Excel 2010 not opening in maximized view

Hi,

I am starting to use Office 2010 and Excel is only opening in a small
window. Does anyone have knowledge on how to get it to open in full window
(be the size of my screen)? All other office applications open in full view.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the suggestion, however this did not work. I performed these
steps then tried it, didn't take so I rebooted, still didn't take and I
double checked that in showed as Maximized and it did. Any further
suggestions?

Thanks

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> Try right(!) clicking the "Excel" Icon > Properties > run as "Maximized".
> Micky
>

> "racee" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am starting to use Office 2010 and Excel is only opening in a small
> > window. Does anyone have knowledge on how to get it to open in full window
> > (be the size of my screen)? All other office applications open in full view.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Unhide columns through Excel Viewer
I have an Excel document that I am viewing with Excel Viewer. It is a document of weekly totals, where the Author has hidden all of the prior weeks totals. Author said to just "unhide" the columns, but have been unable to locate where to do that through Viewer. Is it even possible? A Viewer is a viewer. To change an Excel file you need Excel best wishes Bernard "hummels" <hummels@tce.com> wrote in message news:97152248.0411170921.2eaea5d@posting.google.com... >I have an Excel document that I am viewing with Excel Viewer. It is a > document of weekly total...

Emailing XML direct from Excel
Please help! I have a problem with Excel 2003 and Excel 2002 where if I open an XML Spreadsheet file in Excel and then select File - Send To - Mail Recipient as Attachment, Excel converts the XML to XLS before attaching it. Is there someway I can make Excel leave the document alone so that XML gets sent on? I need to open XML, allow changes to cells, save changes and send as XML to be further parsed etc. This works fine if the XML is opened in Internet Explorer (Excel 2003 only) but not in Excel itself. Could someone please test and tell me if this is happening for them too or whet...

Office Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Analysing data from several excel workbooks
Hi, I'm totally new to excel and i need to analyse the changes in a funding position across several years in a seperate excel sheet. As in, submissions are made year on year showing the amount of revenue spent on several different services. I need to be able to compare how those have moved over the last 5 years in a single spreadsheet. I appreciate any help. Thanks To give a clear answer we would need a bit more detail of the data layout Give us a simplified version of what the data looks like Your 'subject' talks about different workBOOKS but the text of the ...

Viewing documents without publisher
I produce newsletters in Publisher. But I need a viewer to send to people who dont have publisher on their PCs. Seems that viewers are available for other office packages except Publisher any suggestions No such animal. Most folks create a pdf file and mail it out as an attachment. Not only is there a free reader (Adobe Reader) but the file size is much smaller than what Publisher creates. A couple of pdf producing programs are: PDF-XChange - No 1 for small file size - modest price Free trial at: http://www.docu-track.com/ Primopdf - free http://www.primopdf.com -- Don Vancouver, US...

Too Many Excel Apps running
I recently installed Excel 2010. My operating system is XP Pro. Ever since I installed Excel 2010 I find that every time I open an Excel file it opens a new Excel. It is not unusual for me to have 5 different Excels open even after I close a file. My bottom ribbon is full of Excels! I previously used Excel 2003 and did not have this problem. I know these are different Excels operating because I am unable to open a split window to show two different files. Note - I usually open my files via Explorer. Is there a setting that I can use to require that my single open Excel can open any new Exce...

Excel document changes format
Hi, I have an Excel document that changes format unexpectedly. It seems to change the format of the document eventhough i saved it. I have to resize the windows of the bar graphs, etc. It just doesn't save it the way i want. I re-installed MSOffice and re-did the NT profile, but still persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Excel does seem to have problems if the screen zoom is anything othe than 100%. Usually changing to 100 and back resets he screen display -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Complete system lockup when opening publisher
We have been having this problem for a while and recently it started a second system so now I can rule out the one laptop, but I'm hoping someone has a fix for this. The my documents are sync'd to the U: drive which is a network share. Sometimes when the user opens publisher it will freeze and lockup the entire system. You can move the mouse but that is all. Even Ctrl-Alt-Delete does nothing. I have to hard power off and on the laptop to get windows responding again. Everything else works just fine. But to get publisher working again, I have to open regedit and...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

Mail downloading as "opened"
I have Outlook 2002. I just set up a user account on a new computer and the mail has rules sending it to the individual folders. When I download the mail it goes to the specified folders, but doesn't remain unopened, so I don't know when there is new mail. All my mail is being "opened" when downloading. How do I correct this? Thanks! __________________ Stacey ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Unable to Open "Outlook Today" in Office 2000
Several users at our company are having a problem with MS Office 2000 (SR1) v9.0.0.3821 - the "Outlook Today" main mailbox. Although every user can click on this folder/option along the left hand tree they are unable to click/open the "customize Outlook Today" icon. The icon is present, not greyed out or anyting, but no matter how many times you click on it nothing happens. - So far we've deleted all temp/temp internet files, cleaned/optimized the registry, uninstalled and reinstalled Office (Outlook), installed all options in Outlook, & deleted the word &...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Excel to publisher import
How can I import an excel spreadsheet to publisher doc.? If you want to insert the actual spreadsheet, you can go to Insert > Object > Create from file and browse to the Excel file. If you want to merge the contents of the cells, you can use the Mail Merge feature in Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80F32E78-1710-40E9-8922-CE4EBD69F5C2@microsoft.com... > How can I imp...

