Excel 2002 - Automatic date change to wrong month

I have a user using Excel 2002 on windows. Just this month whenever she
enters a date formatted for any day in 2004 it automatically changes
the month to the day.

We've checked the cell format and even tried to change it to a
different format and it still occurs. (ie 01/04/2004 to 1/4/2004). The
vesion of excel is Excel 2002 (10.3506.3501) SP-1. I searched the
Microsoft site for an upgrade but there wasn't another SP version
listed for Excel 2002.

Any one else come across this problem?

Thank you!
Rebecca
http://www.geekmom.net/downline

---

What is the problem? 01/04/2004 is exactly equal to
1/4/2004. The month and day are not switched.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/16/2004 6:31:10 PM
We installed the SP-2 of Office XP and it still occurs.

The problem is with days that have a month equivilant ie

MM/DD/YY

01/10/04

turns into

10/01/04

but the cell format is

MM/DD/YY in US English.

Any ideas please let me know. Thanks :-

I think there's a mismatch between the way you're typing the date and the way
windows expects it.

Close excel and try this
(take note of existing settings if you want to change it back):

Windows start button
settings|control panel|regional settings applet
Date Tab

Change your short date format to the way you want to enter the data:
(I like mm/dd/yyyy.  I think you may have a format in dmy order.)

Start excel and test it out.

"geekmom <" wrote:

> We installed the SP-2 of Office XP and it still occurs.
>
> The problem is with days that have a month equivilant ie
>
> MM/DD/YY
>
> 01/10/04
>
> turns into
>
> 10/01/04
>
> but the cell format is
>
> MM/DD/YY in US English.
>
> Any ideas please let me know. Thanks :-)
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Changing true and false
How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can enter WON or LOST? "Andrew Gill" wrote... >How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can >enter WON or LOST? If you mean is there sume way to use WON and LOST as tokens in formulas just like TRUE and FALSE, then define them as names, WON referring to =TRUE and LOST referring to =FALSE. If you mean something else, details would help, like a sample formula. Don't depend on others to be able to read your mind. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. I don't ...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Change position ID in HR

learning Excel #3

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

Excel VBA

Business Portal Development