Enter key will no longer return to begining of next row

From one worksheet to the next, the enter key will only
activate the cell directly below the current cell.  What
Have I done to change the direction? Have checked the
direction selection in Options and as suggested by MS Help
made sure the Down was selected. Doesn't change a thing.
Help!
0
anonymous (74722)

Sandy

look in Tools | Options | and on the Edit tab check what's in "Move
selection after Enter"

Regards

Trevor

"Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> From one worksheet to the next, the enter key will only
> activate the cell directly below the current cell.  What
> Have I done to change the direction? Have checked the
> direction selection in Options and as suggested by MS Help
> made sure the Down was selected. Doesn't change a thing.
> Help!

0
Trevor9259 (673)
1/21/2004 10:44:01 PM
Sandy

See answer to your earlier post.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:12:35 -0800, "Sandy"

>From one worksheet to the next, the enter key will only
>activate the cell directly below the current cell.  What
>Have I done to change the direction? Have checked the
>direction selection in Options and as suggested by MS Help
>made sure the Down was selected. Doesn't change a thing.
>Help!

0
Gord

can i reinstall the software without having to buy another key?
My computer crashed after getting hit with a nasty virus and i lost everything. Can i reinstall my microsoft office home and student 2007 without having to buy a new license? I already used all 3 licenses in the pkg. on my family computers. If you have the installation disk and its currently installed on 2 or less working PC's (The license is for 3 working installations) If as you say its allready running on 3 PC's then you would need to purchase the Office version you require (ie a complete pkge) "snackmonkey" <snackmonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

How do I locate my product key number
I did not receive a confirmation e-mail with my product key number when I downloaded the 60-day free trial of Microsoft Office 2007. How do I locate it? You need that email. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Pat77" <Pat77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7222010-D27B-4C82-BA5F-4994154BA0E3@microsoft.com... >I did not receive a confirmation e-mail with my product key number when I > downloaded the 60-day free trial of Microsoft Office 2007. How do I > l...

Copy certain rows to new worksheet
Hi everyone I have 5 worksheets in my workbook. In each sheet, column A is left empty for the user to select a number from 1 through 6. This is actually for ranking the rows (1 being best, 2 second best and so on) Ranks 1 to 6 might be all on one sheet or they may all be on different sheets. I would like to have a summary that will copy these rows (1 through 6) onto a separate worksheet, done by macro or vba. Perhaps by looping through each worksheet and doing a copy?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave On Sep 15, 6:03=A0am, Dave <Dave.Bea...@lhsc.on.ca> wrote: > Hi ev...

HR: Not all required fields have been entered
I'm attempting to enter a new employee, it looks like I have all required fields entered, but I'm still getting this error message. Anything else for me to look for or pay attention to? THanks! PS: I've entered many new employees in, what I think is exactly the same way, and never had this error stop me. ...

A get/change next operation on table 'POP_PO' is for an invalid ke
Hi: I am trying to setup PO Enhancement in one company. After marking on Activate Approvals and hitting on OK button, the process runs, but at 2% run it gives me above mentioned error. This is with the one company. Other company is ok, I ran it and worked fine. What could be the reason. Thanks Naseer Ahmed ! I would recommend that you have all users logged out of great plains and then Run Grant.sql which should be on any of the client machines. Having done that, try the process again. If you are still stuck, let me know how you get along with it. "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" w...

Returning last number(time) in a row of cells
Need some help with this one please; Row A4 thru J4 A4 B4 C4 D4 E4 F4 G4 H4 I4 J4 12:00 15:00 16:00 I need to return to cell K4 the last number in the above row. I do not know what formula to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There are several ways to achieve that, - here are two: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9398/nonamegi.png Micky "v1rt8" wrote: > Need some help with this one please; > Row A4 thru J4 > A4 B4 C4 D4 E4 F4 G4 H4 I4 J4 > 12:00 15:00 16:00 > ...

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie Hi Bernie This example loop through row 1 - 100 on the activesheet and if the value in A is the same as in Sheets("Yoursheet").Range("A1").Value in delete the row Maybe you can use a Autofilter if you have many rows (faster) See this page for more info http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm Sub Example2() Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long Dim StartRow As Long Dim End...

