Entering a company name on the tab

Hi

I am trying to create a tab that when I open Excel and
click File New I will be able to see / General /
Spreadsheet Solutions  / Ashfield /  I am using Excel
2000 - I know I did this before on 97 but can't remember
how.  I find it useful for customers who would like to
store their own templates in their own area.

Thanks a million for any help in advance

Ann
0
anonymous (74722)

Ann

What do you consider to be the "Tab"?

A worksheet Tab name or the Caption you see in the Title Bar?

For the former, just create a workbook with that sheet name and save as a
Template.

For the latter, you will need VBA code to set the Caption Name when the
workbook opens.

Again, you would require a Template with Workbook_Open code like this...

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
     Application.Caption = "/General/Spreadsheet Solutions/Ashfield/"
     ActiveWindow.Caption = ""
End Sub

You can reset it in the Auto_close code.

If you leave it blank, it will default to "Microsoft Excel"

    Application.Caption = ""
    ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.Name
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:03:51 -0800, "Excel Tab Name"

>Hi
>
>I am trying to create a tab that when I open Excel and
>click File New I will be able to see / General /
>Spreadsheet Solutions  / Ashfield /  I am using Excel
>2000 - I know I did this before on 97 but can't remember
>how.  I find it useful for customers who would like to
>store their own templates in their own area.
>
>Thanks a million for any help in advance
>
>Ann

0
Gord

Tabs disappear on tab contgrol
When I am on tab 1 and it is longer than one display screen, when I change to tab to, the tabs do not appear on the form until I scroll up. How do I tell Access to always show tabs? Sounds like the first control on Tab Page2 is located so low, that when it gets the focus, the Page2 tab can no longer display. Check your Tab Order on Tab Page2, and try placing that TabIncex = 0 control up higher on the Tab Page. Note: You'll have other problems if your tab control is wider, or longer, than your screen resolution can display on one screen. This is similar to hav...

How do I change the name of Access 2007 Database?
Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can anyone help? On Nov 22, 3:56 pm, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can > anyone help? What is the error message you are getting? navin "navin" wrote: > On Nov 22, 3:56 pm, leroyd <ler...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > Unable to rename or delete Access 2007 databases created for practise. Can > > anyone help? > > What is the error message you are getting? > > navi...

Current User Name
Hi All, I have written a simple application for my company and it all worded fine until the tried to run it using Terminal Server. The problem is now the users do not have permission to create registry keys in HKCU. I am planning to store the information in the database (which teh application connects to anyway). My plan is to hold the required entries in a user table and use the current users logon details to identify them. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get the name of the current user and or their logon detials (obviously not the password though). TIA John Theone >C...

Visible tab threw drop down selection
Hello, I want to have a main tab that I would select an employees name from a drop down list "The employee name would be the name of a tab" Then it would make the tab visible then I would have a button to close or make it visible = false again and only show the main screen where I need to select an employee. How would I acomplish this? Thanks! One way to accomplish this is in three steps: 1. Create a validation list of employees using Data->Valication... Under "Allow" select "List" and select the range of your employee names 2. Paste the followin...

Bank Check included in Named Printers
The Miscellaneous Check that is currently available for use in Microsofty Dynamics GP version 9.0 should have a corresponding setting for Named Printers, but it does not. Currently we need to go change the GP printer setting right before printing the check, and then change it back right after the check has printed. This needs to be added to the Named Printer Setup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not s...

Activities Tab Does Not Work
The functionality of the 'activities" tab within contacts no longer exists. I went into the folders >> contacts >> properties >> and reset all the activities within this tab; i.e. linked journal entries to the journal folder But no luck My address book and contacts folders are fine If I open up the journals folder directly sure enough the journal entries have links to the proper contacts....so the links DO exist ! However the activities tab within a contact still says that my folders need to be reset !! Any ideas are welcome -- Adam ...

History tab
Hi, I am looking at ways to improve the current features regarding how completed activities are displayed under the history tab. Under the history tab I want the associated date to be displayed when the activity was completed. Does anyone know of an add on product that could enable this? Best regards Lee c360 have a product that does something very similar- see www.c360.com "Lee" <l.hargrave@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:394322d8.0408090545.5f705866@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I am looking at ways to improve the current features regarding how > comp...

