Error msg - "A required .DLL file ..." Help!

Suddenly, I'm getting the error message when trying to open up my Excel
program (from MS Office 97 professional edition), "A required .DLL file,
MSO97.DLL, was not found."  What does this mean, and how can I resolve this?
I was just using excel the other day!  I did install McAfee Virus Scan
yesterday ... could this have destroyed something?  But I did reinstall, so
that should have replaced any missing files, right?

I tried restarting the computer - nothing.  I tried reinstalling MS Office
97 - nothing.  Help!!!

0
Steve3367 (862)

You can find lots of hits in the excel newsgroups:

I searched for mso97 in *excel* and found lots
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_q=mso97&as_ugroup=*excel*&num=100

And if you finally give up, maybe completely uninstalling first will help:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=254250
OFF97: How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office 97 on Windows XP, Windows Me,
       and Windows 2000

Good luck,

--

Dave Peterson
0

Anyone else?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You can find lots of hits in the excel newsgroups:
> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
>
> I searched for mso97 in *excel* and found lots
> http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_q=mso97&as_ugroup=*excel*&num=100
>
> And if you finally give up, maybe completely uninstalling first will help:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=254250
> OFF97: How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office 97 on Windows XP, Windows Me,
>        and Windows 2000
>
> Good luck,
>
> Steve wrote:
> >
> > Suddenly, I'm getting the error message when trying to open up my Excel
> > program (from MS Office 97 professional edition), "A required .DLL file,
> > MSO97.DLL, was not found."  What does this mean, and how can I resolve this?
> > I was just using excel the other day!  I did install McAfee Virus Scan
> > yesterday ... could this have destroyed something?  But I did reinstall, so
> > that should have replaced any missing files, right?
> >
> > I tried restarting the computer - nothing.  I tried reinstalling MS Office
> > 97 - nothing.  Help!!!
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Steve3367 (862)

Error msg
Suddenly, I'm getting the error message when trying to open up my Excel program (from MS Office 97 professional edition), "A required .DLL file, MSO97.DLL, was not found." What does this mean, and how can I resolve this? I was just using excel the other day! I did install McAfee Virus Scan yesterday ... could this have destroyed something? But I did reinstall, so that should have replaced any missing files, right? I tried restarting the computer - nothing. I tried reinstalling MS Office 97 - nothing. Help!!! You can find lots of hits in the excel newsgroups: http:/...