Deleting all even numbered rows?? Help
I have some data up to row 2200. Unfortunately, the data was capture with a glitch, to where all even numbered rows (2, 4, 6,.....2200 contain bogus data. I want to delete all even numbered rows in the spreadsheet, and hav the 1100 odd numbered rows shift up, so I have only 1100 rows of th real data on the spreadsheet -- Yel26 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Yel268's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1570 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27234 Hi one way: - in a helper c...

Registering multiple MS Office product keys
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have home & student Office with 3 different product keys on the back of the DVD sleeve - so I'm assuming 3 licences. The product key i find in About is different from any of the 3 on the back of the and this product key is the only one that is accepted when I register. Hence I cannot seem to use the product on more than one mac at the same time. Any thoughts? Thanks In article <ee98108.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, anniee@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (L...

Server will not relay mail
I'm getting an error that the exchange server from one exchange 2000 server in one office "will not RELAY mail" to any address on another exchange 2003 Server in another office. Mail to any other destination works fine on either Server and mail between these 2 offices was flowing fine until last week. There is nothing set in Message Filtering. Do those servers belong to the same Exchange Organization? Does the Exchange 2003 server receive mail from other locations? Can you telnet port 25 of that server? -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/member...

GridView
Hello, I have a GridView with a number of rows in it. I need to scroll up and down the grid view in order to see all the rows. The problem is, when I scroll down, and highlight a row, then click "submit", when the new page is rendered, the GridView shows the first row, not the row that I show highlighted (after scrolling down and clicking on submit). How can I fix this problem in both IE and Firefox? Thanks Jason On Dec 12, 12:54=A0pm, Jason <jason.wu...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a GridView with a number of rows in it. =A0I need to sc...

Re: Stop next cell being selected on Enter
I don't know why Excel reacts this way, but when the worksheet is protected, make sure that the user is allowed to select both locked and unlocked cells. They still won't be able to make changes to the locked cells, but this will prevent the cursor from moving. "Ken G." <KenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:517AD5C2-AB5C-4BA5-A832-9DC74B4BEEB5@microsoft.com... > I have a sheet which has only 3 input cells, but only one input cell is > required for a user in a given state. I've disabled the "move selection after > enter" function ...

Return cell characters after space
I have a cell with 'Mr J. Smith' and want to return in another cell 'Smith'. As there are many other examples, I need a function that will seek out the last ' ' in the cell content and then return all characters to the right hand-side of this ' '. e.g. 'Mr K Peters' would return 'Peters' Please let me know if I can clarify! Hi Andy =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",255)),255)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Andy" wrote: > I have a cell with 'Mr J. Smith' and want to return in an...

New license key for upgrades from 3.0 to 4.0
Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0. My current 3.0 license is not being accepted! Thanks in advance, ~Maria Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads. The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5CAE82E-A779-4FFD-9D72-3E0E02D3580C@microsoft.com... Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted d...

current row in formula
How do I use a reffer to a current row in formula Example: A1*B1/C1 A&Row()*B&Row()/C&Row The example above doesent work but want column to be fixed and row depending on the row it's actully is current. I want to formula to be working when I copy it from one sheet to the other. Cheers, w =INDIRECT("A"&ROW())*INDIRECT("B"&ROW())/INDIRECT("C"&ROW()) -- David Biddulph "willemeulen" <willemeulen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD15A0F8-263D-4306-B042-C61704D32B73@microsoft.co...

Blank row #2
I'm entering numbers under a colum, I need the total sum of the colum; But after I enter the last number 221 and press enter it always needs to skip with a blank row or cell ? it does not mater how many rows I enter, I need a blank cell before the total. Thank you very much. JA ex: 123 222 111 221 ---> Here is where I need the blank row allways 677 This is the total sum File Attached: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=334735 (book1.xls) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages dir...

