enter value in a cell from a combo box

How to build a combo box to be able to select a value and enter in the cell
0
Aniuska (1)

1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox
2. Click on the "Combobox" icon once and draw one on your
worksheet (hold down the ALT button to fit to a cell).
3. Right-click on the Combobox and go to Properties.
4. In the ListFillRange type in the range of cells that
contain the values to fill the combobox, like A1:A5.
5. In the LinkedCell field type a cell reference that
will contain the user's selection (ie E2).
6. Click on the Exit Design Mode icon and close the
toolbar.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
2/7/2005 2:26:21 PM
Another option that looks very similar is Data|Validation.

See Debra Dalgleish's site:

--

Dave Peterson
0

negative time values?
F103=SUM(F94)-(F102) could someone tell me how to format this cell to get the correct answer, current format is [h].mm;#;[Red]-[h].mm; and its giving me a value of 1 and it should be -18:22 F94=218:18 F102=236:40 Thank you, Steve Try using this format: [h].mm;[Red]-[h].mm;#; by default, the second field is for negative numbers, the third for zero. Yours had negative numbers returning a single digit. In article <8Qyec.100$NJ5.0@newsfe5-gui.server.ntli.net>, "Steven" <me@where.why> wrote: > F103=SUM(F94)-(F102) > > could someone tell me how to fo...

How do I create a combo box that is tied to another combo box?
I am trying to create a combo box that is associated with yet another combo box. So, for example, I have a combo list currently, but I'd like another list (a sub-list) to pop up with each input in the combo list. Is this possible? Could you live with Data Validation dropdown lists instead of combocbox? See Debra Dalgleish's site for how-to and a sample workbook. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:26:03 -0800, rosamaria <rosamaria @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a com...

AutoFilter list of values
When I activate the auto filter, a drop down lists the unique values within the column. How could I get this list of unique values? Hi RJH, As far as I know this can only be done with advanced filter. Select Data-Filter-Advanced Filter and check the Unique records only box. Cheers, JF. Another way to extract the list of unique values Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"",ROW()) Put in B1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),C:C,0))) Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last ro...

Display percent and value on stacked column chart
I'm displaying cumulative $ totals from 3 sales groups on a 100% stacked column chart. We've recently exceeded 100% of our total $ goal so the chart isn't able to display the amount above 100%. If I switch to a standard stacked column chart, I can't choose the display percentage option. I downloaded the Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler but I can't get it to display what I want. Perfect world would be displying the dollar value of each sales group in the column segments and showing percent of total goal on the y-axis. I would even be okay with showing the dollar valu...

Changing Of Column Values ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and Windows7 This sure seems "funny," and was hoping someone might explain it for me: In B1 I have the value 154.22 In B2 I have the value 33.74 In E1 I have 154000000 In E2 I have 33740000 I copy from Column E, and do a Paste Special in Column B Column B looks correct, as it has in: B1 the value 154220000 B2 the value 33740000 But- E1 has changed to 1.5422E+14 E2 has changed to 3.374E+13 In the Paste Special dialog box that came up I selected for Paste: Values, and Operation: None As the values in B look correct, I'...

protect cell formatting
Excel 2003 - I have a spreadsheet that has various cells with different types of formatting - ie: bold / shade / font size etc. When a user copies / pastes from text from 1 cell to another, it carries over the formatting as well as the text - I want just the text to be copied. Instead of "regular" Paste - try 'PasteSpecial' > Values' > 'OK' Micky "David" wrote: > Excel 2003 - I have a spreadsheet that has various cells with different types > of formatting - ie: bold / shade / font size etc. When a user copies / pastes >...

Excel VBA-vlookup combo box problem
Hi can someone please help me. I have created a worksheet in which i have Vlookup formulaes reading o another worksheet which has combobox with drop down lists and linke cells. Everything works apart from the comboboxes whose populate linked cells are not being recognised by the v-lookup function. Th Vlookup is as follows: vlookup(e18,'policy'!c5:098,7,false) The data within the combo box is a mixture of text and numerical e. L32H11-1, EM2H11-1 I have put a double minus sign in front of e18 and it returns #value! Can someone please help me. thanking you in anticipation Saik ...

