Excel 2000 #19

hi
recently moved into new office that uses Excel 2000 & Powerpoint 2000 in Win2000
This excel is different from the previous office which uses Win98. Here are some examples.
1. Instead of Ctrl+End to get to end of page, have to use End+Home
2. Sum button does not offer Average
3. Worksheet tab cannot be coloured.
4. Powerpoint does not have slide tab in Normal View (side window) only outline.

All the hotkeys and shortcut I have learn cannot be use. My new colleagues think I am an alien... since they are used to the missing functions. Can anyone explain and
HELP! HELP!

Regards
0
RobinK (10)

Hi Robin

i have a vague feeling that this was answered somewhere else ... the excel
that you were using in "previous office" was excel 2002, you're now using
excel 2000 .. the things you mentioned that aren't available in your current
versions are some of the "improvements" that came out in 2002   (same goes
for powerpoint)

(although #1 is a strange one - i thought ctrl & end always worked).

not much you can do about it unless you convince them to upgrade!

Cheers
JulieD

"Robin K." <RobinK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> recently moved into new office that uses Excel 2000 & Powerpoint 2000 in
Win2000
> This excel is different from the previous office which uses Win98. Here
are some examples.
> 1. Instead of Ctrl+End to get to end of page, have to use End+Home
> 2. Sum button does not offer Average
> 3. Worksheet tab cannot be coloured.
> 4. Powerpoint does not have slide tab in Normal View (side window) only
outline.

> All the hotkeys and shortcut I have learn cannot be use. My new colleagues
think I am an alien... since they are used to the missing functions. Can
anyone explain and
> HELP! HELP!
>
> Regards

0
JulieD1 (2295)
6/21/2004 3:16:42 PM
I think JulieD answered 2-3 for you, but for #1, try:

tools|options|transition tab
uncheck those Lotus 123 settings.
(especially:  transition navigation keys)

JulieD answered #4, too.  But I don't powerpoint enough to know why the
difference.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I think JulieD answered 2-3 for you, but for #1, try:
>
> tools|options|transition tab
> uncheck those Lotus 123 settings.
> (especially:  transition navigation keys)
>
> JulieD answered #4, too.  But I don't powerpoint enough to know why the
> difference.
>
> Robin K. wrote:
> >
> > hi
> > recently moved into new office that uses Excel 2000 & Powerpoint 2000 in Win2000
> > This excel is different from the previous office which uses Win98. Here are some examples.
> > 1. Instead of Ctrl+End to get to end of page, have to use End+Home
> > 2. Sum button does not offer Average
> > 3. Worksheet tab cannot be coloured.
> > 4. Powerpoint does not have slide tab in Normal View (side window) only outline.
> >
> > All the hotkeys and shortcut I have learn cannot be use. My new colleagues think I am an alien... since they are used to the missing functions. Can anyone explain and
> > HELP! HELP!
> >
> > Regards
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
RobinK (10)
6/27/2004 6:56:01 AM
Dear JulieD,
   Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.
Would you know if the "improvements" are downloadable from Microsoft or any other websites? or am I doom to stuck in the age of chilvary...
   Appreciate your attention
Regards,
Robin K.

"JulieD" wrote:

> Hi Robin
>
> i have a vague feeling that this was answered somewhere else ... the excel
> that you were using in "previous office" was excel 2002, you're now using
> excel 2000 .. the things you mentioned that aren't available in your current
> versions are some of the "improvements" that came out in 2002   (same goes
> for powerpoint)
>
> (although #1 is a strange one - i thought ctrl & end always worked).
>
> not much you can do about it unless you convince them to upgrade!
>
> Cheers
> JulieD
>

> "Robin K." <RobinK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi
> > recently moved into new office that uses Excel 2000 & Powerpoint 2000 in
> Win2000
> > This excel is different from the previous office which uses Win98. Here
> are some examples.
> > 1. Instead of Ctrl+End to get to end of page, have to use End+Home
> > 2. Sum button does not offer Average
> > 3. Worksheet tab cannot be coloured.
> > 4. Powerpoint does not have slide tab in Normal View (side window) only
> outline.
> >
> > All the hotkeys and shortcut I have learn cannot be use. My new colleagues
> think I am an alien... since they are used to the missing functions. Can
> anyone explain and
> > HELP! HELP!
> >
> > Regards

0
RobinK (10)
6/27/2004 6:59:02 AM
Hi Robin

"unfortunately" you actually have to purchase the upgrade version of 2002
(or 2003 which is currently the latest version).

