error opening excel file #2

hi!
i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear
saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do
you want to continue loading the project?"

 i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this
workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error
log is being created"
 what happen to the excel file?
the excel file is only 2.6Mb

Hi jp-

Without a lot more detail, one can only guess, but here are a couple of ideas.

1) The file may be damaged or corrupted in some way. Perhaps it can be
repaired, perhaps not.

2) The file contains macros that are not executing properly any of may
reasons. Again, the ability to fix is questionable.

You might try going to Tools>Macro>Security and see if it is set to Low.
Change the setting to Medium and restart Excel. Then open the file, and if a
dialog box appears, click the button to Disable Macros. Perhaps you can get
into the file and see what needs to be done.

Hope this is of use |:>)

"jp" wrote:

> hi!
> i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear
> saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do
> you want to continue loading the project?"
>
>  i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this
> workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error
> log is being created"
>  what happen to the excel file?
> the excel file is only 2.6Mb

0
CyberTaz (411)
2/16/2005 5:21:07 PM
You have at least one guess at your post in .excel

--

Dave Peterson
0

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Excel 2007

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2