Combining Text and numbers from two cells
Hi all please help i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula? thanks Andrew -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492631 Hi! Try this: A1 = 6000 B1 = aaa =B1&"-"&A1 Biff "koba" <koba.1zwtbm_1134361504.8695...

Query Box...
I have a Report named Drilling Invoice. I want to have a query box that comes up when I click on the report and has a place for "BillTo:" , "WellName:" , and "Invoice#". Now I have the paramform box and works fine but I want it to be on one popup box... Does this make sense? Thanks Stephen -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com" <u32891@uwe> wrote in message news:738b89ce9012f@uwe... >I have a Report named Drilling Invoice. I want to have a query box that >comes > up when I click...

List Box on main form
Hi I have a list box on my main form which shows all entries in the database. I am really struggling now, this is what I have so far and it works. ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[AssetNos] = '" & Me![List80] & "'" If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark What I want to do is when I click a particular record the record shows in the relevant fields on the form ready for editing. My find next record button just goes down the list, not very practic...

Cell Reference in text
Is it possible to insert a cell reference in the middle of text? Mike, If I understand your question, you want to do something like ="Some text "&A1&" more text" -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mike P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072c01c3b833$f20d32e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to insert a cell reference in the middle > of text? Yes, depending what it is you have to deal with it differently ="So fair thou art my bonnie...

Simple Error Dialogue box
Hi, I have the text "Enter date here" in cell C1. A user needs to override this with a date before clickling a button on the sheet to run a macro. How can I add code to this button to ensure that a date is entered? That is, if they forget to enter a date, I would like a box to pop up reminding them to enter one. Thanks Rob Try something like: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() If Not IsDate([C1].Value) Then MsgBox "Please enter a date in C1!" [C1].Value = "Enter date here" Exit Sub Else 'Rest of code here End If End Sub --- HTH Jason A...

inserting comments on protected cells
I have a multiuser spreadsheet and like to turn on the protection to protect locked cells. I leave certain cells unlocked for them to put in values but it won't let them insert comments. Is there anyway to protect my worksheet but still let users insert comments into unlocked cells? Ian, when you protect the sheet check allow users to edit objects -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Ian" <Ian@discuss...

using a bar code reader need to drop down a cell automaticaly once data is entered
i need to use a bar code reader (this is just a high speed keyboard) i click the button then it types the bar code data in the current cell once that is done i need to automaticaly "drop down" to the cell below to continue with the next bar code reading i tried to get a macro to do this "drop down a cell"problem is i cant get a macro to run until i exit the active cell therfore i am stuck in a loop any ideas Hi John, Do you have a <cr> at the end of the data? -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "john iles" <john.iles@rockwell.com> wrote in mess...

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?
or can I define one ? I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use right click menu every time Regards, Sirritys Ctrl+V -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee ) "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154506998.485777.116140@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > or can I define one ? > > I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use > right click menu every time > > Regards, > Sirritys > It is quite easy to define a...

Sorting cells with formatting #3
I've a spreadsheet where I formatted certain cells with fills and borders. When I sort the cells, the formatting stays and did not move with the cells. Is it possible to sort the cells such that the format stays with the specific cells? Thanks ...

Adding cells from two columns with contact into one cell
I want to know if it is possible to add content from two columns into one cells with multiple criteria. example. column 1 criteria is either AM or PM and I have to beable to distinguish between the two. Column 2 is scheduled, unscheduled, tardy, etc., column 2 has like seven different criteria. Is there a way of doing this? Not sure whether this is what you are looking for. Try the below in cell C2 with your text value in A2 and B2... =IF(AND(SUM(COUNTIF(A2,{"AM","PM"})), SUM(COUNTIF(B2,{"scheduled","unscheduled","tardy"}))),A2&...

