Excel 2000 - Data Validation/Dynamic range drop down menu problem

Hi!

*First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an
data validation.

*Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro
down menu will add the option to its list.

*Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th
validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin
it into the dynamic range?

*Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated
weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t
make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update
occur.

TIA

- Denni

I'd suggest giving the user an option to click a command
button that creates an input box. The user adds data to
this input box, and this data will be appended to the
bottom of the current source list for the validation. For
more info on using Input Boxes:

XL2000: How to Use Input Boxes with Visual Basic for
Applications

us;213614

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

and my drop
>down menu will add the option to its list.
>
>*Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data
into the
>validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the
user adding
>it into the dynamic range?
>
>*Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a
system is updated:
>weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it,
so i want to
>make it so they can indicate their own time on how often
those updates
>occur.
>
>TIA
>
>- Dennis
>

>---
>
>.

0
jason.morin (561)
4/8/2004 8:41:48 PM
There's a sample file here that automatically adds new items to the
source list:

under Data Validation, look for 'Update Validation List'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
4/8/2004 11:00:41 PM
thanks debra for the example file...

im not really a VB guru... a few questions:

If Target.Column = 3 And Target.Row > 1 Then

does the above mean *column C* and any row greater than 1?

because i tried the code and its still restricting..

Yes,

Target.Column = 3 And Target.Row > 1

means column C, any row greater than 1.

What restrictions are you seeing? Have you removed the check mark from
the box on the Error Alert tab in the Data Validation dialog box?

denmatic < wrote:
> thanks debra for the example file...
>
> im not really a VB guru... a few questions:
>
> If Target.Column = 3 And Target.Row > 1 Then
>
> does the above mean *column C* and any row greater than 1?
>
> because i tried the code and its still restricting...

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
4/9/2004 7:18:00 PM
lol... its always the small things that get in the way... thanks debra

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

message delivery problems

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Having problem with spoofing email

data sort

Problem with Range