Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard

I came across the following problem:

I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the
clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then
I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a
'S' became a '0' (number zero).

Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S'
that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'.
This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an
'S'.

Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard as 'Biff3',
'SYLK', 'unicode text'. Biff3 and SYLK convert 'S' to '0', unicode
text and text paste the 'S' correctly but they loose the tabular
structure by inserting the whole clipboard into a single cell.

The problem does not occur with Excel 97.

Has anyone got a solution for this?

Thank you  Pablo
0
psanchez (1)

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

What's the rootname appearing in System Manager
Hello, I am looking at a SBS server in a domain called "whatever.nl", with a computername "win2003". When I open the System Manager, the top element is called "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is this a default name, or something chosen during installation of Exchange? Also, when I open Server Management, under advanced management there's a node for the Exchange System Manager, however the name is "First Organization (Exchange)". When I highlight it, the name changes to "MAILSERVER (Exchange)". Is that normal? -M Hi, the name of the to...

What's going on with Plus?
I just installed MS Money Plus from Money 2006 and found these issues: 1. In Portfolio view, the Total Portfolio Value line that used to show the totals for the 3 columns I'm displaying are now all the same value and appear to be Today's Change. How do I change them to reflect the totals for the 3 columns (in my case, Total Change, Cost Basis and Market Value)? 2. Review Portfolio shows me a blank screen. I have 17.0.125.1415 running on XP Sp2. Tony In microsoft.public.money, TonyK wrote: >I just installed MS Money Plus from Money 2006 and found these issues: > >...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Excel VBA

Retail Hero's RMS Addons Catalog
Many have asked, so we thought we'd put the catalog into a public place. Download from www.RMSExperts.com or http://www.retailhero.com/Pictures/Retail_Hero's_RMS_Add-in_Catalog.pdf ...