Entering Data Into Text Boxes and Worksheet Protection

I'm wondering if there's a way to enter data into a text box once a
worksheet has been protected.  Currently, once the sheet is protected,
there's no way to enter data into a text box.

Any thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.
Stephan
0
Skihde (2)

There are two different textboxes--one from the drawing toolbar and one from the
control toolbox toolbar.

But you can rightclick on each and choose:
format control (or Format CheckBox
There's a tab call protection.
Each has a Lock option.  (the drawing toolbar has Locked and Lock Text)

After I unchecked each of them, I could use them (when I protected the
worksheet).

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

0
nospam3458 (35)
9/17/2003 12:01:29 PM
Wow Dave, thanks a million--I missed the format part for text boxes--I
kept only getting "Font," but when I right-clicked on the fully shaded
box, I got the whole menu.  Thanks.

Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message news:<3F67BCDE.F8A7E498@msn.com>...
> There are two different textboxes--one from the drawing toolbar and one from the
> control toolbox toolbar.
>
> But you can rightclick on each and choose:
> format control (or Format CheckBox
> There's a tab call protection.
> Each has a Lock option.  (the drawing toolbar has Locked and Lock Text)
>
> After I unchecked each of them, I could use them (when I protected the
> worksheet).
>
> Skihde wrote:
> >
> > I'm wondering if there's a way to enter data into a text box once a
> > worksheet has been protected.  Currently, once the sheet is protected,
> > there's no way to enter data into a text box.
> >
> > Any thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.
> > Stephan
0
Skihde (2)

Deal with text characters that are greater than chr(127)
I am dealing with a spreadsheet that is downloaded from another application. The parent application allows html text and includes some bullits. When this text is downlaoded to an excel spreadhseet the bullits are converted to the followng text string: • The � is chr(128) and the � is chr(162) (I may have these reversed?) but I have not been able to determine the code for the �. But indepedent of not knowing the code for the one character I'm having trouble dealing with these characters. Using a manual search for just one character nothing is found. I'd like to replace...

Sorting data #3
I have my data organized in columns based on state standards, and I want to regroup the data to get all Algebra questions together, all Geometry together, etc. Row 1: Question1 Question2 question 7 question 25 Row2: 6N1 7G8 5N15 6A9 Row 5-30 has student responses to the each question where N, G and A represent Number sense, Geometry and Algebra. I want to determine how the class did overall on each category. Thanks. -- I am pregnant with possibilities, and so are you! Jenai Your question makes perfectly good sense to you because y...

How Do I Pass Data Between 2 UserForm's
Greetings, I am trying to pass data from a TextBox on UserForm1 to a Label on UserForm2. At this point UserForm2 cannot see the TextBox on UserForm1. How can I accomplish this? TIA -Minitman If both forms are in memory, you can reference with Label1.Caption = Userform1.Textbox1.Text on userform2, or Textbox1.Text = Userform2.Label1.Caption on userform1 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Minitman" <excelreply@i-m-p.net> wrote in message news:79ta10dqjvvuvda...

Auto-filter not grabbing all the data
Hi...I'm trying to filter through a database that has over 15,000 rows and not all the data is showing up in the filter. It seems to stop somewhere between 13321 and 13401. I've read through all the threads here and everyone is saying that the Auto-filter drop-down list is the only thing limited to 10,000 items but that it should filter the whole spreadsheet. Apparently not. Can anyone help, please?? Thanks.... I never let excel guess at the range that should be filtered. I'll always explicitly select my range. If your data has empty cells in it, then excel may no...

Combo box to show selective Records!
I have a table [tblAccountStatus] that has around 6 fields for receiving payments 2 of the fields are [ClientID] (Number) and [ModeOfPayment] (Text) I have created a query using these to fields , made a combo box using this query ,put it on my form and made Control Source [ModeOfPayment] Now what I would like to do is when I enter the ClientID on to my form the query will only show [ModeOfPayment] that has been entered with that [ClientID] Hence when I select Mr Tom Cruise , I will get a selection my from my Combo Box as the names of the checks I have entered under his ClientID Hope this mak...

Type hidden text and/or numbers; return asterisks
I want to type a name or series of numbers or a combination in a cell without anyone that may be standing around seeing what I am typing in and have it return asterisks (or another character). This would be like entering a password for an application and instead of the characters you are typing, you would see asterisks for example. The data being typed into the cell might be used in a formula elsewhere in the worksheet. I've hidden the formula bar so that you can't see what's being typed in there. And, I tried adding a custom format to the cell that returned single quotes acros...

excel 2002 data filter
hello this is the case if i have in column A data like this: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com http://www.abc.com ok. When i press select complete column A and then select DATA - FILTER - ADVANCE FILTER - UNIQUE RECORDS ONLY i get folowing result: http://www.cba.com this is not what i want. I want to get folowing result: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com u see what i meen? Can u help please and thank you very much!!! On Feb 14, 2:10=A0am, Ivanko <Iva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hello > this is the case > > if i have in column A data lik...

Inserting Multiple Worksheets?
Is it possible insert multiple blank worksheets into a workbook? I.E. I want to insert 20 fresh worksheets without having to insert one shee 20 times. Also, supposing I have a set of tabs with each one corresponding to th day of the month, is it possible to somehow drag more worksheets tab that would continue the naming system -- Mr Zer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr Zero's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1558 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27724 Hi you can insert...

Cannot see sample data
Hello, I've followed the exact instalation procedures of the sample data (creat AD users, run install wizard). The installation seems to be successful. I logged in under the sample data user, but could not see any data. The "announcements" section contains 4 articles, which mean it was added during the install using the wizard. What am I doing wrong? It's been so long since I have to install CRM 3.0 again, but I remember there is another step to configure so the users can see the sample data. Please advise. Thanks for your help. -- Regards, Andy Go to Settings ...

