Excel 2002 is scrolling to the very bottom of my spreadsheet

When I open Excel 2002 my spreadsheets are scrolling to the bottom by itself.
If I move it back to the begining it scrolls back to the end. What is going
on?
0
Dennis (299)

Perhaps Speech Recognition is turned on. It can cause some strange
behaviour.

Choose Tools>Speech>Speech Recognition
     (if it had a check mark, it was turned on)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

HELP: Need macro for excel to get data from server database and use results to populate an Access Database
Hi all, Is there a quick way to do a query on an SQL Server database and have the output put direct into an Access Database? I know how to do it by grabbing the records and then inserting each result one by one, but this takes forever to complete and I am after a quick solution, if it exists. Is anybody able to assist ? is it possible? Thanks in advance for any help! Regards Clint you could link to the SQL Server table(s) from Access, write a SELECT query to pull the records you want, and then turn the query into either an Append query to add the data to a native table in the Acces...

Excell spread sheet: reinstate number of rows to 50
In my excell spread sheet, I need to find out how to reinstate a specific number of rows. It is an address spread sheet with approx 40-50 rows. As it stands now I cannot get to the bottom of the number of rows, and so cannot access the tabs at the bottom of the spread sheet that say Sheet 2, Sheet 3 etc, where a lot of other info is stored. Some guesses at your predicaments, & tinkers to try: 1. Click Window > Unfreeze pane (panes may be frozen?) 2. Click Tools > Options > View tab > Check "Sheet tabs" > OK (sheet tabs at bottom cannot be seen?) 3. Select the...

Unable to see custom Ad-Ins ribbon tab in Excel 2007 + Windows 7
Worked fine in Excel 2007 on XP. This ad in file just links to several frequently used macros. It has been enabled via Excel Options/Ad-Ins, the location of the .xla file is trusted and I get no errors when it is opened. Macro security is set to notify and disable, but I do not get that message when opening the .xla. Is there some setting I am missing when dealing with Windows 7 and macros / VB? ...

excel vs. word which is better
ineed a comparision between word and excel Word is a word processor, XL is a spreadsheet. Word is better for word processing tasks, XL is better for spreadsheet tasks. There's some, but not much, overlap in their capabilities. What are you trying to do? In article <4A6DBC18-08D3-45D4-BF74-292E1F8D4CDD@microsoft.com>, "linda raye" <linda raye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ineed a comparision between word and excel A question like "Which is better?" depends upon what you are trying to do. Both are very useful tools for very different tasks...

Gradients/fill effects in PUB 2002
I received a Pub 2000 file from a customer that had a gradient fill effect of a star. when opened in Pub 2002 it converts to a regular gradient and there are no features for shapes, only vert., horizontal., diamond, roound, etc. Is there any way to maintiain the original settings of the document and how so? Thanks.... Sean, Microsoft Publisher 2002 introduced a new file format, so some formatting can be lost. Have them convert the object to a graphic. Ask them to select the object, then go to Edit > Copy, Then go to Edit > Paste Special > As Picture. Then have them resave. ...

Excel Programming Help...........
I have written an excel spreadsheet. There are six columns which signify the days of the week on one worksheet. I have an allotment to use per week. Sometimes my weeks are made up of 6 days, sometimes 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1. I have successfully written the program to spread the allotment among the correct number of days. Sometimes the day itself varies. Example, Sat, Mon, Tue or Sat, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri or Wed, Thur, Fri. I have included these calculations as well. And the allotment is equally split among the days. Now I wish to be able to assign variable percents to each day, so that...

Antivirus for Macros in Excel 97
First time here. Sorry if this has been covered or is in a FAQ but I searched and didn't find the answer. I have Excel 97 and want to know the easiest (read: automatic?) way to check macros for viruses. It's some examples I've downloaded from sites that I can probably trust but..you never know. I have avast! scanner (free version). I suppose if you download the file in XLS format it would check it? But most come in ZIP files. Do I have to manually run the unzipped macro through the scanner to check for viruses or is there a way to tell Excel (or the scanner) when I open a f...

Excel open file name
When I open a file named 'Myname' in Excel (2000 & 97) File/Open... the file is normaly opened with the same name. But when I open this (or any other) .xls file by double clicking it the file opens with name 'Myname1'. This is happening after reinstalation of Office 2000 (all upgrades instaled). I reinstaled Office 2000 prof. because of unknown problem with Excel 2000 (err. message was 'The system is dangerously low in resources!'- and PC hung. All the other Office and other appl. worked fine). System is Win'98SE with 512MB (RAM is checked & OK). Can anybody...

Footer Settings in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I am setting up the footer to an Excel page through VBA Script but sometime, the left footer is not starting from the extreme left (i.e., it leaves some spaces and seems like started from the column B). The following script used to set up the footer. Range("A3:M101").Select With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = analyst .CenterFooter = filename .RightFooter = mydate .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints (0.236220472440945)...

Linking Visio chart with excel database?
I have created an organizational chart in visio 2003 and am now attempting to link it back to the excel document. I tried using both the database wizard and the link to database under visio extras, but no success. I cannot even get all the way through the wizard. It will not allow me to define a table to link the document to, and says that the connection has failed. Do i need the ODBC tool? Is excel compliant? Please help! Hi Devin, If you start with Visio's Org Chart Wizard template, there's a wizard that helps you to link various database types to an actual Org Chart featu...

iODBC driver basics w/Excel 2008 and MySQL 5.x
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed the most recent iODBC driver (iodbc-sdk-3.52.7-macosx-10.5.dmg) and rebooted. I'm trying to do some simple &quot;Get External Data&quot; queries from a MySQL 5.x server. I've tested every component of my system and I think I've isolated that Excel itself is broken somehow. <br><br>My MySQL connection works via the &quot;iODBC Demo&quot; window with the user/pass I intend. I've tried running a test query in that window and it works fine. I've setup a &am...