> Dear JulieD,
>    Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.
> Would you know if the "improvements" are downloadable from Microsoft or
any other websites? or am I doom to stuck in the age of chilvary...
>    Appreciate your attention
> Regards,
> Robin K.
>

> "JulieD" wrote:
>
> > Hi Robin
> >
> > i have a vague feeling that this was answered somewhere else ... the
excel
> > that you were using in "previous office" was excel 2002, you're now
using
> > excel 2000 .. the things you mentioned that aren't available in your
current
> > versions are some of the "improvements" that came out in 2002   (same
goes
> > for powerpoint)
> >
> > (although #1 is a strange one - i thought ctrl & end always worked).
> >
> > not much you can do about it unless you convince them to upgrade!
> >
> > Cheers
> > JulieD
> >

> > "Robin K." <RobinK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > hi
> > > recently moved into new office that uses Excel 2000 & Powerpoint 2000
in
> > Win2000
> > > This excel is different from the previous office which uses Win98.
Here
> > are some examples.
> > > 1. Instead of Ctrl+End to get to end of page, have to use End+Home
> > > 2. Sum button does not offer Average
> > > 3. Worksheet tab cannot be coloured.
> > > 4. Powerpoint does not have slide tab in Normal View (side window)
only
> > outline.
> > >
> > > All the hotkeys and shortcut I have learn cannot be use. My new
colleagues
> > think I am an alien... since they are used to the missing functions. Can
> > anyone explain and
> > > HELP! HELP!
> > >
> > > Regards

0
JulieD1 (2295)
6/27/2004 7:32:58 AM
Dear Julie,
That is sad to hear....
Again, for you time, attention and generosity - THANK YOU!
Regards,
Robin

"JulieD" wrote:

> Hi Robin
>
> "unfortunately" you actually have to purchase the upgrade version of 2002
> (or 2003 which is currently the latest version).
>
> Cheers
> JulieD
>
> "Robin K." <RobinK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear JulieD,
> >    Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.
> > Would you know if the "improvements" are downloadable from Microsoft or
> any other websites? or am I doom to stuck in the age of chilvary...
> >    Appreciate your attention
> > Regards,
> > Robin K.
> >

> > "JulieD" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Robin
> > >
> > > i have a vague feeling that this was answered somewhere else ... the
> excel
> > > that you were using in "previous office" was excel 2002, you're now
> using
> > > excel 2000 .. the things you mentioned that aren't available in your
> current
> > > versions are some of the "improvements" that came out in 2002   (same
> goes
> > > for powerpoint)
> > >
> > > (although #1 is a strange one - i thought ctrl & end always worked).
> > >
> > > not much you can do about it unless you convince them to upgrade!
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > JulieD
> > >

> > > "Robin K." <RobinK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in
> > > Win2000
> Here
> > > are some examples.
> only
> > > outline.

> colleagues
> > > think I am an alien... since they are used to the missing functions. Can
> > > anyone explain and

0
RobinK (10)

Have Outlook 2000. How do I get rid of spam?
I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! winnieB <winnieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need step by step directions because I don't know the termenology. > When we open Outlook it comes up under my husband's e-mail. Then I > Open mine. He is not spamed. I get hundreds each day. HELP! Step by step: 1) Open Internet Explorer. 2) Browse to http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ 3) Downoad SpamBaye...

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

Outlook 2000 send/receive
I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? I am not sure if it is what you are looking for but here goes: Under the Tools menu, click Options. In the dialog box that opens next click on Mail Delivery tab, then make sure there is a check in the box beside "send messages immediately when connected." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14fdf01c41cac$9696e2c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to > automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? ...

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

Excel formula #24
What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of 0 0 #DIV/0! Try =if(iserror(formula),0,formula) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8392DE7F-0B65-4DEE-87F4-985133BB1976@microsoft.com... > What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of > 0 0 #DIV/0! > ...

Excel Problem #3
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there are in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? I have all the required permissions on that network folder. No one else has any of the files open. They are not shared workbooks. ...

Excel Running Wild After Update
I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powerpoint seem fine but Excel attemtps to open every compatible file (and a few that aren't) when I start it up. After it overdoses on files it fails and closes. Any ideas on what to do other than reverting to an older version, pre-update? Wild guess: Look in Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Startup:Excel: . Are there a bunch of random files in there? I think Excel would try to open anything in there on launch. On 3/23/06 9:04 AM, "Jeff Fread" wrote: > I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powe...