entering times automaticly

Just wondering if it is possible for employees to type a 4 digit # (like the
last four of a social) and exel will enter a time into a position.
We currently use time cards, and have to enter them all in by hand at the
end of the night.
Let me know if you have any ideas.
0
George6668 (260)

Hi
Have a look at this:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
It may be of use to you!

--
Andy.

"George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering if it is possible for employees to type a 4 digit # (like
> the
> last four of a social) and exel will enter a time into a position.
> We currently use time cards, and have to enter them all in by hand at the
> end of the night.
> Let me know if you have any ideas.

0
Andy
5/6/2005 2:10:55 PM
Take a look here:

In article <7CD8BB41-B86D-4387-B28B-F8E09873D73D@microsoft.com>,
 George <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Just wondering if it is possible for employees to type a 4 digit # (like the
> last four of a social) and exel will enter a time into a position.
> We currently use time cards, and have to enter them all in by hand at the
> end of the night.
> Let me know if you have any ideas.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

XmlTextReader ReadChars can enter an infinate loop when reading st
The following code will enter an infinate loop when in ReadChars. I can only make it happen when reading a Stream and with this particular XML. If I use the ReadInnerXml call rather than my own ReadElementBodyAsXml the code works, but is less efficent. ReadElementBodyAsXml is required by my application with .Net Framework 1.1. The code breaks on the second call to ReadElementBodyAsXml with the inner xml: </EGDConfigExtension> <EGDConfigExtension Company="http://pdweb.salem.ge.com" ExtensionCode="MasterHmiResources"><HmiResources> <HmiResource...

Manually Setting Date/Time Range of Axis
I have an XY chart that takes data from two columns. The 1st column is a production amount (in cubic yards), while the second is the corresponding date/time. The data is plotted as expected (x = date/time, y = production). The workbook is automatically opened on a shift basis, to generate a shift report. As such, the data in the columns that the chart is looking at changes each time it is run. The problem with this is the time range on the x axis is not maximized for the date/time range in the column (i.e.: it shows a larger range than required). I would like to manually set the ...

Recordset changes underlying table automatically
Hi all, I probably have a misunderstanding of the use of a ADO Recordset. I thought a Recourdset is a view and if I change it without updating the underlying table (data) wouldn't change. But what I was experiencing was different. I opened a recordset with a select query of a table then manipulated the recordset. Suprisingly I found that the underlying table (a linked table from a SQL server) changed. Is this the normal way that a Recordset behave? If so, is there an easy way to avoid it? I have tried different combination of Lock type and Cursor type but did not succeed. Thank you for...

Update Rollup 2
Are we able to install the server side update rollup 2 without having to install the client side updates immedietly? In other words if we install the server side will the Outlook client users continue to work or do we have to upgrade them at the same time? Thanks! This is a really good question, anyone have an answer? Michael "MDV1457" wrote: > Are we able to install the server side update rollup 2 without having to > install the client side updates immedietly? In other words if we install the > server side will the Outlook client users continue to work or do we ...

The value you entered isn't valid for this field
The value you entered isn't valid for this field for example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number that is larger the field size permits this message appear for me on my (((Form))) when entering: text or number in ---------date field text or date in ------------ number field my question is: is there any why to remove this message and display custom message after typing directly (after update) for the (Control)!! This is an engine-level message, so you can use the Error event of the form to catch it and substitute your own message for that DataErr. -- Allen...

Time formatting #3
Hi Just a quick question one of my calculations returns a length of tim in hours in a decimal format. I was wondering if there was a way t format the cell so that for example if the figure 53.5 was returne then the cell would display the value 53:30 (for 53 hours 30 minutes). the best that i can get so far is using " ?/60" to return: 53 30/60 This isn't as neat as i would like. I have tried the date/tim formatting options but they only seem to return things like 12:00:00. Any ideas -- dzi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dziw's Profile...

Hotfix time out HQ Server
Our chain of 40 stores has recently installed the latest hotfix, immediately thereafter stores communications deteriorated from a few minutes to 45 minutes to over an hour per store for only around 40 transactions. The comm schedule was set for every 3 hours and staggered so only 1 store connected at a time. There are roughly 18000 items at HQ. Our IT vendor recommended installing 2 dedicated comms servers to address this problem. We have now done so, and the stores still take 45 minutes to an hour to sync, even with no transactions, and regularly time out even if connected on the LAN....

