Excel 2000- protect one column- can only be modified by one person

I need to lock one column that can only be modified by one person. Can this
be done?

Joe

0
joec (26)

There's nothing in Excel 2000 to set user range permissions.  That feature
was added in Excel 2002. fyi.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"lunker55" <joec@shipwaystairs.com> wrote in message
| I need to lock one column that can only be modified by one person. Can
this
| be done?
|
| Joe

0
jrrech (1932)
3/3/2004 10:01:07 PM
Thanks Jim

"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There's nothing in Excel 2000 to set user range permissions.  That feature
> was added in Excel 2002. fyi.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "lunker55" <joec@shipwaystairs.com> wrote in message
> | I need to lock one column that can only be modified by one person. Can
> this
> | be done?
> |
> | Joe

0
joec (26)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

password protection paramenters
Hello, I want to be able to unprotect my sheet, add a wordart graphi and reprotect my sheet. The problem I am having is when I do this wit code the file is protected with the default parameters selected. I wan to be able to enable wordart so I can insert a wordart object and the protect the sheet again. I want to get around the user being able to just delect the added wor art. When protected I would like the following parameters to be set: Allow users to select locked cells select Unlocked cells format cells format rows Its the "edit objects" parameter that needs to be enabled fo...

More Columns #2

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

learning Excel #3

Control End After the Sheet is Modified
Hi, I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data? End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data. Thanks for looking. Paul You should use <Home> <End> Kassie "Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. > If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of > the data. Is...

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Excel VBA