enter data in cell then run macro automatically

Hi,

Is it possible that I can enter data into a cell and then the pressing of
the enter key will cause a macro to run?

Rick

0
RDS9728 (39)

Yes.

That type of macro is run from Event code.

For more on events see Chip Pearson's site at

Or David McRitchie's site at

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:04:42 -0000, "R D S" <RDS@members.v21.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible that I can enter data into a cell and then the pressing of
>the enter key will cause a macro to run?
>
>Rick

0
Gord
1/25/2005 9:51:38 PM
Yes..

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"R D S" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible that I can enter data into a cell and then the pressing of
> the enter key will cause a macro to run?
>
> Rick

0
PeoSjoblom (789)

Migrating Data From ACT to CRM Using DMF?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully migrated data from an ACT v6 database, to CRM 3? If so, could they supply some steps, or information on how they did it, plus if they ran into any problems! I've had a quick look at the DMF xls spreadsheets, and the wizards, which don't seem to complicated, however its importing the data from ACT to CDF using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) to populate the CDF that looks a bit complex. I think I read somewhere that you have to write some coding in sql to do this, correct? Also I've read some posts t...

Keep last entered date on form
I am curious to know if a TextBox on a form can be set to the last date that was in the TextBox. I have this little piece of code that sets the TextBox to the current date. Private Sub TDATE_Click() TDATE.Value = Date End Sub However, as I think about it, I will enter dates using the form, but the date, and related data, may not be today; I may enter data, and related dates, for yesterday or two days ago, so I’d like to click the TextBox and have the date be today’s date or if I choose another date, such as yesterday, keep this date in that TextBox, for the next record t...

How to learn to write macros
Hello All, Can someone tell me the links where i can learn how to write macros - i would prefer to do simple things with my macro such as copy information from several sheets to one sheet, find the average,sum..etc of cell values from different worksheets Here's one starting point - scroll down to the bottom of the sheet for VBA: http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 10, 3:06=A0pm, "Raveendiran RR" <ravi.gyang...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello All, > > Can someone tell me the links where i can learn how to write macros...

Using cell reference with logical operator in DGET expression
I am using DGET to search an array in the worksheet to find a particular percent to use in a calculation elsewhere in the spreadsheet. The row members of the array contain a series of from and to values that I use to identify which row has the percent I am looking for. I have defined the array as a range and I can use the logical operatirs with numeric values in the range criteria and everything works fine. For example, I can use <500 in the appropriate cell in range criteria to find the percent to use when the value for that column in the array is less than 500. All working f...

reference cell above even if row deleted
I would like to be able to reference a cell imediately above the current cell even if the row above that cell had just been deleted. For instance: contents of A5: =A4+$B$1 then delete row 4 and rather than have contents of A4:#REF!+$B$1 have it A4:A3+$B$1 Is there some way to do this? Thanks for any tips. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You can use the OFFSET function: =OFFSET(A5,-1,0)+$B$1 John Keith wrote: > I would like to be able to reference a cell imediately above the > current cell even if the row above that cell had just been deleted. > > For instance: > > conte...

delete data between subtotals
I would like to delete all data between my subtotals without the subtotals changing. I tried to collapse the whole sheet and to copy the then visible data (with paste values only). this did not work. is there any other way to get rid of data between subtotals? appreciate your help. please see attachement. Attachment filename: illustration_1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=446537 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see Peo's response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

Macro to Keep Linked Workbooks Updated
Using Excel 2000/XP. We have store locations that dial in using VPN to place their orders on a file on the server. This files links to history files so they have a running history of their previous orders. If someone inside the home office network accesses the file, the links have to be updated because the path they access the file is different from the VPN connection. The same applies if I were to access the files from the server itself. Is there a Macro that will tell the workbook where the linked files are located regardless of how and from where the file is opened? Thanks in advance!...

SumIFS Cell
I am trying to reference a cell in a formula and I would like to say anything greater then cell J2 but when I input this it searches for text. =SUMIFS($B$2:$B$27,$A$2:$A$27,"000001",$C$2:$C$27,>D2) A B C D 1 00001 100 40248 40248 2 12001 150 40237 3 15001 200 40237 4 00001 150 40290 5 00001 50 40350 I would like the total to return 200 because Cell C5 and C4 are larger than Cell D1 in respect to the Sku number I would like to sum. But when I put in >J2 it enters “>J2” and it won’t return a value other then 0. (If I put in just D2 then it returns a valu...

Macro Question
I am familiar with the Macro tool. Where I fall down is when I attempt to have it go to a cell that changes from sheet to sheet. As an example, I want it to highlight all of the cells on a sheet with data and format the font size and color. The first two rows are always in bold, but everything else is not. Each month the data changes so the list varies, thus the problem. My recorder picks up the first and last cell I went to the last time I used it, so I need it to seek the last cell with data (whatever that may be each month) without having to rewrite the macro. Any ideas for a "one-siz...

outlook macro security issue
Hi All, In my Outlook I have set security level Low. Even though I am unable to run macros in my outlook but I am able to run word and excel. When tryied to run a macro I am getting following message. I set secrurity level low using the menu Tools>Macros>security. "The macro in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentaion of host application to determine how to enable macros." Please help me with the solution. Thanks & Regards Ramesh -- ramserp After changin the security level you need to restart Outl...