Sales Order remains open after transfer to Invoice
Hi Everyone, Does somebody has a hint to solve this issue : Today a user tried to transfer a Sales Order from SOP windows into an Invoice. There was one item that was out of stock and therefore the system asked what to do ? user answered to backorder all the quantities of that item, since it was down to zero in inventory. Once the Invoice was created, the user realised that the Sales Order was still available in the open orders. She created the Backorder from the INvoice since the item was N/A (zero) and the BO created fine. A new SO was also generated from that BO... So far I've ...

windows xp home op system viewing options
I've been running windows xp, home & pro, for some time now. In that system, pics that you have in your comp can be displayed in thumbnail form like a web page. My ancient monitor just blew up, and I FINALLY got a flat screen 20" monitor, but now the thumbs are MICROSCOPIC!! I've used the display settings to enhance the view to 150%, but it only affects text. Also, Explorer 8 has zoom features, but many of the programs, and my big want, the thumbnail pics are so tiny they're hurting my eyes to see them. Can we adjust the size of displayed files in the hard ...

Mailbox throws "Exchange is currently in recovery mode" message when opening
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. I went ahead and deleted an AD account of type InetOrgPerson and it's associated mailbox. Even though the AD account was an InetOrgPerson type, it seemed to work ok like that up until the last couple of days until it mysteriously stopped working. So I re-created the account, setting it to type "user" instead of InetOrgPerson. I ran a mailbox cleanup agent task on the store and purged the mailbox. Re-created it about 5 seconds later. This is the only store on the only server in the site. When I tried to open Out...

Open Debtor Note from within VBA
Hi, Can anyone tell me if it's possible to open a Debtor Note from within VBA? I know I can use VBA to press the Note button, but in this case, the Note button will not be available. We need all staff to be able to amend Debtor Addresses but do not want them to be able to access the Debtor record itself. This can be achieved by removing the security on the Debtor Card and just giving them security to the Debtor Address Card. However, I would like them to be able to view and amend notes, preferably by creating a new Note button on the address card. Unfortunately I can't find a way of...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

cant open a link from an email
i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click on a link in the email i get a error that says: "This opperation has been cancled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer. please contact your system administrator" i have look into the zone settings and cant get this fixed. any help to get this to work would be appriciated. jmilner@iconicnetworks.com <jmilner@iconicnetworks.com> wrote: > i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click > on a link in the email i get a error that says: > "This opperation has been...

Excell 2007 messing up graphics
I have an invoice Excel sheet setup with my company logo on it. For some reason Excel 2007 messes it up during printing. It prints it about 10 times the size. I tried to re create the work sheet and it still will not print the graphic. It show it ok but will not print it. When I go to Print Preview the logo (JPG graphing) is not seen at all. Any Ideas what is going on? ...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010
Hi, I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std. I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes. i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for Exchange 2010. Sbs server will be dismiss. Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ? Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem) Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ? Thank you very much Lorenzo Hi Lorenzo: By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies listed in the various groups and els...

Hierarchical Worksheet Tabs??? New Excel feature?
I do not know if newer versions of Excel than I have have this function, but in working with a budget in Excel, it sure would be a nice feature to be able to "stack" in a hierarchy the worksheet tabs at the bottom, instead of scrolling horizontally for hundreds of feet! In other words, I want to have a Worksheet "Travel Budget" and instead of having each month's in a horizontal tab, I could scroll up and down from a "Master" worksheet to sub-worksheets ties to the master...instead of just adding worksheet after worksheet in an ever growing hard to mana...

excel #18
I have works 6.0 instaled on a xp system but i want to upgrade to excel because i have save document as save type formated text(space delimited)(*prn)and works does not have this format. First, I don't use MSWorks. But if that's the only reason for your upgrade, you might want to try this to see if it works in MSWorks: In excel, you can concatenate a bunch of cells into one cell. You could use the =concatenate() function or the & operator: =a1&b1&c1 will join a1, b1, c1 in one cell. But if you're shooting for .prn file (fixed width), you could see if you have t...

Quit Excel problem
Hi, Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this macro? Its meant to save the spreadsheet (which it does), shut down the worksheet (which it does) and quit excel (which it doesn't!) I wondered whether it had something to do with the worksheet containing the macro shuting before excel executed the quit, but if I take out the ActiveWorksheet.Close, whilst excel closes I get a Dr.Watson application error. Sub Exit_Save() ' ' Exit_Save Macro ' This macro saves the current work and quits the application Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _ FileN...