Mount and then automatic dismount of Exchange.
My exchange is dismount automatic. I try to mount it again, i succeed, but after a few seconds it dismounts again. The priv1+pub1 is about 16,1 GB. What can i do? Check your application (& system) event logs for errors. Humberto Goncalves wrote: > My exchange is dismount automatic. I try to mount it again, i > succeed, but after a few seconds it dismounts again. The priv1+pub1 > is about 16,1 GB. What can i do? ...

Run-time error 2001 when I build a filter
I am building a filter from a set of fields for my users to search the database. I have the whole "if not isnull(textfeild) then" stuff.... and when I stick to fields that relate to text it works fine... I have an auto number fiend (relates to the item ID) and a date field. How do I extract these pieces of information and add them to the filter string in order for searches to be done on them? Thanks Jeremy ...

how to send outgoing and incoming message to my gmail account automatically
hi I use win 98 se. and Microsoft Outlook express 6. When I send a mail or take a mail in Outlook express 6, can i forward this mails to my gmail addres automatically? Does outlook express 6 have this type property? and can you explain how to do it? note: I know i can forward mails to gmail adress manually. but i want outlook express to do it automatically if it is possible? thanks in advance. gilevgi <gilevgi@gmail.com> wrote: > I use win 98 se. > and Microsoft Outlook express 6. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup, like news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outl...

Automatic date
I need to add a field that is the current date to a table, but the date needs to be updated automatically to always equal the current date. In Excel, this was easily done with the "TODAY" function, but this isn't working in Access. When I use "Date()", it returns the date that the record was created, but does not update to the current date as time passes. In other words, if it was created on 4/22/10, when I open the table on 4/28/10, I need that field to read 4/28/10, even though it was created on an earlier date. I hope this makes sense. Any help is ...

Times Addition
Hi I need to know how to add 3 times : 8:00+2:00+3:00=13:00 Thanks The Date data type in Access is intended for timestamps, not durations. Rather than attempting to add durations in that manner, you should store the durations as Long Integers (either as total seconds or total minutes, depending on what resolution you require) and add them together. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190828761.862171.250540@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to kn...

determining time differences
How do I write the equation to calculate time differences of two cells where the time difference can span across midnight? Is there an if then else function, if so how do you write it Excel dose not recognize this as a formula"=(if(B10 > A10) then =(B10-A10) else =(B10+24-A10))" a1 = 23:45 b1 = 01:15 c1 = b1-a1 Thanking you in advance, Hugh Newman Hi try the following in C1 =A1-B1+(B1<A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Hugh wrote: > How do I write the equation to calculate time differences > of two cells where the time difference can span across >...

My colours in the palette disappear at time when using Excel 2003
Recently when using/downloading Excel worksheets or templates I have noticed that colours disappear from the palette (usually the bright green). If I hover the cursor over the missing colour then the words "colour scheme" are displayed rather than the name of the colour as is usual. This has happened on numerous occasions & on differnet worksheets. I have repaired sokme,deleted ones that may be corrupt, etc but this continues to hapen & is frustrating as I need certain colours to complete reports. Can anyone suggest what may be occurring. This has only happened since us...

Run-Time error after Windows Update
Windows just completed an automatic update that required a re-boot. Now RMS POS will not start. I get the following error: RUN-TIME ERROR '-2147319779 (8002801d)': Automation Error Library not registered. This is RMS 1.20183. It has been working fine for a year and a half. Any suggestions?? The manager program works fine. Thanks in advance, Tom This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0217_01C6AA5F.4C3DC750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tom, I repor...

Money 2005
I have all my accounts on the Advance Register. I had butchered them pretty badly, but I now have everything balanced. Along the way, I think I turned off automatically balanced. Once I accept and categorize all downloaded transactions, I want to balance the account. Where do I do this? I've been spinning on it for 2 hours. I don't want to have to go through the standard "balance this account" where I enter a date and amount. I want to balance it against the data downloaded from my institution. Where is this hidden :) I know I've seen it!! In microsoft.publi...

