Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash

This is occurring on only one machine on a network!

After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location
for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation
of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program
dialog). On other machines there is no problem.

Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the
installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation,
rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour.
Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel.

We are a Win98 site with NT4 server.

Appreciate any ideas anyone can offer.

Terry Murphy
0
terry852 (1)

Are you saying that it crashes on the "File->New" (as your subject says)
or when the template is selected "After saving..."?

--
Regards;
Rob
"Terry Murphy" <terry@isemdgp.org.au> wrote in message
> This is occurring on only one machine on a network!
>
> After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location
> for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation
> of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program
> dialog). On other machines there is no problem.
>
> Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the
> installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation,
> rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour.
> Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel.
>
> We are a Win98 site with NT4 server.
>
> Appreciate any ideas anyone can offer.
>
> Terry Murphy

0
NotLikely (282)

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E
Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this? CodyE wrote: > Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in > awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the > blue screen with that error code on it. it ...

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Linking files 2 ways

find action on log file

Using Relative path for XML data file?