Excel 2003 - the "X" to exit the application option is greyed out.

Excel 2003 - the "X" to exit the application option is greyed out...you must
use "file / exit" to exit the program.  How does this get turned off and how
do you turn it back on?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
0
msiegert (3)

Are using using Groupwise?

If that's the problem. See this MSKB article

  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199

Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions.

It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove
the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:28:03 -0700, "msiegert"
<msiegert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Excel 2003 - the "X" to exit the application option is greyed out...you must
>use "file / exit" to exit the program.  How does this get turned off and how
>do you turn it back on?
>
>Thanks in advance for your advice!

0
Gord
4/19/2005 8:59:53 PM
No, using Outlook.  Thanks for the idea though.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Are using using Groupwise?
>
> If that's the problem. See this MSKB article
>
>   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199
>
> Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions.
>
> It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove
> the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.
>

> Gord Dibben  Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:28:03 -0700, "msiegert"
> <msiegert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Excel 2003 - the "X" to exit the application option is greyed out...you must
> >use "file / exit" to exit the program.  How does this get turned off and how
> >do you turn it back on?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for your advice!

0
msiegert (3)
4/19/2005 9:24:02 PM
Thanks to you, Gord, for your help - I was curious to see if it might be
integration with another program that might be causing the conflict and sure
enough, we are running a program called Hummingbird DM that was in the
c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\xlstaret\ folder called
DMEXEL02.XLA.  This was the culprit.  Thanks again for your assistance and
knowledge!!!!  You're awesome!  :)

Mariann

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Are using using Groupwise?
>
> If that's the problem. See this MSKB article
>
>   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199
>
> Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions.
>
> It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove
> the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.
>

> Gord Dibben  Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:28:03 -0700, "msiegert"
> <msiegert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Excel 2003 - the "X" to exit the application option is greyed out...you must
> >use "file / exit" to exit the program.  How does this get turned off and how
> >do you turn it back on?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for your advice!

0
msiegert (3)
4/19/2005 10:00:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

We can now add Hummingbird DM to the list.

Gord

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:00:02 -0700, "msiegert"
<msiegert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks to you, Gord, for your help - I was curious to see if it might be
>integration with another program that might be causing the conflict and sure
>enough, we are running a program called Hummingbird DM that was in the
>c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\xlstaret\ folder called
>DMEXEL02.XLA.  This was the culprit.  Thanks again for your assistance and
>knowledge!!!!  You're awesome!  :)
>
>Mariann
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Are using using Groupwise?
>>
>> If that's the problem. See this MSKB article
>>
>>   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199
>>
>> Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions.
>>
>> It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove
>> the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.
>>

>> Gord Dibben  Excel MVP
>>
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:28:03 -0700, "msiegert"
>> <msiegert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Excel 2003 - the "X" to exit the application option is greyed out...you must
>> >use "file / exit" to exit the program.  How does this get turned off and how
>> >do you turn it back on?
>> >
>> >Thanks in advance for your advice!

0
Gord
4/19/2005 10:51:37 PM
Actually, I just remembered a thread from a while ago.

http://snipurl.com/e4b1

Looks like Hummingbird was the problem there also, but OP never posted back a
fix.

Gord

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:51:37 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:

>Thanks for the feedback.
>
>We can now add Hummingbird DM to the list.
>

>Gord
>
>On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:00:02 -0700, "msiegert"
><msiegert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Thanks to you, Gord, for your help - I was curious to see if it might be
>>integration with another program that might be causing the conflict and sure
>>enough, we are running a program called Hummingbird DM that was in the
>>c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\xlstaret\ folder called
>>DMEXEL02.XLA.  This was the culprit.  Thanks again for your assistance and
>>knowledge!!!!  You're awesome!  :)
>>
>>Mariann
>>
>>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>>
>>> Are using using Groupwise?
>>>
>>> If that's the problem. See this MSKB article
>>>
>>>   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199
>>>
>>> Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions.
>>>
>>> It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove
>>> the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.
>>>

>>> Gord Dibben  Excel MVP

0
Gord

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

blank cell instead of x
I need a formula to have a blank cell instead of a "x" eg: result should be: aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao 2 6 3 6 2 5 17 20 15 205 18 6 3 6 2x 5 3 1 5 7 19 12 133 1 5 7x the formula i used is: =IF(AF2>=42,AA2&""&"x",IF(AF2="","",AA2)) on row 3 there are blank cells (null string contains formulas ) when I apply the formu...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...

How do I lock individuals cells within an Excel spreadsheet so th.
i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. Hi first select the cells for which you want to allow entries and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'. Now protect the sheet 'Tools - Protection' "ucastores" wrote: > i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the > spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. ...

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...

about Exchange 2003 sp2
Hi, I upgrade my Exchange 2003 to sp2, and find out a message in application event log: Event id: 1004 Source: Application Error Failed application program: inetinfo.exe This message is with blue color, not red. And until now my Exchange service all work, and information store can mount without any problem. But I still worry about maybe something will happen. So can anyone help me what��s happened? Many thanks for your help! Hi David, What is the full text of the event log message? Also, are the IIS Admin, SMTP and World Wide Web Publishing services running? -- Scott ...

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...