eXceL 2003 - list or combo box question

I'm trying to incorporate either a list box or a combo box into a spreadsheet.
(My source is How to Programmatically Insert Data from a List Box into the
Active Cell at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3BQ213363 )
One of the instructions is to right click on the list box and go to the
Format Control menu. The problem I have at this point is that there is no
"Control" tab in the dialog box. Is that because the instructions are for
Excel 2000 and I'm working in Excel 2003 where the control is no longer
handled the same way?

Are you using the listbox control from the Forms command bar or
the Controls command bar. Despite the same name, the controls are
quiet different.

"David Gerstman" <dhgerstman@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to incorporate either a list box or a combo box into
> a spreadsheet.
> (My source is How to Programmatically Insert Data from a List
> Box into the
> Active Cell at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3BQ213363 )
> One of the instructions is to right click on the list box and
> go to the
> Format Control menu. The problem I have at this point is that
> there is no
> "Control" tab in the dialog box. Is that because the
> instructions are for
> Excel 2000 and I'm working in Excel 2003 where the control is
> no longer
> handled the same way?

0
chip1 (1821)
5/20/2005 6:33:27 PM
Thank you very much chip.
I see I still have quite a bit to learn. I also hope that I remember this
bit of info.
David

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

> Are you using the listbox control from the Forms command bar or
> the Controls command bar. Despite the same name, the controls are
> quiet different.
>

> "David Gerstman" <dhgerstman@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to incorporate either a list box or a combo box into
> > a spreadsheet.
> > (My source is How to Programmatically Insert Data from a List
> > Box into the
> > Active Cell at
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3BQ213363 )
> > One of the instructions is to right click on the list box and
> > go to the
> > Format Control menu. The problem I have at this point is that
> > there is no
> > "Control" tab in the dialog box. Is that because the
> > instructions are for
> > Excel 2000 and I'm working in Excel 2003 where the control is
> > no longer
> > handled the same way?

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

OWA 2003 prompting to install office?
Hello, We have a single server environment: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, OWA 2003. Some users are having problems using OWA. When trying to compose a new message, or forward a received message, they are prompted to install some missing feature of Outlook 2000 (DATA1.MSI).. Any idea what is causing this?! Thanks, Troy Hi Troy, Take a look at.. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/i_hope_youve_ ha.html "Have you wondered why, when you first use OWA 2000 and 2003, and click the New Message icon to create a new message, the Office Installer is fired-up and you're p...

Question -Problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

how to find an item in a list control?

question on os authenticity
I purchased a laptop with Windows 2000 preinstalled from a dealer who claims to be a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher. There was no COA attached to the body of the computer and he claims that he was not required to because he owns the license to it, not me. Is this correct? -- julesrh77 Good question but not for this community. You need to post your question in a Windows community. But, I think he's wrong and you should call Microsoft directly to ask them. You can find their phone number by going to www.microsoft.com. -- Charles Allen, MVP "julesrh77" wrote: > ...

contact list #13

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit