Enabling shortcut menu

How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click?
When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice
opens Essbase login.
0
Slypaw (1)

AFAIK there is no Option for enabling/disabling shortcut menus. If this is a
business system perhaps your MIS people have modified things in some way.
This would also explain the DblRt+Clk action as that is not a commonly used
technique in Windows applications. Check the Properties of your mouse.

Good Luck |:>)

"Slypaw" wrote:

> How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click?
> When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice
> opens Essbase login.
0
CyberTaz (411)
2/18/2005 5:57:05 PM
You can re-enable the Cell shortcut menu by running this code:

Sub a()
    With CommandBars("Cell")
        .Enabled = True
        .Reset
    End With
End Sub

But if something is running when you start Excel that disables this menu
this will not be a permanent solution.  Finding the cause will be.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Slypaw" <Slypaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click?
| When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice
| opens Essbase login.

0
jrrech (1933)
2/18/2005 6:30:54 PM
Hello,

Click Essbase->Options... Go to the 'Global' tab, and uncheck 'Enable
Secondary Button'.

Regards,
Nate Oliver

"Slypaw" wrote:

> How can I enable the shortcut menu in cells using mouse right click?
> When I right click in a cell now, nothing happens. Right clicking twice
> opens Essbase login.

Adding Context Menu (right click) Options
Hello, I try to add a context menu to an excel sheet. The problem is that I can not identify the current commandbar as it seems that this commandbar is different wether you are in "normal view" or - and that is the problem here - you are in "page Break Preview". If the sheet is in the normal view the following code works fine, but not if I am in the "page Break Preview" Mode. I assume the commandbar will even change if I have a comment in the cell or not and so on ... Is there a way to identify the commandbar that will pop up after the "BeforeRightClick&quo...

Mail Enabled Public Folder Limits
I am currently using the Exchange Standard Edition that came with my SBS server 2003 premium. I have service pack 2 installed. My question is regarding a mail enabled public folder that currently has in its properties in system manager the "Age Limits For Replicas" set for 1 day. I know this is going to sound weird but I need the mail that arrives in that folder to be purged immediately or as fast as possible. Is there any way of speeding this up faster than the limit Microsoft sets at a minimum of one day? I need to use this folder for this purpose and no other folder type will do ...

Excel shortcuts #2
How can i create a shortcut from one excel workbook to another (like links between web pages)? Hi 'Insert - Hyperlink' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Collis" <Collis@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E1335461-B56E-4D05-80AD-3E59411098B8@microsoft.com... > How can i create a shortcut from one excel workbook to another (like links > between web pages)? Control K "Collis" <Collis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1335461-B56E-4D05-80AD-3E59411098B8@microsoft.com... > How can i create a shortc...

Remove a shortcut from desktop using VBA code
I have a program that uses VBA code to creates a shortcut on the desktop. I want another program to remove that shortcut. Can someone show me how to remove a shortcut using VBA code. Thank you very much. -- Larry Di sFile as String sFile = "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop\myShortcut.lnk" Kill sFile obviously change the path and shortcut name to suit Regards, Peter T "Larry" <dietbook@msn.com> wrote in message news:67B17693-9943-460F-B069-345A3FD4D4B9@microsoft.com... >I have a program that uses VBA code to creates a...

Mail enabled universal distibution groups
When I create a mail enabled distribution group in a different domain the RUS stamps the DL with the default recipient policy instead of the policy that I would like it to use and does not put it in the correct Exchange admin group. Can someone explain this or does anyone know of a good article that can shed some more light on what affects the creation of a mail enabled universal group. -- Thanks! Crisoft "Crisoft" <ccisat1crc@hotmail.com> wrote: >When I create a mail enabled distribution group in a different domain the RUS >stamps the DL with the default reci...

Roaming Child Menu's
Operations Manager: Is there a registry setting or other options setting so that when you are inputing a new customer or copying an item that the child menu that pops up doesn't keep moving after every successive press of the COPY or NEW button? Right now the child menu moves every so slightly down and to the right until the command buttons at the bottom are off the screen (in 800x600). You then have to physically move the window to a better location on the screen to finish filling out the form and press OK. I know why MS has that feature, but I dont want it enabled. Anyone have ...