OFFICE 2000
Hi, I got Office 2000 installed on my PC, please tell me if there is any add-ins or upgrading to make it cabaple to protect a sheet but specify some certian sells to be unprotected, so users can change only these cells and check how the calculations goes. many thanks, AG Hi At start you have to lock/unlock the cells on Format.Cells.Protection tab (from menu Format, then Cells... etc.), after that protect the sheet. For cells set to 'locked' editing will be restricted, for cells set to 'unlocked' it will be allowed. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address ...

Font Size in Forms Combo Box
Is there any way to increase the font size of the displayed data in th forms Combo Box?? Et3rna -- Et3rna ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Et3rnal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=445 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26307 Hi AFAIK you can't change this size -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Et3rnal wrote: > Is there any way to increase the font size of the displayed data in > the forms Combo Box?? > > Et3rnal ...

Text and a Link to a Date in Another Cell
How can I write "...as of February 25, 2005" in a cell when I put the words in one cell and link to the date in another cell. Right now, I am using the following formula: ="...as of "&B4 where B4 has the date. The result is ...as of 38405. I want to change the 38405 format to the February 22, 2005 format, but can't remember how. Thanks! One way: ="...as of " & TEXT(B4,"mmmm dd, yyyy") In article <1109367195.269014.173080@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, TKrepitch@aol.com wrote: > How can I write "...as of February ...

"You tried to assign a Null value..."
Hope I can be helped! Here’s the error message: “You tried to assign a Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type”. Here’s the setup: tblContacts ContactID tblChapters ChapterID tblChapterMembers ChapterMemberID ContactID ChapterID (which is a bad design since a contact can only be a member of one chapter, but that’s how I designed it) The row source for subfrmChapterMembers is SELECT Chapter.ChapterID, Chapter.ChapterName FROM Chapter; frmContacts is based on tblContacts. I have subformChapterMembers on frmContacts. Not all contacts belong to a chapter. If I leave t...

combo box 01-04-08
Is there a way to subdue lines in a combo box based on condition? Ex: My combo shows all clients. One column indicates "Inactive" for those that are inactive, others are blank. I would like those "Inactive" lines to be a different color from the blank lines. Is there a way? -- Thanks for your help, Chrissy No, this cannot be done in a combo box. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDE642C1-0015-4B77-AA0F-523591AC262A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to subdue lines in...

Adding Value to Cell Reference
The following formula is in Cell A1 =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F14:F20) When I COPY this formula to Cell A2, I would like to be able to add a value to specify which row in Sheet1 I want the formula to refer to. For example, if I copy the formula to the next cell, I'd like to be able to use a variable, say B1 (where B1 =3) to make the copied formula look like this (adding B1 value to F14 and F20 references to get): =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F17:F23) Can someone explain how? Why don't you just use the actual row number? B1 = 17 =AVERAGE(INDEX(Sheet1!F:F,B1):INDEX(Sheet1!F:F,B1+6)) Which translates to:...

How do I sum a number of columns and ignore the minimum value?
=SUM(A:G,-MIN(A:G)) However, this only removes the min. value once. If the minimum value appears several times and you want to ignore all instances of it, then use: =SUM(A:G,-SUMIF(A:G,MIN(A:G))) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >. > Nicole =SUM(A1:M1)- MIN(A1:M1) If you have ties for MIN, only one will get dropped. =SUM(IF(A1:M1<>MIN(A1:M1),A1:M1)) entered with CRTL + SHIFT + ENTER will SUM only cells that are greater than MIN(drop all MIN's) Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:41:06 -0800, Nicole <Nicole@discussions.micros...

System.Windows.Controls default values
Does anyone know how to determine default values of a UIElement derived object? eg. colour of a TextBox BorderBrush? I set a colour on an error condition, and once that error condition has been rectified I reset the colour to the original value. I may need to store original textbox border colour values of textboxes on startup, but out of curiosity, is there a way of getting at default values eg. if no attribute has been defined in the underlying XAML? Sorted this one out: TextBox t = (TextBox)sender; t.BorderBrush = null; // Revert to default. This does the jo...