Excel 2000 - Opens Unnecessary Blank file

Hi,

Whenever I double-click on an existing .xls file, the file
opens and additionally it also opens a new file book1.xls.
How do I stop the unnecessary blank file from opening.

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi!
To open without a blank workbook you need to change the target string
for opening to something like:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office2000\Office\EXCEL.EXE" /e

Right click on the icon that starts Excel and add the space plus /e

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
> Hi,
>
> Whenever I double-click on an existing .xls file, the file
> opens and additionally it also opens a new file book1.xls.
> How do I stop the unnecessary blank file from opening.

0
njharker (1646)
12/29/2003 5:44:06 PM
Another possibility is that you have a Book1.xls workbook
sitting in your xlstart directory.

Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/XLStart

John

> Hi,
>
> Whenever I double-click on an existing .xls file, the file
> opens and additionally it also opens a new file book1.xls.
> How do I stop the unnecessary blank file from opening.

0
jwilson (359)