Acrobat to Excel
i convert excel into acrobat, now i want to get back excel file, is there anyway i can do it? I hope you are not a believer in "round tripping" where everything should look the same as you convert it through one Office application to another and back to the original place. Converting to Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) is one way to make sure that the receiver only has the printed page, and not the formulas or anything special from in the spreadsheet. To convert the PDF file to Excel, the best way would be to have the full Adobe Acrobat package (not the reader) which is rather pricey f...

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

Does anyone know to 2 enter this equation in2 Excel 2000?
Hi, I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out in entering this mathematical equation into Microsoft Excecl 2000: y = e^x - 3x^2 All help is grately appriciated, Thankx ...

Interesting Web blog on Excel charting obsessions
From http://www.dashes.com/anil/2004/04/22/excel_pile "Excel Pile" "Most of the people I know are geeks, and some large number of geeks are obsessive to one degree or another. (This can be verified by anyone who's ever mumbled "Asperger's..." under their breath while watching me arrange my Windows desktop.) "Perhaps the ultimate example of this sort of dorkiness is the fact that almost every one of my friends has, at one point or another, made at least one Excel spreadsheet to document some arcane aspect of their lives. The number of consecutive sunny d...

how can i make paragraphs in side one cell in Excell?
Hi press ALT & ENTER when you want a new line Cheers JulieD "ashraf" <ashraf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E508A2C8-CC79-4107-93EE-5D607A53E8BA@microsoft.com... > or, format cell / alignment / wrap text ...

Word & Excel
Hi, I would like to link Excel cells to fields in Word. I have Word documents that use fields and I would like to have an excel file automatically grab the value of those fields. Thanks for your help I believe the way to do this is by copying the range in Excel and then go to your Word Document, at the top menu select Edit=>Paste Special In the Paste Special window, select Paste Link, then select Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object. Changes in the excel range should change in the Word Document Thanks for the response, but I want to go the other way. First, write up the Word d...

merge function from one spreadsheet to another
I have a spreadsheet with names and addresses and another spreadsheet that has to be sent to customers asking for various pieces of information. I need to merge the address spreadsheet with the 2nd spreadsheet in order to produce a copy for each customer. Is there a function in Excel where I can do this? I've done merges with Word and Excel many times but never using Excel as both the datasource and end product. I'm using Excel 2003. Thank you, Pat Pat, Do you want an electronic copy, or a physical copy (a printout)? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Pat" <pscaccetti@gmail.co...

Macros making my spreadsheets too large
After using macros, I have noticed that some very small files (20-30kb) are now 2-3MB! There is very little data in my spreadsheet, so I am assuming that it has something to do with the Macros. Is there any way to compress my spreadsheet, or some other way to fix this? ZAPPER Most common reason for workbook bloat is that Excel thinks the "used range" in sheets is larger than it has to be and what you think it is. Select a sheet and do a CRTL + END to see what Excel thinks is end of data range. Could be your macros are making the "used range" on the sheets much larger ...

Open User Form with spreadsheet
Can someone help me out with this? I need a User form to open wen i open a spreadsheet. Does anyone know how to do this? Also I need to hide the spreadsheet such that only the user form open when try to open the spreadsheet. Thanks Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() UserForm1.Show End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard 'code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select 'the View Code option from the menu, and paste the code in. -- _________________________________...

Spell Checkers Language Option in Excel
I somehow changed the language to Spanish in my Spell Checker options. I do not have this feature downloaded onto my comoputer adn it keeps asking for my Microsoft 2000 Premium disk which i do not have. It will not open spell checker at all now. Is there any other way to change the Dictionary back to English??? Hi Nicole, To the Excel shows the spelling dialog box, type an weird word, for example abvboos, and press F7. On spelling dialog box go Dictionary language combobox and select English. HTH --- Orlando Magalh´┐Żes Filho (So that you get best and rapid solution and all may ben...

New free mail add-in for Excel/Outlook 2007-2010
Posted to more then one newsgroup FYI Today I upload a new version of my Excel Mail add-in for Outlook. If you want to test it you can find it here http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Let me know if you have problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Re: MS Outlook XP (2002) Message Rules Problem(s)
frustrating problem. been tackling it for days. problem: when i create a rule, or more than one, to autorespond with a specifi template (regardless of whether the rules does other things or not, i it contains an autoresponse, this problem occurs) the FIRST incomin email that matches the criteria gets a response and NO others. why this is a problem: IF, for example, i had a autoR setup to send a pic of my God daughte to everyone that messages with the subject line: send me a pic of her ONLY the first person to send an email will get their email. also, IF i had another one setup w/ the cri...

Update a spreadsheet with new information.
My problem deals with data. I obtain data from my company database and copy the information onto Excel spreadsheet. There are about 6 columns with the last column being labeled the "Notes" column because that's where I track and leave notes on how things are going with each item. The PROBLEM is that our database is constantly being updated with new information. Thus I am forced to either create an entirely new spreadsheet and sit there re-entering my "Notes" information for each item OR to go through my original spreadsheet and compare it to the new one to find ...

Creating a Multiple Warehouse Inventory Spreadsheets
I need help creating a Inventory control spreadsheet with multiple warehouses. I need to be able to link them together. How or if can this be done What kind of information do you need on each and what info do you need on a linked spreadsheet? "Alice" <Alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F9452B9-65F5-47E3-B1D2-AB0597C9F161@microsoft.com... >I need help creating a Inventory control spreadsheet with multiple > warehouses. I need to be able to link them together. How or if can this > be > done Anything's possible. If I was designi...