel 2003 and then the file was converted to Excel 2007 format. The Word version that I am using is 2007, but the file is still in compatibility mode with a 2003 word file. (I also tried this using 2007 to 2007 type files and it ga...

Best Book for an Investment Banker to Learn Excel
I'm going to be starting my career shortly as an i-banker (~in a month) and, as much as it pains me to say, I definetly don't feel as though my knowledge of Excel is where it should/needs to be. What are some good books for someone who is relatively unfamiliar with Excel? I have about a month until I start and really want to get on it. I already picked up a macros book and have been playing around with that, but I am running into some problems as my knowledge of Excel is not that great. I've been reading some bad reviews about "Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Step by Step&quo...

Exporting to Excel
When we export from smartlist to Excel, it opens a new "instance" of Excel every time. This is not desirable since we already have a workbook open that we need to copy the exported worksheet into, but it doesn't show up as an option to move because the exported workbook opens in a new instance every time. This did not happen before applying GP SP2 . . . but now it does. Any ideas how to change this behavior so that the exported workbook opens in the same instance of Excel that is already open? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentatio...

Training Senior Volunteers Basic Excel data entry
As the IT Director for a county commissioner, I've been asked to visit our rural office today to give a "training" to 5 volunteers on data entry using Excel 2003. The volunteers have little or no experience using Office or Excel..... Any suggestions as to the best Microsoft "Help" web link that would be best suited for educated, senior (65+ yrs old) folks, using Excel for data entry. The problem with most of the Help links is so much information overload........ Basically looking for the best KIS (Keep It Simple) Excel, Word and/or Outlook help link...............

How do I create a dashboard using Excel 2003?
I understand from a Microsoft article that I can create dashboards using Excel 2003. Can someone show me how? Visit Charley Kyd's site: http://exceluser.com Note that a dashboard is a way to present useful information, graphic and tabular, within a single screen or page. It is not a way to display fancy dials and gauges which sacrifice information for glitter. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jennifer D" <Jennifer D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

If/Then Matrix? Can Excel do this?
Hey guys- got a semi-easy one here... I have a range of dates that I need a specific code associated with each year. For example- if the year is 1982, the code to use in this cell is ..9445. If the year is 1993, the code is .9669, and so on. This will run in a macro eventually. How/where do I write this, and, can Excel do something like this? IE- can Excel 'store' a 'matrix' of codes for each year? I hope this is making sense. Bbtw, it doesnt HAVE TO work in a macro- it'd be pretty cool if it could actually work automatically as soon as the date was entered into a specific...

balance in excel that only shows the last entry
I have a simple formula in cell G4 I have =(g3-c4-d4-e4+f4) When I copy it down for the entire column it shows the last "G" entry all the way down. I want it blank until I fill in c4, d4,ef or f4 (like a checkbook register, but with multiple columns) Try this: =IF(COUNT(C4:F4),G3-C4-D4-E4+F4,"") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "mchick" <mchick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20EEEDE-E33F-4043-886B-F8B380DCA292@microsoft.com... >I have a simple formula > in cell G4 I have =(g3-c4-d4-e4+f4) > > When I copy it down for the ...

Can't save Excel using Save button,
When I try to save an Excel spreadsheet, I get a message saying "GWXL97.xla could not be found. Check spelling of file name and verify that the file location is correct." I have never named any of files by that name and don't know what it refers to. I have to hit the "X" button on the upper right hand corner and wait for it to ask me if I want to save it, then go through the save process. This happens even if I try to save changes to an existing excel document This may help... xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise is installed http://support.microsoft.com...

Excel Check Box problem
Hi, I am new to this forum, but in desperate need of some Excel help. I have created a long series of questions and the answers are in th form of "check boxes". If the user clicks the YES checkbox to questions I want to be able to "add" them up, and come up with result, i.e ANSWER. If the user clicked 3 YES and 1 NO, I want different answer to appear. I am not too sure if I am on the right track, as so far I was wonderin if I need to give the TRUE a number and so on? Hope this message is not too confusing. Hope you know what I mean. The new example should help. ...

3 simple questions for the experts
Hi 1. Does Outlook 97 allow you to view newsgroups like Outlook Express 6.0? 2. Does Outlook Express have a calendar function like Outlook 97, so it reminds you of meetings etc..? 3. What should I use over the other: Outlook 97 vs Outlook Express 6.0? Cheers Sharp 1. No. No version of Outlook reads news 2. No. 3. Recall that Outlook 97 is the most outdated and least functional of any version of Outlook. It is no longer even supported. It is the least facile at handling Internet Mail protocols. So it's your choice. There is ample material online to let you compare the 2 products. ...

Excel 2003 #33
I hope that someone can help with this data collection A1 B1 a 4 digit no a 1 digit no A2 B2 a 4 digit no a 1 digit no In another cell for data collection I need to have the data form cell A1 and at the side a total of B1 or B2 etc etc if a1,A2 etc are the same number I hope that I have explained this properly, what it is for is a time sheet where the same job ( a 4 digit no) across a number of days has had various hours spent at this task. I need to have a collection athe base of the report totalling all the hours spent on a particular job ...

Excel for Mac sort question
Is there an add-in or easy way to sort by seven columns rather than by just three columns? Nope. You could sort 3 times in reverse order of importance. Or maybe you could record a macro when you do the 3 sorts and then just rerun that macro when you need the same sort. I don't use Mac's. Can you still record macros in your version of excel? garagecapital wrote: > > Is there an add-in or easy way to sort by seven columns rather than by > just three columns? -- Dave Peterson Hi, Here are 3 solutions if you don't want to do use a macro: 1. Sort the three least i...

PROBLEM
Hi all, It's been a really really long time since I've used Excel, and now need to create charts based on data I've been tracking, however, can't seem to make the charts represent the data in the way I need fo it to show up. Attached is what my data looks like: (also I need different graph for each phone #). Can anyone help me PLEASE !!!!!! need to find a way to do this ASAP. I've tried reformating my dat every which way I can and nothing seems to work. Frustrated in Oklahom -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Paste a sample of your data as text in...

Office 2003-Excel
When I was using Office 2000-Excel, it was a very simple procedure to make a calculation of e.g.: - (L8+L9)-E9= Now when I want to make this simple calculation I select Sum, but when I try to click on the appropriate cell, say L8, instead of this being entered as before I get a Ping and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? How can I enter this simple calculation? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you! PS Microsoft had a good product in Office 200, they had to mess it up! Hi just enter =L8+L9-E9 no need for SUM in this case -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ann...

Any Generous Excel Gurus our there??
I am trying to complete a project involving horseracing handicapping (using data files that are comma delimited). I am so close, but need just a few more things to tie up. Anyone interested in helping?? If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'. Thank you, Scott ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Why not post your questions here so that others may benefit from any solution offered. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to complete a ...

Excel Charts are greyed out!
I am using Excel 2002. I have an excel worksheet that has four charts. All four charts ar being greyed out. I don't know how and why. But when I click on on of them, the one being clicked on will be viewable, but the other thre are still greyed out. The same applies for all four. I couldn't find any settings that would cause the problem. Any ideas/suggestions? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Check the setting of Objects on the main options dialog. Use the menu Tools > Options and on the View tab make sure the setting of Objects is Show All. Cheer...

Migration BCM to CRM 3.0 #2
Hello, I'm working on the migration from BCM to CRM. I installed Data Migration Pack and ran it. I successed the 8 checks and I maped correctly the users and the territories. But when I launch Configure I have an unexpected error. In the log file I have: .... 7/12/2006 10:51:24 AM------>Next Screen Request: From ConfigurationSummary screen To ConfigureCRM screen 7/12/2006 10:51:24 AM------>Initializing CDF database... 7/12/2006 10:51:37 AM------>Resolving Outlook with Business Contact Manager configuration IDs to Microsoft CRM 7/12/2006 10:51:37 AM------>Application Terminat...

