Excel 2000 macro security Level

Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce
spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening
spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i
hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t
Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t
open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no
containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But
put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An
help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and best regards,
Timoth

I don't know anything about ASP.NET, but can you make excel visible when you're
debugging your code?

Maybe you can see a dialog box that needs to be dismissed before continuing.

"timothym <" wrote:

> Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Excel
> spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening a
> spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, it
> hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go to
> Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try to
> open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet not
> containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But I
> put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! Any
> help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Timothy
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

excel documents won't open from my documents folder
I want to open excel documents from the my documents folder (microsoft xp) but only pull up the excel template screen. If I open excel documents from excel launch screen all is fine. Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. Paul1961 wrote: > > I want to open excel documents from the my documents folder (microsof...

sending e-mails with macros
I want to send e-mails automatically with Excel's (or Outlook's) macro, but Outlook asks me each time before sending the e-mail whether I want to allow the program to send the e-mail on my behalf. How can I skip this security procedure, so that no human interaction is required? ...

Ho do i calculate frequency in excel?
When i write the freq Please give an example of your data, the formula you are using now, the result it gives, and the result you want. On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:14:02 -0800, HERMES <HERMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When i write the freq ...

Excel Charts #2
My problem is that I have a chart that I am creating a chart of tota sales for new molds and products for our sales engineering guy for eac year 99 to current. No problem, right? Wrong! He wants each bar t be broken down in to top customers to show where the sales came from. I have never done this - how do I accomplish two graphs in one ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com What kind of a chart do you want? What would be on the x-axis? The y- axis? How are ...

Out Look 2000
When I click on the outlook icon I am receiving the following error message: Unable to open default e-mail folders. The DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Any ideas on how to fix this problem. Thanks ...

create a query to output to Excel
tblRouter:RouterName tblUtilization:routerName, weekending date, utilization % What I want to do is output the routername, and weekending date columns to Excel. I just want to create a table so i can export it to Excel. like this: RouterName, 8/25, 9/1, 9/7 UBRa 50%, 60%, 75% UBRb 25%, 30%, 35% UBRc 89%, 90%, 95% I don't know how to write the query from the two tables above so I can get exactly this output? I only need to export the last 6 weeks. The dates aren't always exactly 7 days apart. please help. tia, "Janis" wrot...

Security issue GP 10
We upgraded to GP10 this weekend from GP9. I am having trouble getting security to work for a couple of payroll items: Inquiry payroll - check history Payroll reports - Groups - Employee list, Reprint Journals, Setup, Perod End, Qtr End, Cross Company Any help would be appreciated - we can't open the system until we get this figured out. On Aug 25, 7:52 am, Deb Crabaugh <DebCraba...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We upgraded to GP10 this weekend from GP9. I am having trouble getting > security to work for a couple of payroll items: > Inquiry payroll - check his...

Windows NT Integrated Security
I have an Access ADP project which uses "Windows NT Integrated Security" to connect to the SQL server. On occasion, me or some of my users may be logged on to Windows with an account that does not have access to the SQL database. Can I add code to Access that will prompt me for another set of Windows credentials to logon to the database ? thanks Not as far as I'm aware. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "chuck" <chuck@no.where> wrote in message news:f75hj8$i53$1@nrc-news.nrc.ca... >I have an...

Security group to use SMTP server
Hello, i would like top create a SMTP server that only could be use by a security group in active directory (Windows server 2003) ... very simple question ... Thanks for answering me fast.. Explain "SMTP server". If you mean which MAPI users can send mail through an SMTP Connector, please see this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;277872 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "me" <me@me.me> wrote in message news:ueGQnHtvFHA.2880@TK2MSF...

New to Excel
Hi everyone, Basically I am new to Excell and I wanna create some excel document to keep my self organised. I had two questions. My frist questions was I whated to create multipl cell within one main cell. So say if i have Cell A call it Price, belo that i needed multiple cells can someone help me how to do that. and my second question was how to insert a picture in a cell. Thank very much regards, k2ka -- k2ka ----------------------------------------------------------------------- k2ka4's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1630 View this thread: ...

When forwarding attachments in Outlook 2000, Outlook shuts down.
Sys Admin for a number of systems here. Some users are experiencing a problem when forwarding attachments in Outlook 2000. When they select a message that has a current attachment on it, and select to forward that message, the new window will open with the forwarded message info and attachment ready to go. Once you click the "SEND" button on this new email created from the forward, it closes down Microsoft Outlook, reports an error, and asks if you wish to send an error report to Microsoft (which we always do). This is running on both Windows 2000 and Windows...