Removing Duplicate Rows
HI, I HAVE A FILE WITH 11,000 ROWS, MANY OF WHICH ARE DUPLICATES. FILE ONLY HAS 2 COLUMNS. IS THERE AN EASY WAY TO REMOVE ALL DUPLICATE ROWS? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR KIND HELP. MATT -- bvinternet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bvinternet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25525 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389619 Yes, explore the Advanced filter (menu Data>Filter>Advanced Filter) Regards, KL "bvinternet" <bvinternet.1sn26a_1122149106.90...

Create macro for "Ctrl + [" shortcut key??
I normally use the "Ctrl + [" shortcut key to jump to a Precedent reference in a formula/link, however I recently moved to Sweden where the keyboard layout is different and I am unable to find this shortcut and have been unable to create a macro for this function. Does anyone know how to get around this problem using a keyboard with a different layout (I've already tried changing keyboard layout and language settings) or does anyone know how to create a macro which replicates this function??? (I've already tried using the "Edit - Go To - Special - Precedent" functi...

Deleting/removing unused rows in a worksheet
Excel 2007 all MS updates Is it possible to delete rows without ANY data automatically? Currently, I have a 2000+ row spreadsheet that has 250+ blank rows. Instead of doing this manually, how can the removal or deletion (squishing!) of the blank rows be done? For example, say I have a spreadsheet with data in rows 1, 2,4,6,8 and 12. All I really need are THESE rows with data. I want to squish, eliminate, delete the rows in 3,5,7,9,10,11. How can I do this by 'highlighting' or whatever the entire set (rows 1-12 above) and then performing an "delete empty row"...

Outlook 2000 will not close #2
I am running Outlook 2000 on WinXP. When I goto close Outlook it hangs up at the screen "Please Wait While Microsoft Outlook Exits." This started happening after I tried a beta copy of Office 2003 on another pc of mine on our network. I have tried reinstalling Outlook but it still does the same thing. I have even formatted my pc. Does anyone have any clue as to how to fix this? Thanks, I am having the same issue here, have you found a resolution to this yet? >-----Original Message----- >I am running Outlook 2000 on WinXP. > >When I goto close Outlook it hangs up...

Payroll date ranges entered in the build check process should car.
When entering a payroll check build a date range is required, but it does not print on any one of the payroll reports following the process of check calculation, etc. ...

Next version of Office for Mac #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anyone know when Office 2010 for Mac will be ready for the public to buy? On 10/18/09 12:32 PM, in article 59b7ede0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "codywilliams@officeformac.com" <codywilliams@officeformac.com> wrote: > Does anyone know when Office 2010 for Mac will be ready for the public to buy? They are saying holiday season 2010. -- Diane codywilliams@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Does anyone know...

sound no longer works after windows update
Brand new box. Dell Precision T3500. I came into work this morning, and apparently Windows Update had run overnight. Now, I have no sound capability whatsoever. I go to Sounds applet and on Volume tab it says "No Audio Device". On all tabs, every option is disabled/greyed-out : Device Volume, Speaker Settings, Sound Playback, Sound Recording, MIDI music playback, Voice playback, Voice recording. John Grandy wrote: > Brand new box. Dell Precision T3500. > > I came into work this morning, and apparently Windows Update had run > overnight. &g...

Entourage EWS No Longer pulling mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Running the latest Mac Office updates and the appropriate version of Exchange for EWS. <br><br>All of a sudden this week (seems to have been happening since the new year) EWS clients are no longer pulling mail as soon as it is available on Exchange. There is a 20-30 min delay before mail is delivered. I've seen this with a couple of my customers, for both incoming mail and calendar events. We solved it by emptying the cache. <br><br>1. Control/Right-click on the...

word "calculate" will not go away
I have an Excel file that is doing something odd. First of all, Excel 9 SP2. Now when I open this file it has tons of formulas and it can bot auto-update or manually update just fine. The problem is when it's don crunching numbers the word "calculate" shows up on the bottom of th Excel window in the status bar on the far left and will not go awa even if I close the suspect file causing it. I can keep the Exce program itself open and continue to open other workbooks and the wor calculate still stays present in the status bar. Close the Exce program, reopen and all other Excel file...