Entering dates in Excel 2002

Is it possible to enter and use dates prior to January 1,1900, in
calucaltaions in Excel  2002.  Specifically trying to calculate the number of
days between two dates where one or both of the dates are prior to January 1,
1900.  If so how?
0
DickG (1)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:27:01 -0800, "DickG" <DickG@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is it possible to enter and use dates prior to January 1,1900, in
>calucaltaions in Excel  2002.  Specifically trying to calculate the number of
>days between two dates where one or both of the dates are prior to January 1,
>1900.  If so how?

You would need to use a VBA routine for this (or write some complex
string-parsing formulas).

Excel by itself does not recognize dates prior to 1900.

What is your potential date range?
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
1/9/2005 12:06:34 PM
Dick

From Help in XL2003

Earliest date allowed for calculation
January 1, 1900 (January 1, 1904, if 1904 date system is used)

Latest date allowed for calculation
December 31, 9999

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"DickG" <DickG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to enter and use dates prior to January 1,1900, in
> calucaltaions in Excel  2002.  Specifically trying to calculate the number
> of
> days between two dates where one or both of the dates are prior to January
> 1,
> 1900.  If so how?

John Walkenbach created an addin that allows you to work with dates before 1900.

You can find it here:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Date display in Excel

Re-install Outlook 2002

Excel and some disappeared sheets

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

date function #3

Excel error 1706

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)