Move worksheets into separate workbooks
-- De Lot of info Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D95D397-4807-4487-9804-25641B4AC861@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Many, many thanks Ron. That macro worked brillantly and saved me from a very tedious job. Thanks, again -- De "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Lot of info > > Try this > http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm > > > > -- > Regards Ron de Bruin > http://www.rondebruin.nl > > >...

Data base web design
Can I use Access 2007 as database for my web site as I use MySQL "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78AB2033-4F7E-46C1-8458-C96E3B0E5AAE@microsoft.com... > Can I use Access 2007 as database for my web site as I use MySQL I think you're confusing the term database, and MS access. MS access is a tool that lets you build an application, and that application can connect to a database engine such as JET, or MySql. so it's not the MS access side that has anything to do with a web based system, it is the database engine you choose to use...

Protecting Worksheets #2
Win XP HE, SP1 Excel 2002 SP3 Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... Tx, S You will need a for/each looping macro -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OtKnfpLAFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Win XP HE, SP1 > Excel 2002 SP3 > > Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? > I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... > Tx, > S > > D...

Copied text from Notepad disappears when pasted to Outlook XP
This seems to be a recurring but intermittent problem. ...

Highlight Data
I'm trying to figure out a way to create an excel formula, or vba that will allow me to highlight rows of similar data. For example, I have the following information: .. .. BW404988 BW404988 M9610-3069S M9610-3069S M9610-3069S BM404701 BM404701 BM404701 BM404701 .. .. so I'm wanting a formula that would highlight the first two, then not the next three, then the next four. Does anyone know of how to do this? There won't necessarily be this 2, 3, 4 pieces of data. I'm trying to base it off of information found within column E. Thanks much, DJ You need to be more speci...

How to protect a cell INSTANTLY the moment the data is entered!!
Hello, I want to know how to protect the cell at the very moment data i keyed in and entered without using the protection option in the tool' bar! I would like the process to be automatic!! for example: in cell B if i type in the word "king" and press ENTER! after this i must not b able to modify the word as the cell should be automatically protected if any one has a response to this please reply i would be eagerl waiting for it! thanx! Mot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could do this by having the cell unprotected>entering the data>have a workshee...

How can I allow users to sort a protected table using dropdowns?
I'm trying to create a table where users can't edit the content of the cells but can edit the ordering of the table- what's the best way to achieve this? Stuart, I've written this code some time back for one of my users and it works perfectly for them. Maybe you would like to adapt to suit your needs.. Sub Sort_pr_range() ActiveSheet.Unprotect 'Unprotect the sheet Range("A1:F100").Sort Key1:=Range("B1"), _ 'where "B1" will be the sort pri Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase...

choosing first instance of non zero data
how do i tell excel to count the number of cells until it reaches 3 zeros? Zip w.1 w.2 w.3 w.4 w.5 w.6 w.7 w.8 80001 0 3 2 0 1 0 0 0 start here | | End here Sheet 2: (output) Zip Count 80001 4 ...

Contacts Box Greyed out
The box to add contacts to the outlook address book is greyed out. I have changed permissions and still it is greyed out ...

In Excel, how do I get rid of duplicate records? Based on text r.
I work with long lists of people's names and addresses for marketing. I would like to find a shortcut to get rid of duplicate names and addresses instead of manually looking at each record. I looked at Functions and found Exact but that just identifies duplicate records and I find the functions to be complicated if not shown how to create the proper syntax. Thanks. You might like to have a look at Chip Pearson's web page on working with duplicates - http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Hope this helps cheers JulieD "White T-Bird Kitten" <White T-Bird Kitte...

Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in an excel file?
I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). Per the XL help file, the no. of worksheets is only limited by memory. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. >Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding >worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). >. > ...

On-Click Events and motion tablet signature boxes?
I have a fairly involved form with 54 option frames. Each frame has 4 option buttons (IN, OUT, N/A, N/O). I already have the option frames setup to update their status in a table with numbers (1,2,3,4) and all this is linked to a specific record number that is auto generated. I can create multiple records that retain my choices for all 54 option frames. What I want to do now is create a table with a list of pre-written comments and an event on each option frame so if I select OUT it will select a specific comment for that specific option. I might select OUT on the option ...

Autofit/Text Wrap
I have two sentences typed in a cell which has been formatted to autofit row height, and wrap text, and yet the cell will not adjust to two rows of typing, a total of 32 words, or a total of 146 characters including spaces. I don't think that's too much to type in a cell in Excel. Any ideas? One can only guess what the problem is. But I suspect the spreadsheet might be protected. >-----Original Message----- >I have two sentences typed in a cell which has been >formatted to autofit row height, and wrap text, and yet >the cell will not adjust to two rows of typing...

How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple. #2
I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals, and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at the balance total after each entry. ...

Pulling data from one cell to another
A column contains people's first name and last seperated by a comma. Ho can I tell excel to pull everything after the comma to B column an leave the first name in Column A? Thank -- inthewa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- intheway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=672 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26918 intheway, have a look at data text to columns, post back if you need more help on this -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post a...

Counting text in a column
I used to think I was good at Excel until this stumped me. I have a column with a variety of text in each cell. Example: A1 bob bob ted ted ted charley charley charley charley, etc. Is there a formula or way I can take the whole column of data and hav it come back with something similar to: bob = 2 ted=3 charley=4 etc. for all the variables in the column? Please help, I am dying over here -- prom4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prom4x's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2901 View this thread: http://www...