ANN: New XML Differencing, Updated XML Mapping in Stylus Studio 5.3
A new update for the Stylus Studio XML IDE adds a new XML Differencing Tool, updated visual XML mapping tools and many other features. Download a free trial of Stylus Studio 5.3 at: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html Highlights of new XML Differencing Tool: * Differencing of XML files and folders using a customizable color-coded XML tree view * Support for one-to-one and many-to-one XML file * Step through XML differences node-by-node * View differences using "split-screen" and "merged changes" views * Expand all changes, or collapse identical XML blocks to sim...

Manually Registering an Excel Add-in
I'll post this on a few different newsgroups. OK so we migrated our network from NT 4.0 to 2003. One of the users had a program that adds itself onto Excel and pulls queries off a SQL database into it. Once her machine was logged into the new network, of course it created a new local profile under documents and setting called \username.newdomainname. When she runs it she gets an error which refers to DLL files not being registered and her event log states that the registry couldn't unload her profile as an application was still running, but the registry will unload after reb...

Excel Error #2
"Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type." I receive this error whenever i click insert chart in all office applications even within excel itself. Tried disabling Norton Internet Security 2007, problem persists. Tried running Diagnostics, problem persists. Any solutions? Version of Excel? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "kwpang1" <kwpang1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7458A216-6...

Outlook & excel
How does one transfer data from an excel mailing list into outlook? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, In Outlook File>Import and Export>import from another program or file, next, Microsoft Excel. Far from being an expert when it comes to Outlook, you might find better advice in an Outlook NG -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "nmw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05a401c39643$2ea6bb80$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How does one transfer data from an excel mailing list into > outlook? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hi ...

excell grid lines
When I choose to have grid lines printed, the grid lines does not show up on the preview page, nor does it print out grid lines. I have tried checking off for grid lines. I have tried uuchecking, but still no grid lines are printed. I followed the online instructions, but still no grid lines. help!! Angel Hi Angel Maybe the fill color of your cells is white?? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Angel" <Skiperkie@aol.com> wrote in message news:004101c37f21$50b4a450$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I choose to have grid lines ...

Shapes #3
Does anyone know where I can find basic "Cisco" Shapes and use them in my Visio Diagram? The ones I am looking for are illustrated below: http://www.kevincarleo.com/shapes.jpg try here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/prod_visio_icon_list.html al "Kevin J. Carleo" <KevinJCarleo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD6AFB95-AFAC-43A0-B8FC-D5162A8D7BDD@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where I can find basic "Cisco" Shapes and use them in my > Visio Diagram? The ones I am looking for are illustrated below: > > http://www.kev...

excel vba
is there a way to set up something or even a macro which once i print m sheet, it will erase the numbers which i have in my cells, but not th formulas i have set up in the formula bar. the reason being is m invoice system has to obviously be cleared after each transaction, bu i don't want to lose the formulas i have set up -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Chief Sub ClearItOut() Cells.Select Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 1).Select Selection.ClearContents End Sub You can do the same manually by CRTL + A to select all cells. F5>Special>Co...

Add-Ins for iSeries Access Data Transfer in Excel 2007
How do I set up Add-Ins for iSeries Access Data Transfer in Excel 2007 Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue. "suriahseth" wrote: > How do I set up Add-Ins for iSeries Access Data Transfer in Excel 2007 1 Click on the Office button (the large circle at the top left of the application.) 2 Click on the Excel Options button. 3 In the resulting dialog, click on Add-Ins to view the installed add-ins for Excel. 4 Near the bottom of the dialog, there is a pull-down box of items to manage. Ensure Excel Add-ins is selected, and click on the Go button. 5 In the resultin...