Enable automatic close of incomplete purchase orders upon receive
Certain vendors don't backorder unshipped items. Should be able to automatically close (cancelling unreceived items) POs upon receive. Would love to see this enhancement. Thanks, Jason ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

wrap command shortcut
Hi there. I've looked in the customise toolbar but maybe not well enough. In Excel 2003, I'm looking for a way of being able to just click one button/icon to wrap text in a cell. I need to do this a lot and would like not to have to right click, go to the format cell>alignment tab. Anyone know? Sorry, that button did not exist in 2003 it was added in 2007. You can record a macro to do it and assign it to a custom button. If you put the macro in the Personal Macro Workbook it will be available on that machine all the time. Sub WrapText() ' Keyboard Sho...

Enable LDAP on SBS2003
Hi. We are having a networkable Copier delivered. The copier tech support has asked me to enable LDAP. Can anyone give me some information on how to accomplish this on our SBS2003 r2? Thank you. jdc wrote: > Hi. We are having a networkable Copier delivered. The copier tech > support has asked me to enable LDAP. Can anyone give me some > information on how to accomplish this on our SBS2003 r2? Thank you. LDAP is automatically enabled..... but what you can do with it depends upon (by default) being authenticated. -- /kj Active Directory, the technol...

How do I stop Excel from prompting to enable or disable macros?
My file used to have several Macros, but I've deleted all of them (using Tools-Macros-All Open Workbooks). However, users of this file are still prompted at the beginning to enable/disable the macros. I need to eliminate this step. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Adam Excel 2000 Delete all standard modules. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >My file used to have several Macros, but I've deleted all of them (using >Tools-Macros-All Open Workbooks). However, users of this file are still >prompted at the beginning to enable/disable the m...

Ribbon vs traditional Menu......
Hi, I want to change the ribbon menu format back to the traditional menu format.... can this be done and if so, how? Thank you! Nichelle Learn Ribbon side by side using old office classic menu from http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/MenuAddins.aspx Free Exshail Classic Menu for Excel-2007 http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/Exshail_Classic_Menu.aspx Regards, Shailesh "Nichelle" <Nichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5348158-D0E7-44A6-868C-1851D8DA4ADA@microsoft.com... > Hi, I want to change the ribbon menu format bac...

Issue with enabling Add Ins for Powerpoint
I just purchased PRO Designs to add templates, icons and graphics and I keep getting an error that the add in could not be downloaded even after I try to enable them. In article <E35BC971-8FC6-4B57-BC5D-83E05A36A562@microsoft.com>, Pete in Cali wrote: > I just purchased PRO Designs to add templates, icons and graphics and I keep > getting an error that the add in could not be downloaded even after I try to > enable them. You'll want to contact the add-in's author about this. ============================== PPT Frequently Asked Questions http://w...

Publishing CRM 3.0 via gPO on Vista with UAC enabled
Dear all, I am experiencing problems when publishing the CRM 3.0 client to a non-admin user on a Vista machine with UAC enabled. It seems to be when publishing the application via gPO to the add\remove program list the first steps of the installation are no problem. But after the environment diagnostics wizard the installations stops with the following errors: No Outlook Profile present Not a domain user Not a CRM user After investigation we discovered that the installation starts under the local system account. This is strange behavior because the logged on non-admin user is executin...

Data Selection keyboard shortcuts -Source Data Window
When making scatterplots in Excel 2000, is there a keyboard shortcut to select the data once you are in the Source Data window? This is a very large spreadsheet and standard keyboard data selection shortcuts don't work when the Source Data window is open. When creating the chart, keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctrl+Home; Ctrl+End; Shift, followed by arrow key) should work while you're in the Source Data page of the Chart Wizard. However, after the chart has been created, if you choose Chart>Source Data, you'll have to select the cells with the mouse. Carol Hackney wrote: >...

CFormview Menu
Hi, Hoping someone might be able to help me out. I need to create a CFormView outside the Doc / View and have done this by instantiating a CMDIChildWnd and then calling loadframe (this works ok). The problem that I have is that my menu resource is not loaded when the view is created even though I pass the resource ID when calling LoadFrame. Any ideas anyone????? ...

cannot enable CPropertySheet help button
Hi, I need to call EnableButton(IDHELP) to enable the CPropertySheet's help button but everytime I click the help button or change to other page the help button becomes disabled. What am I missing? Thanks for help. Chi Hi, Does this solve your problem? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;132715 HOWTO: How to Enable the Help Button on a Modal Property Sheet Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if yo...

