Error Message When Opening Excel #3

Everytime i open Excel or an Excel document, i get the following error message:

"SUMIF.XLA is already open.  Reopening will cause any change you made to be
discarded.  Do you want to reopen SUMIF.XLA?"

Whether i answer YES or NO, the application will open normally.  It is just
very annouying.. HELP
walid (2)

Walid

You could try looking under Tools>Add ins... and then uncheck anything, then
check back those that were checked one at a time, close and re-open excel,
when the error comes back, that's the faulty add-in, either go to the vendor
or unload the add-in if you don't need it

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Walid" <Walid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime i open Excel or an Excel document, i get the following error
> message:
>
> "SUMIF.XLA is already open.  Reopening will cause any change you made to
> be
> discarded.  Do you want to reopen SUMIF.XLA?"
>
> Whether i answer YES or NO, the application will open normally.  It is
> just
> very annouying.. HELP

It could be a couple of things, but I'd look to see if you have sumif.xla in
your XLStart folder and check to see if the Sumif wizard is checked under
Tools|Addins.

If you have it in both spots, I'd keep the tools|addins version and move the
Sumif.xla from the XLStart folder.

If that doesn't help...

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm

Walid wrote:

> Everytime i open Excel or an Excel document, i get the following error message:
>
> "SUMIF.XLA is already open.  Reopening will cause any change you made to be
> discarded.  Do you want to reopen SUMIF.XLA?"
>
> Whether i answer YES or NO, the application will open normally.  It is just
> very annouying.. HELP

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Excel 2007

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Message comes as an attachment

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Planned Open Market Days

error 0x800cc0f

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

opening .bak file

error on upgrade: ID 4386