WM Player rips automatically even with setting off
When I insert a CD, Windows Media Player beigns to rip. The setting for automatic ripping is unchecked. I have executed (virtually) all permutations of the following actions: - uncheck automatic ripping - restart the computer - check automatic ripping - rip a CD - insert a CD WM Player will not desist from automatically ripping a CD while the rip pane is active. Are there any known fixes? Anyone else had this problem? The reason I want to manually rip is so that I can enter the information manually. I want to enter the info manually so that WM Player can automatically n...

Attachments take a long time to load
Before I got my smart phone I had POP 3 and had no probs opening large vid attachments. 2-7 MB (Very Fast) or large text attachments in Outlook. Once I got the Smt. Ph I had to change to IMAP settings and have had numerous probs. I don't understand why it takes so long to open an attachment or the screen freezes in Outlook. Do I have a glitch, need to uninstall & reinstall, I think the install disk has a repair option go that route? Or is it just because this is a Gmail account which I have heard can give you fits. My ISP server is Clearwire. -- Microsoft Office 2003...

Plotting a time graph
i've the following type of data that i want to plot: Time A B C D 00:00 1 0 0 0 02:30 0 0 1 0 06:00 0 1 0 0 11:00 1 0 0 0 13:30 0 0 0 1 where A happens from 00:00 to 02:30, C happens from 02:30 to 06:00, and so on. The time intervals need not be regular. Is there a way to plot the happenings of A,B,C,D along a horizontal timeline using Excel? You have to transform your data to something like this: (Duration) A 02:30 C 03:30 B 05:00 A 02:30 D .... Select the data, and create a stacked bar chart, with series ...

Form Numbers Automatically Increment by 1 Upon Opening
I need to have the form number on the form increment by 1 when the form is opened by another user on the system. I'd like to know how to do this also if anyone would care to share their knowledge. I assume it would take VBA. -- pdgood ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pdgood's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538181 Have a look at John McGimpsey's VBA method. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html Gord Dibben...

restrict value entered into cell
Hi, Is there a way to restrict user to enter negative values into a cell? TIA eric :( Hi Eric One way: Select the range (e.g E34:E56) Data > Datavalidation > Custom enter this formula =E34>0 -- Best Regards Leo Heuser MVP Excel Followup to newsgroup only please. "ericlye" <ericlye.st9ay@excelforum.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:ericlye.st9ay@excelforum.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to restrict user to enter negative values into a cell? > > TIA > eric > > :( ...

Only allow one user at a time
We have an Excel spreadsheet that sits on the network. People need to open the file to be able to sign up for various duty rosters. We would like for the file to open for the first person. And then for any others after that, get a message that the file is in use WITHOUT the option to open a read-only copy. Our staff can't read and they keep opening additional copies of the file! I have read about sharing the file and I don't think that would make things any better. Thanks, Lynn Private Sub Workbook_Open() If ThisWorkbook.ReadOnly Then MsgBox "File already in use&quo...

number times a value appears in a column beside it chronological
I am looking to count how many times a number appears in a column beside that number as you go down that column. Beside the first occurance of the number 10 the cell in the column beside it would have a 1, the next occurance of the number 10 the cell in the column beside it would have a 2, and so on. Thank you in advance for your help. Assuming the column of numbers begins in A1 In B1 enter =COUNTIF(A1:$A$1,A1) Copy this down the column by double clicking B1's fill handle best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Papa Cri...

changing date on sheet every time on save when only that particular sheet is changed (Excel 2000)
Hi all, I would very much like a date on each of the sheets, which updates only and every time that particular sheet is changed and the workbook is saved. I have found some usefull hints in this newsgroup regarding this, however these apply to the workbook. Besides, I am a total newbie on using macros in Excel :-( If anybody could please offer any help / insight please? Thank you all very much in advance Ronald van Zantvoort Ronald, You may be able to simplify the task by having the date on each sheet updated whenever any change is made. Then when it's saved, it's already ther...

Calculating time in Excel
I am trying to figure out the formula to calculate time, for example: I have 2:00 in the first cell and 4:00 in the next cell, I want to figure out that the difference is 120 minutes. Is this possible? I don't see a direct way, but you can format the cell with the formula as normal and multiply by 24 to get the result in hours, or by 1440 to get the result in minutes. There just happen to be 1440 minutes in a day :-) Matthew "Mandy Quartz" <mandy@certifiedalarms.com> wrote in message news:01b301c34fc0$05fabf20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to figure out the ...