Table Cell
I have created a form using a table. I want to lock or block cells that should not be changed. How do you do this? ...

Automatic backup in excel with copy to hard drive and to cd-rw
How do I get Excel to either automatically backup to hard drive and cd-rw, or even when I hit save icon, go ahead and save to hard drive and cd-rw. I already have auto save setup but backup file goes to same hard drive folder as origianl copy. Kind of defeats the purpose of a system crash and wanting a copy on removable media. Thanks for your help! This Word macro auto-saves a copy to a floppy drive. You should be able to edit it to save to the hard drive and CDRW, too. You'll also change some stuff to make it an Excel macro: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=203 *...

Macro to add a connection point to the center of every circle in a dwg
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to add a connection point that is relative to a shape, such as the center of a circle. I'm used to doing this in Autocad, but not in visio. Can someone show me how to make a macro or know if one already esists that can find all the circle shapes in a drawing, and insert a connection point at the center of each one. (Usiing visio2003) Thanks in advance.. You might try something like this, Al ' this is called by the following routine to add a standard set of ' connections to the rectangles used Public Function funcAddConnectionPointToS...

Cell Protection #8
Hello: I am using the UserInterfaceOnly to protect my worksheet. I have it placed in the workbook object. Unfortunately, after the workbook is open the user can Tools>>Protection>>Unprotect Sheet. Is there a way to password out this option? I would like the user to have access to only the standard toolbar, is there a method to stop them from enabling various toolbars, menus options and manipulating the sheet, etc. Kind regards, D.Parker Wouldn't it be simpler to use a password that the user doesn't know? And don't forget to protect your project. In th...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

jumping data
hi i have a form which shows customer details, and this has a subform where you can enter the date and notes about the customer. the subform is in a datasheet view. so everytime you want to add some notes about the customer, you enter the date and write the notes. there are many customers on the database, and we make quite a few notes for each customer. Now when i go into the customer and put in a note, then come out and go back into it, the data has moved up a few columns and goes into the wrong place, rather than stay in the same place where it was entered. also when...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

How do you move the curser around in a cell
What do mean by "cursor" and what do you want to do? HTH Otto "krisf" <krisf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BD5F197-4745-4FD3-95BE-80A10897020F@microsoft.com... > ...

Add shortcut keystroke to existing macro?
Is there a simple line of code I can add to an existing macro to assign a shortcut keystroke to it? Thank you. Ed You can go to Macro/Play Macro/Options and enter a shortcut key there Ed wrote: > Is there a simple line of code I can add to an existing macro to assign a > shortcut keystroke to it? > > Thank you. > Ed > > Thanks, Scott. I appreciate the help. Ed "scott" <scott@mail.mail.com> wrote in message news:%23sA6He1vDHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > You can go to Macro/Play Macro/Options and enter a shortcut key there > > > ...

how do i create a macro to export a chart to powerpoint?
Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to powerpoint. When I try to record the sequence it falls over at the 'copy' stage. Hi, Have you seen Jon's page on the subject? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "NPAT" <NPAT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE9FBC41-25D4-4A27-8CBF-CF0F8E55D838@microsoft.com... > Can anyone give me any tips to create a macro to export data to > powerpoint. > When I try to record the sequence it falls over at ...

Running Totals
Hi, everyody. I have prepard a worksheet that logs electicity meter readings. Against each reading I want the previous added to the current so I can view a running total of the electricity used for the year each week. Example: Column G shows the KWH used for that week. Column H shows the number of KWH used as a running total. This works okay with (H2)+(G3) H2 being the previous week's total. My problem is, when auto inserting the whole year's column the last entry shows all the way to the bottom of the worksheet. Is there a formula I can use so that the part of the column...

Field on utilities windows that displays last time run
I believe it would be very helpful to have a field displayed on all utilities windows within Dynamics-GP that shows the last time the particular utility was run. This will help with troubleshooting items that "disappear" because we will be able to see when someone last ran a utility that could have removed the history. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Moving Data Automaticaly
Can you help I have a table (part shown below) the Date and Day moves automaticaly to left at midnight - is it possible to get the rest of the data to move as well 25-Nov 26-Nov 27-Nov 28-Nov Sun Mon Tue Wed 07:00 07:00 TBA on off on off on off on off 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -- JohnM Please explain meaning of "date and day MOVES to left" Are you using conditionally formatting to highlight the cell with the current date? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bli...

Test linked form for data
Hi Groupies How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data? My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes. The button opens a linked form. When the user moves to the next record, I would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record. I have tried something like: If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle = False Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Please check vehicles", vbOKOnly Me.f...