Excel 2000, Close, Maximise, Minimize buttons disappeared

The Close, Maximise, Minimize buttons disappeared.
This happened on only one workbook. Other workbooks have
no problem.
How do I make them reappear ?
Is this something to do with the fact that the original
file was in Excel 4 format ?

Thanks
Ben
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you writing about the workbook's close, max, min buttons or the
application's?

If it's the workbooks, have you tried:
Window|arrange|Tiled and then resize
(maybe they're just off the visible screen)

If it's the application, can you right click on the excel button on the windows
taskbar and choose maximize?

It, too, could be off the visible screen.

(If the application is a window, you can choose Move.  Then use the arrow keys
to show the title bar.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks for the response. I evidently should have been
more specific. The full width of the worksheet is
visible, e.g. the blue bar running across the top of the
worksheet is fully visible, but the three buttons
normally on the right hand side of the blue bar (Close,
Maximize, Minimize) are missing.
I had problems with this file being corrupt, but that was
solved. The buttons went missing sometime after the
corrupt file problem was resolved.
Hope it's clearer now.

Ben

0
anonymous (74722)
4/6/2004 1:11:18 PM
It sounds like the workbook is protected.

Tools|Protection|
If you see Unprotect workbook, click on that.  You may need a password.

There's an option under tools|protection|protect workbook that allows the
Windows of the workbook not to be resized.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Importing into Excel from a Text file
We have a text database of about 7,000 rings. It is in a fixed format. Unfortunately some where we have about 4 or five rings whose format is screwed up. We figured by importing to Excel, we should be able to find where the records are to fix them. But, we just can't get the following format to import into excel. If anyone can help us, we sure would appreciate it! Thank you Greg Gates www.ringdesigner.com Each record begins with Begin Product Each record endswith EndProduct a semicolin seperates each record Also there are para symbols at the end of every line Herer are a...

hyperlink to existing excel file
When I create a hyperlink to an existing excel file and then click on it, explorer opens to the folder that the file is in instead of the excel file opening. Just to test I pointed it to a word document and the doc file opened fine. How do I get a hyperlink to open the excel file? Thanks. Are you sure it isn't to the folder instead. Only way I can reproduce that is if I select the folder instead of the file when I create the hyperlink. As expected if I use a hyperlink to a particular file it will open.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "purplehaz" <software@for.me> wrote i...

Why does [group] appear after the filename in Excel 2003?
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 this morning. An Excel document I created yesterday in a shared network location that has never been touched by anyone but me is now opening with [Group] status. I need to activate Autofilter, but it is unavailable (greyed) on the Tools --> Filter menu. I also can't locate a definition for this setting or how to turn it off, nor do I have any idea why it is in this "group" mode. It is definitely not a shared workbook. Please help! You may have more than one sheets selected simoultaneously. Righclick a sheet tab and select ...

Show Excel in two separate instances/two monitors?
I've recently been upgraded to two monitors (one of the few things IT has done right around here!). But try as I might, I can't get two Excel (2003) workbooks to show in two separate instances so I can put one on each monitor! Any solutions? Ed Hi Ed, open 2 workbooks -- click the Maximize button (so you are in resize mode) --- drag a workbook by the titlebar to the second monitor... Warm Regards, Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) * MVP Access Remote Programming and Training strive4peace2006 at yahoo.com * Ed wrote: > I've recently been upgraded to t...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

Hours and Minutes in Excell working with 5 digits hhhhh:mm
I use a spreadsheet at work to record aircraft flying hours in the hours and minutes format i.e 8475:45 if then i fit a component with a life of 3000:00 hrs and then want a figure of when the component is due to be changed then excell has a major problem with adding the two values together how can i use 5 digits for the hours any ideas ? Hi AFAIK the maximum for Excel is 9999 hours. Above that you can't use Excel's date/time values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dougie -b-" <Dougie -b-@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C5BAA72...

Plot area of embedded charts unexplainably shrinks in Excel 2003 S
I am working on a large spreadsheet full of numerical data. It contains several dozen bar and line graphs embedded across several worksheets. I have a decent understanding of Excel and Excel graphs but do not use VBA. The problem I have with Excel is that it sometimes – and unpredictably – (vertically) shrinks the plot areas of the embedded graphs. This can happen between opening the document and printing it. Other times, the plot area would shrink if I click on the plot area with my mouse, and then click off on to a cell in the same worksheet. The chart area remains the same siz...

Is there a way to setup excel to prompt for a backup copy upon ex.
I want to automatically create a backup onto a disk each time I exit program. "sonny" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the Subject field. Please take advantage of the Message area, even for short inquiries. Thanks |:>) "sonny" wrote: > I am currently using 2000. Thanks "CyberTaz" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. > > It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the > Subject field. Ple...

Outlook 2000 Starts with Information Box
On some computers running NT4 and Exchange 5.5 with XP pro Clients A message box appears about macros added to additional files, why does this box appear? and how do I stop it from appearing every time I sart Outlook 2000? Please state the full error you get. You can control macro's in Outlook by Tools-> Macro-> Security -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the new...

