excel 2000 doc looks for pages in the local drive b4 opening

My Excel doc is looking for pages of the doc in my local drive b4 opening. I have hit cancel for every page it does not find and then it opens. Other excel docs open with no prob. Doc in question was created by someone else. Any suggestions please?
0
abdult3 (1)

I'm guessing you have links to workbooks on your local drive that can't be
found.

You're job will be to figure out if you can destroy the links or if you should
find the real location and use that.

There's an option in Tools|Options|Edit tab that allows you to be prompted if
excel should go off and try to update the links (check the "ask to update
automatic links" box).

Then the next time you open the workbook, you'll be prompted.  Answer no (to
save clicking time) and then you can use:

Edit|Links
to change them.

In fact, sometimes these links are difficult to find.  I'd use Bill Manville's
findlink.zip from:
http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm
for the really buried ones.

But it's my guess, that you should answer "No" so the links aren't updated.  I
bet the developer of the workbook kept the links by mistake and wants you to use
the current values.

Check with that person to make sure.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Problem automating page in IE 8
Hi, I am using the following code to open a page to sign in to MyMsn and it does not work in the same way as other secure sites do. I don't know if Microsoft does something different(big grin here), but the code, which I believe I got from Karl Peterson, shows 22 objects on the document, but does not print anything for the obj type, obj name or obj value. Passing the document to a timer to run HTML links does not show the sign in boxes at all either. Is there another way to see the items on this page and pass the email address and password to them? Code: Private Su...

Looking for Excel Help

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

New to excel

owa cant open ppt attachments

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

learning Excel #3

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Disk drive order
Hello, How to make my disk driver appear as C: (Its a virtual boot drive) and enumerate the other disk accordingly? The physical disk is always enumerate first, and windows think he is C: Thanks Guilherme You are out of luck, physical devices are always enumerated first. This has been true since Windows 2000. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr Remove StopSpam to reply "Guilherme Moro" <guilherme.moro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7f0...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007