Can I make a "tab name" the "chart title"?
I am making multiple charts that utilizes a common chart with all the data represented. As I segregate this data into various subsets and copy charts, it would be beneficial to have the new charts have as its title the new name of the tab name I give. Can this be done? Headers use &[Tab] to do this, but I can't make this work for chart titles and using a header appears to actually reduce the printed size of my chart. It is the Sheet that has a name; that name is displayed on the tab This name can be displayed in a cell with the formula =MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND(&...

Pulling Tab Name of a Different Tab Than What I'm Working In
Hi, right now I'm using the below formula to pull the tab name of the tab I'm working in. I need to also pull in the subsequent tab names into each subsequent column. For instance cell A1 will have the current tab name but B1 would be one tab to the right and C1 would be 2 tabs to the right, etc. Can anyone help me? =RIGHT(CELL("filename",$A$1),LEN(CELL("filename",$A$1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",$A$1))) As always, thanks! Jon Hi Jon If a VBA solution is acceptable to you then this short piece of code will list all the shee...

Outlook 2003 sends email from wrong name
Help! I have a seperate webserver account for my business and have changed over the addresses in my outlook 2003 to display my domain (user@domain.com) in the email name instead of the bellsouth default email address (user@bellsouth.net). Now "certain" times when I send an email it shows my email coming from someone else instead of me in the from block. It uses the correct email address, but the wrong name. When tested using this test message email (Subject: Microsoft Office Outlook Test Message This is an e-mail message sent automatically by Microsoft Office Outlook's Account M...

2 sites / 2 exchange servers / 1 domain name / 1 db
We have a site in NY, a site in MN, is it possible with exch2003 server to have seperate servers at each site, using the same domain name and the same or replicating databases? The reason I ask is because with 5.5 it wasn't possible. Any help/thoughts is appreciated. -Dan Hello Dan, It's possible to have 2 separate Exchange servers (1 at each site) to service the same domain name, as long as both sites are part of the same AD forest. As far as sharing a database, or replicating databases, this isn't possible. You could have one database and allow the site with fewer us...

Name Change
We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook (2000 & 2002) on our PCs. To accomodate a newly married employee, we established an account for her new name. we then added that mailbox to her profile. It took but then would not open. We have done this on other PCs with no problem. Her PC has Outlook 2000. Boomer JM, I have a similar setup here. What I usually do is just change the person's name in Active Directory and add the new email address(es) to that original user profile. But in your case, I wonder if the existing user account has rights to that new account. Can you open the new accoun...

Outlook 2003 will not open at all and crashes in "check name"
My company did the initial upgrades to 2003 as an install across the network (we use Exchange 2000). One of my users was unable to open Outlook one day, and there were multiple instances of Outlook running, so I closed them all from the processes box in task manager, but realized that it was never closing properly. I ran the detect and repair, no help. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook from the 2003 Office package and it would not open at all, instead getting stuck at "Migrating Settings". After waiting a half hour, I killed that window and instead tried to rec...

Users name in 9.0
I have just updated my company to 9.0. I realize that the users name is now case sensitive. However, How can I see what the user name is stored as? I have user name "Jack" in the Tools - System - Users menu, but his case sensitive name to log in is "jack". If he tries to capitalize his name, the system gives him an error. I would like to see what the system is validating the users name to so that I can help users know what the correct user name is. To be clear, it is the id that the user enters when logging into GP, not the name. Are you saying that the id...

Email display ACTUAL From:, not persons name?
Outlook 2003 sp2... I receive emails from certain businesses which sometimes winds up in the Junk E-mail folder. I need to be able to easily see the REAL email address rather than the name of the person sending the email. These businesses have many different people working there and I do not know their names. But I would recognize the REAL email address as being from a business where I want to read the email. Also I get junk email in my inbox which looks like email I would want to read, but one look at the REAL email address and I would know it is junk. The "From:" field in ...

Workbook has [Group] at the end of teh file name when opened
The file name on the drive does not show tis [Group] but the workbook when opened does as part of the header in the blue bar where the fi,e name for the workbook sits?? My other workbooks that are similar in nature do not have the [Group] after it. Mike You have more than one sheet selected. Look at the tabs on the bottom of the window. You'll see that at least a couple are selected. To ungroup them: You can select a different sheet or you can rightclick on any of the grouped sheets and choose Ungroup Sheets. The good (and bad) thing about having grouped sheets is that almost any...