Using GIF image as macro button
I have a animated GIF that I want to place on the spreadsheet as m macro button, is thios possible. Currently I can get the image on the spreadsheet with a macro attache but the image is a picture and so not animated. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How to backup and Restore Microsoft Exchange 2000 Standard?
Hello Microsoft Exchange gurus! I am currtently working through the company's disaster recovery plan and finding that many components of it are fatally flawed. What a surprise, eh? I'm now to the point where I can't continue, and after weeks of searching I am unable to find sufficient technical information to implement a solution. I am working through the DR scenario I've re-titled as "Full Microsoft Exchange Restore". In this scenario, for whatever reason, the existing Microsoft Exchange Server is no longer available. Maybe through a flood, maybe it was a fire, per...

newbie needs help - ACCESS - Word
Is it possible to import into a Word Table or Excel spreadsheet x number of records so that you could have on a page, like four photos across and several lines text fields underneath and then repeat the whole thing again, for a total of eight records on a given page? ...

Slow performance after converting from 97 to 2000
I have an access 97 database (with a front end db linked to a back end db). As we have numerous Access 2000 users who use it I decided to create a copy of the front end and convert it to Access 2000. The conversion went fine, but its performance is appalling. It can take minutes for a form to open etc. Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Paul, Have a look at the following in Tony Toews' site, it's been a great help for me. http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm HTH, Nikos "Paul W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10fe30...

Opening a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 2002
I am desperately trying to open a previously saved Publisher 2000 website document in Publisher 2002 but every time I try to opn it, Publisher program goes into safe mode and the document will not open......can someone please help me!! Is there an error message? How large is the document? If you want you can send it my way and I will try to open it. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flying High" <Flying High@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A532EF99-...

extract photo from excel spreadsheet ?
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple photos. How can I copy one photo and save it as a jpg file? I use version 2003. The following is what I did previously. Highlight the cells in Excel. Hold down the Shift key and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. Make my choices in the Copy Picture window. Click OK. Then I paste the picture/photo on to a PowerPoint slide and save it as = ..JPG. I only save one slide and it goes to My Documents folder. Do you have PowerPoint available? Other software should be fine. Hope this helps. Epinn "Duke99" <Duke99@discussions.m...

Has Exchange 5.5 been approved to run on Windows 2000 SP4?
I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere. I cant say one way or another if there is any "certification" for it, but I can say that I use it and it works fine. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "aegonjv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3620196B-D476-4C69-8C90-EA30BE9A940C@microsoft.com... > I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere. Works for me fine.. "aegonjv" <...

Excel basic chart data layout
I=92ve just been upgraded to Office 2007 and trying to get data were I want in a basic chart is surprisingly difficult. I have a table with three columns; Potential Hazards, Severity and Probability I want a column chart with Probability in the X axis, Severity in the Y axis and the corresponding Potential Hazards in the legend. I could use some basic direction as to how to accomplish this. Thanks Robert Hi, Can we assume the problem you are having is the chart contains 3 series rather than 2. With the first series being the information you require as the horizontal axis...

outlook express dbx file into outlook 2000
A coworker was having problems with Outlook Express 6 - probably because of the thousands of e-mails he had stored in the program. Last week we installed Outlook 2000 on his machine and imported all of his messages and address book. Come to find out he had some other Outlook Express DBX files in a safe place on the server. The emails in these DBX files were not imported into Outlook. I haven't yet figured out how to do so and could use a little bit of guidance. Thanks! Scott Open Outlook Express and create a new folder called Restore. Right click on Restore and select properties to...

counting dates in Excel
I need Excel to take our "call dates" and project 120 days from that call date into another cell For example If my "call date" is on 04/09/04 I need Excel to calculate 120 days from this date Try this formula: =VALUE(Call Date)+120 Make sure on the cell you enter this formula into you set the cell format to date. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

accessing an excel sheet from multiple other workbooks.
I have an excel sheet calculating cost for various parts. There are many versions of this sheet (different one for each part number). I want all of these sheets to pull some common parameters from one master sheet. This way when these parameters need changed, it must only be done one time. Then all other sheets can be updated. The problem I'm having is that all these excel files while all in the same common folder, are also divided up in subfolders. Is there generic method I can use so they will find the file to import from regardless of whether the master file is in the same folder, a...

how to sort tabs in Excel 2007
Do I have to use still macros to sort tabs or there is somewhere a function to do that? Yes, No. Mike wrote: > Do I have to use still macros to sort tabs or there is somewhere a function > to do that? ...

How do I activate sort in Excel? #3
I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot select it. How do I activate the sort function again. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!! The only time I have ever seen the A-Z or Z-A buttons dimmed is when editing cell content. Make sure the word 'Ready' appears at the left end of the Status Bar, and not the word 'Enter' or 'Edit'. If this doesn't help, please post back with more specific detail including version. LOL |:>) "marygries@passport.com" w...

Why does my calculation option in Excel keep changing to manual?
Under Tools->Options->Calculation the option for "manual" keeps being reverted to, even though I never change it. Excel takes it's calculation state from the first workbook you open after launching an Excel session. It may be that your personal.xls, or a timesheet file you use every day that launches automatically has been saved whilst in manual mode. Find and fix. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 --------------------------------------------------------------------------...