excel 2002 - copying formulas to another worksheet

I am trying to copy a worksheet (sheet2) to a new worksheet (sheet3) all
within the same file, but when I do the copy, not all of the formulas
changed.  The formulas that did not change all reference a sheet number.

This is an example of one of my formulas under sheet2: =+Sheet1!B3+1.

When I copy this to the new worksheet (sheet3), I want it to be:
=+Sheet2!b3+1, but the formula will not change.

Any ideas on how I can have the sheet number change automaticly?
0
Greg7423 (349)

Greg wrote:
> I am trying to copy a worksheet (sheet2) to a new worksheet (sheet3) all
> within the same file, but when I do the copy, not all of the formulas
> changed.  The formulas that did not change all reference a sheet number.
>
> This is an example of one of my formulas under sheet2: =+Sheet1!B3+1.
>
> When I copy this to the new worksheet (sheet3), I want it to be:
> =+Sheet2!b3+1, but the formula will not change.
>
> Any ideas on how I can have the sheet number change automaticly?
easiest way is to do a Find and Replace in worksheet 3. Replace Sheet1
with Sheet2

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(3 weeks and

http://tinyurl.com/4ftky

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Greg" wrote:

> I am trying to copy a worksheet (sheet2) to a new worksheet (sheet3) all
> within the same file, but when I do the copy, not all of the formulas
> changed.  The formulas that did not change all reference a sheet number.
>
> This is an example of one of my formulas under sheet2: =+Sheet1!B3+1.
>
> When I copy this to the new worksheet (sheet3), I want it to be:
> =+Sheet2!b3+1, but the formula will not change.
>
> Any ideas on how I can have the sheet number change automaticly?
0
PeoSjoblom (789)

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Count If Formula #4

Math Worksheet Database
I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate (K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope not to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for any assistance. ...

learning Excel #3

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Formula for cross tab data filling

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...