E8602 Failed to read from database and Read/Write error in named ...
I tracked through and figured out what the problem is-- the Backup Agent RPC Server does not elegantly handle emails featuring attachments that themselves are emails-- especially if the attached email itself has (large) attachments. Go to the folder identified in the job log as having generated the Read/Write error in named pipes. Sort the messages by message size (adding that to the display columns if necessary). Look for emails that are large that have, as the attachment(s) only other emails. These are almost certainly your culprits. You can delete these emails if they are not needed, or yo...

Query:When 1 field in a table is not = to another field (same tab
Does anybody know how I can do the following? I want to query a table to find when one field in that table does not match one of two other fields. The table in question pulls together data from several sources, and we want to find results where the one field does not have the same info as one or the other of the other two similar fields. For example, say we are discussing favorite color. Field A has it as "blue." If field B or C, or both also have it as "blue," we don't want to see that in our results. If field A has it as "blue" and neither B or C have...

Unable to get email w/o entering user name / passwrd each time
I recently reloaded Outlook 2000 on to a new PC machine running WIndows XP - home edition. I configured a new email account using standard procedures, now everytime I want to send / receive email I'm prompted to enter my user name and password. Even though all the (save password) boxes are checked, Outlook requires me to re-enter each time. I'm also encountering the same problem on select websites where the user name / password has been selected for memory. Any ideas? ...

Formula
I hope I can explain this clearly. I need advise on how to write a formula that will: 1) look thru a string of cells in a column for a match to a number specified in another cell 2)then return the person name located in the cell next to the match Sounds simple except ther will be multiple matches to the number and each match can have a different name. I need to show all the names that match, seperated by a comma, in this one cell. The VLOOKUP function should do this. If the value to be matched is in A1 and the list of data is in B1:C100, then use =VLOOKUP(A1,B1:C100,2,FAL...

Satisfying two variables entered via popup
Hi I'm trying to satisfy two criteria via variables entered through popups. Essentially , I need a routine that finds a criteria in one column and matches it with a second column. Having identified the two , a further popup replaces the criteria in the second column. It would be something like this : 1st Popup requests a column 2nd popup requests a value within that column 3rd popup request a second column 4th popup requests a value within that column 5th popup requests a value to replace the value from popup 4. These might be the choices : B Open G 7.5...

550 5.7.1 Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed
I get the following error message when trying to send mail using POP3 service. 550 5.7.1 Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed Can you please help? Hook 'em Horns! Oh, try setting your server to authenticate under your Account Properties on the server tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, UTLonghorn asked: | I get the following error message when trying to send | mail u...

Invalid Column Name Error
I just added several new attributes to my CRM via Deployment Manager. They were all identical with the exception of the name. After publishing, I am now getting an error when trying to open an account record "Invalid column name 'CFSMultiBranch_Locs'." The name appears to be a valid name (no spaces, dashes, etc). Any clues as to how to fix this one? Thanks in advance! try restarting IIS "WFD" wrote: > I just added several new attributes to my CRM via Deployment Manager. They > were all identical with the exception of the name. After publishing, I am no...

adding business name of customer to invoice
Can I customize my invoice design to show the business name in addition to the customer name in the address area on the invoices? This is not one of the check box options. (Why not?) Tazz3L wrote: > Can I customize my invoice design to show the business name in > addition to the customer name in the address area on the invoices? > This is not one of the check box options. (Why not?) Are you talking about an invoice created in Microsoft Money (what version and type?) or Microsoft Access the database problem? -- Joseph Meehan Dia duit Joseph Meehan wrote: > Tazz3L wr...

owa 2000 requires domain name
We recently reinstalled our Exchange 2000 server, which is the only Exchange server in the domain. Now when we use OWA users are required to put in their username@domainname or domain\username, which they never had to do before. A consultant set it up and we just want to know how we fix this. Not sure if we add the domain name in authentication under IIS MMC, if we need to restart any services or if I am not looking in the right area. I tried adding just a \ as well as the domain under basic authentication in IIS console and neither seem to do anything. Does anyone know where to check? If yo...