Is there an easy keyboard shortcut to scroll between worksheets?
I have a workbook in excel with quite a few worksheets, is ther a keyboard short cut to scroll through the worksheets easily? ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdn will cycle through the visible sheets Mike wrote: > > I have a workbook in excel with quite a few worksheets, is ther a keyboard > short cut to scroll through the worksheets easily? -- Dave Peterson ...

Menu bar in word won't pull down
I have Office Mac 2001 and in every other program (excel, power point...) I am able topull down and use my menu bars, get a formatting pallette and have an office assistant EXCEPT in word. The only part of the menu bar that works is the font, which drops down automatically. The rest of the commands highlight put offer no function. HELP! In article <499101c376d2$d6685f80$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "Dawn S" <sunshine73dd@aol.com> wrote: > I have Office Mac 2001 and in every other program (excel, > power point...) I am able topull down and use my menu bars, > get a fo...

Are Shortcuts compatible with CFileDialog?
[MSVC++ .NET, MDE 2002 7.0.9466] When using a CFileDialog to select multiple files which include shortcuts (.lnk's) or "Shell Links", GetNextPathName returns invalid pathnames, like this: E:\temp\bunch_of_links\E:\temp\real_files\foo.dat When 'normal' files are selected, the contents of the lpstrFile buffer used to store the selected filenames contains something like: "E:\temp\real_files[NULL]E:\temp\real_files\foo.dat[NULL]..." But if shortcuts are selected, the buffer contents are something like: "E:\temp\bunch_of_links[NULL]E:\temp\real_files\...

Enabling thread-safe access to a Text file
Hi, I have two threads in my application. Both threads write data to the same text file. I have one class that encapsulates all functions to write data to the file, read from the file, clear it etc. etc.. Let me give you the exact scenario. class A { protected: CTextFile m_File; } > I have two threads in my application. Both threads write > data to the same text file... [and] > class A... I don't think that File class are thread safe by nature so you have to do all the work... I would make all class A member functions use thread sychronization MFC class namely CCri...

Rules Wizard not in Tools Menu #2
I do not have the choice to select anything that says "Rules Wizard" under the Tools Menu. Anyone have an idea why this is? Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in a mail folder when looking for the RUles Wizard on the Tools menu? >-----Original Message----- >I do not have the choice to select anything that >says "Rules Wizard" under the Tools Menu. > >Anyone have an idea why this is? >. > Umm, do you have to have the email account installed prior to using rules? For everything else on Outlook, I didn't need to have the acct se...

CMFCMenuBar + menu accelerators/mnemonics
Hi, The CMFCMenuBar object acts really weird - when it is positioned horizontaly there are no mnemonics under menu item, however accelerators work. If you position CMFCMenuBar vertically (by docking to base pane) mnemonics appear. What is the reason for this? ...

On the File menu, choose Backup ist not present
We have installed "Outlook Add-in: Personal Folders Backup PFBACKUP.EXE" as administrator and if we log on as user we can not see the On the File menu, choose Backup. We have installed it as the instructions. Thank you for your help Joshy See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/backupaddin.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ca1c01c48a81$a968abc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Freeze at "Optimizing Font Menu..." for all Office apps
As of yesterday, all Office 2004 apps freeze at "Optimizing Font Menu Performance". I can open all Microsoft Office X apps, so I am not sure what the problem is. I tried trashing all prefs, zapping PRAM, even trashing the whole Microsoft Office 2004 folder and reinstalling...no luck. While I can open all documents using Microsoft Office X, I did pay for Office 2004 and would like to be able to use it...as of now I cannot. Office 2004 is more sensitive to corruption than Office X. Since it freezes on fonts, you should probably test your fonts by doing a bubble search--remove half ...

Edit menu disappeared
I must have dragged it somewhere accidentally. And now I can't get it back! Any ideas? Go to the View menu, choose Toolbars, then Customize. There, choose the Toolbars tab and select "Worksheet Menu Bar" in the list. Click the Reset button. This will restore the menu bar to its default settings. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "CycleMark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ab301c39cad$99cba040$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I must have dragged it s...