Excel 2003 random number generator

Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 to do some actuarial work. I notice that if a very
large number of random number is generated(say 10000), and the spreadsheet is
run by Macro for a large number of times(say 1000), sometimes, Excel 2003
will generate some negative random numbers, which is nonsense. Some of my
friends told me earlier versions of Excel didn't have that problem. I'm sort
of wondering what is going on with Excel 2003 random number generator and if
Microsoft is going to develop a update to fix this problem.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=43931f92-86d3-4b39-9a18-0f6b2242fc2d&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
0
JJ7759 (95)

Hi

This is a bug. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834520/

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 to do some actuarial work. I notice that if a
very
> large number of random number is generated(say 10000), and the spreadsheet
is
> run by Macro for a large number of times(say 1000), sometimes, Excel 2003
> will generate some negative random numbers, which is nonsense. Some of my
> friends told me earlier versions of Excel didn't have that problem. I'm
sort
> of wondering what is going on with Excel 2003 random number generator and
if
> Microsoft is going to develop a update to fix this problem.
>
> ----------------
this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=43931f92-86d3-4b39-9a18-0f6b2242fc2d&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc

0
stf (176)

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Excel VBA