Sounds with Excel
Hello Friends Is it possible and how can I do this task with ExcelXp: If the value of cell A1 on "my worksheet" in "my workbook" is "1"-play any sound, If cell A1 is empty-don't play sound. For the next cell on the same sheet B1: if B1=1- play sound different than the sound for the cell A1, if B1 is empty-don't play sound. If both cells A1=1 AND B1=1 play sound different than the sounds for cell A1 and cell B1. I'm running WindowsXP. Thank you. Hi Tim have a look at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip87.htm Frank Tim wrote: > Hello Friends...

display countdown timer in Excel
I'd like to display (in Excel 2003) a countdown timer in a worksheet (either in a cell or a textbox or other control). I want the user to be able to see the clock tick down from say 20 seconds to 0 in one second increments (or decrements, I guess). Is there a function that will do this? If this is somethingVBA can handle better, I can post this question in the programming newsgroup. Thanks, Bert It has to be done through VBA. You could write code or have someone do it for you. That someone would be Bob Phillips who has a free downlaodable workbook with a Timer setup. http://...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

Outlook 2000 and Win XP
I have a Laptop with Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2000 SP-3. About 3-4 times a day the user cannot open the GAL. I have to delete and then reconfigure the profile. At which time the GAL works for another couple of hours. Do you know of any issues. ...

recieving reminders since re load of exchange 2000
I have recently done a reinstall of exchange 2000 using setup and selecting reinstall all components. Before doing this I did an offline backup of mdbdata. After reinstall moved backed up mdbdata back. All is working okay all emails and public folders are as before. However a few users are complaining that they are recieving reminders from months ago. Any ideas all I can see is the outlook.exe /cleanreminders to fix it. Andrew ...

Preventing Excel files from being moved or deleted
What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an Excel file on a network? This is more of an network operating system setting question. I would think putting the file on a share that the users only had readonly access would be enough. But this would mean that the users could still copy (not move) the file. And they wouldn't be able to update the workbook. bg500 wrote: > > What permissions setting is used to prevent users from moving or deleting an > Excel file on a network? -- Dave Peterson All explained in Start>Help and Support "p...

Closing registers #2
1. Is there any way too remove the closing figure when the registers are closed... I don't want my cashiers to see the closing amounts. 2. Can a group of registers be closed out on a selected machine, e.g Reg 1, reg 2, reg 3, reg 4 are all closed on reg 1. Thanks If you don't want cashiers to see closing amounts, lock them out of doing x/z reports and viewing the journal - apply this setting in SO manager - database - cashiers - properties of each cashier - uncheck these boxes. On question 2, out of the box, RMS does not allow that - each register has its own batch that must ...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

Cannot Close Outlook 2007. it keeps recovering info and restarting
Hi, I installed Windows Update KB980248 and updated the Bluetooth device driver three days ago. But since then I found I could not close Outlook. Every time I clicked close on top right corner, the main window closed but the outlook icon on the tray did not go away. Instead, it gave out a dialog saying 'Outlook stopped working', and then another dialog 'Outlook is trying to recover your information', followed by a dialog 'Outlook is restarting'. Then it restarted and the full window came back. I have been using Outlook 2007 for more than 2 years and it...

Excel or Access?
I have server data that is about 200-300 rows/records and includes abou 25 columns/fields. Coworkers have suggested that this data shoul reside in a database, such as Access, and then import/link to it fro Excel for reporting purposes. Does anyone have a recommendation/comment/suggestion on this? I a comfortable using Excel as my "database" for this data that will no grow much larger than it already is, and is easier for me to perfor the reporting in Excel simply on another sheet. Thanks! Ric -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Why fix what's not broken? ...

Money 2000 Deluxe
Please advise I just upgraded my computer and reinstalled Money 2000 Deluxe. When I tried to backup or transfer my data from floppy to Money. My data would not transfer... Any tips would be greatly appreciated....How can i get my data to transfer from my floppy into money?????I have tried backup option and this doesn't seem to work nor does the restore option.... In microsoft.public.money, Rich wrote: >Please advise > >I just upgraded my computer and reinstalled Money 2000 >Deluxe. When I tried to backup or transfer my data from >floppy to Money. My data would n...

Outlook 2000 and purging IMAP folders
I recently signed up with an outside mail provider and their default configuration is to use IMAP, not POP3. That was fine, but I just learned about this problem: My email client (Outlook 2000) doesn't purge deleted items from the server. Earlier this week one of my clients had sent me about 25 MB of attachments, and they bounced today. Turns out that my mail was over its quota of 100 MB. (I got this service so I would *never* run out of room!) The mail service admin told me today that most email clients can send an instruction back to the server to "purge" deleted items fr...

Automatic open locked excel file through access control
We know,Excel has prompt password to open it files. Is it possible to create a code that can supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we open the excel file through our access control in a form, the excel files can be opened automatically.But when the excel files opened from its default icon,it will prompt a password first. On Jul 10, 8:43 pm, "shiro" <s...@play.com> wrote: > We know,Excel has prompt password > to open it files. > Is it possible to create a code that can > supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we > open the excel file throu...

What defines an advanced level of Excel?
I was wondering if somebody could help me with this. I was looking at applying for an office assitant job and it said I needed an advanced level of Excel. I have been using Excel for some time now, although I recently decided to do a short course starting from the basics to help identify what I may be missing in my knowledge. We didn't delve into complex formulars but covered all our basics and gave our selves the background knowledge to explor further. I am all over the place, such as inputing data, retreiving data from sources such as SQL server, text files and so on. Formatt...

Templates for Excel 2003
Hey y'all, Is the only way to get templates now through Office On Line rather than a direct download that works on my PC? I don't want anything to do with Office On Line. I don't want to have to download 2 Active X scripts just to get a template. I tried downloading one directly, but I got a message that indicated that I needed the Active X crap. Bah! TIA, Mike W. ...

problem while using excel
hi, exel sheet displaying page number in background in each and every cell of my sheet in background And displaying message first while opening the sheet as "margins doesn't fit can you please help me with this issue?? View > Normal -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200786 While i am using excel, when i try to copy and paste words, the program becomes very sluggish. very laggy and slow. how do i resolve this? You probably have a lot of formulae, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CALCULATION and change it to manual, you can then calculate the workbook by pressing F9, take a look ...