Error saving Excel files in a network drive

I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error
saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and
then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t
occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control"
access to the shared folder...
I have Windows XP and Office 2000.

Thanks in advance
Mateo.

0
mateo (4)

Hi Mateo,

> I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error
> saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and
> then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t
> occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control"
> access to the shared folder...

A possible cause for this problem can be your Virus software.

Excel has a funny saving process:

1 Saves to a temporary file
2 If OK, deletes the original
3 Renames Temp file to filename of original.

If in stage 2 or 3 of this process the virus software starts scanning the
TEMP file, XL's process gets interrupted and you get the file not saved
message.

So try changing the settings of the virus scanner.

Another cause can be that the user does not have delete rights to the
directory in question and Excels saving process fails on step 2.

Check out these articles for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103329

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;121942

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)
5/24/2004 5:11:58 PM
Thank you very much, it was the antivirus...
If somebody has the same problem you just need to change your antivirus
settings (in my case Real Time Protection in Symantec) for NOT TO SCAN
network drives and scan only HD drives.

"Jan Karel Pieterse" <jkpieterse@netscape.net> escribi� en el mensaje
> Hi Mateo,
>
> > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error
> > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file
and
> > then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t
> > occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control"
> > access to the shared folder...
>
> A possible cause for this problem can be your Virus software.
>
> Excel has a funny saving process:
>
> 1 Saves to a temporary file
> 2 If OK, deletes the original
> 3 Renames Temp file to filename of original.
>
> If in stage 2 or 3 of this process the virus software starts scanning the
> TEMP file, XL's process gets interrupted and you get the file not saved
> message.
>
> So try changing the settings of the virus scanner.
>
> Another cause can be that the user does not have delete rights to the
> directory in question and Excels saving process fails on step 2.
>
> Check out these articles for more information:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103329
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;121942
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Karel Pieterse
> Excel MVP
> www.jkp-ads.com

0
mateo (4)

How to export Notes to Excel
Hi all, I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? Thanks -- phumulaniluyandacollinlembede Navigate to Advanced Find and select 'Notes', then export as necessary/appropriate.... -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "Phumulani" wrote: > Hi all, > > I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i > do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? > > Thanks > -- > phumulaniluyandacollinlembede ...

Excel not Access

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

New Disk storage

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.