Enabling Macro But Hiding Sheets

I have created a simple macro that basically when a button is clicked i
takes you to a certain page in the workbook.

Is it possible to hide this page for different users. But when a use
with the correct password comes he can click the button and he will b
taken to the hidden page.

Is it posible to do something like this along those line

It's possible, and if you search the archives:

   http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel*

you'll find many ways to do this.

You should know, however, that none of the methods will prevent anyone
with a functioning neuron or two and the desire to see your hidden sheet
from bypassing your password. The methods are frequently posted on these
newsgroups and on some web sites, including mine:

   http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

In article <PRINCE21.10ydcl@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 PRINCE21 <<PRINCE21.10ydcl@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> I have created a simple macro that basically when a button is clicked it
> takes you to a certain page in the workbook.
>
> Is it possible to hide this page for different users. But when a user
> with the correct password comes he can click the button and he will be
> taken to the hidden page.
>
> Is it posible to do something like this along those lines
0
jemcgimpsey1 (104)

Help with Macro Please
I have recorded the following macro that will set the print area for a particular sheet:- Sub Pset() Range("A1:K1").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$K$14" End Sub What I want is to automate this process for all sheets within a workbook. What I intending to do was:- For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Range("A1:K1").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$K$14" As the print area within each sheet is differen...

global macro instead of specific workbook
If I create a macro and toolbar to call it while i'm in spreadsheet "a", when I close spreadsheet "a", the toolbar still shows in excel but if I click on it it opens spreadsheet "a" (in order to run the macro) How to make toolbars be "generic"... not tied to a specific spreadsheet? I exported the module to my code folders but don't see how to de couple the code from the original spreadsheet. thanks mark You can place all your macros in Personal Macro Workbook which makes them available for all open workbooks. Assign the macros on your Toolb...

Disabled user takes 180mins to become active after being enabled
When we enable a disabled user account it can tae 180mins before the mailbox is accessable again, how can I speed this up? Thanks S Which OS? If you have more DC's you might want to replicate DC's manually. Replication depends on AD setup and configuration. Kind regards, Menko den Ouden NL "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD8D434-723A-40D3-A3B7-9B63E4A34CEF@microsoft.com... > When we enable a disabled user account it can tae 180mins before the > mailbox > is accessable again, how can I speed this up? > > Thanks > &g...

populating sheets based on data from parent sheets
Hello, I have learned much from the contributors here...many thanks. Challenge: To have one spreadsheet (master) trigger the populating of another spreadsheet (sheet2) when data is entered into a cell on the master sheet. Once certain data is entered into a cell on Sheet2, it would populate data onto sheet3. For example: When a date is entered into the "scheduled delivery date" field, on the master sheet. I would like for this to "trigger" chosen data to be entered into to the "delivery data sheet". Once a delivery has been confirmed (by entering a date int...

Error 1004 using array in Sheet select.
If I select a sheet with its real name: Sheets("Sheet1").Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2")).Select >>>>>- Works fine If I assign the sheet name(s) to a constant Public Const TSGSheet1 = "Sheet1" Public Const TSGSheet2 = "Sheet2" Sheets(TSGSheet1).Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(TSGSheet2).Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(Array(TSGSheet1, TSGSheet2)).Select >>>>>- fails with Error 1004 My macro's/V...

Addressing cells on inactive sheets
Hi, I 'm still using Excel 97 and have this sub in a module. Public Sub CellsOnInactiveSheet() With Sheets("Sheet1") .Range(.Range("A1"), .Range("B2")).Select End With End Sub If any sheet except Sheet1 is active this produces an error. I would have thought with a fully qualified address it should work with any sheet active. I don't really want to activate the sheet if I can help it. Any help appreciated, thanks, John Duffus Perhaps the .Select property cannot cross-over sheets; it is restricted to only the sheet where code is running. "...

want to uncheck "Hide spellling errors in ths document"
I've received a Word doc from someone that does not show the spelling errors. When I go to Tools/Options/Spelling & Grammar, I see that "Hide spelling errors in this document" is checked, but the check and the words are grayed out and I cannot uncheck it -- what gives? I want to uncheck that. I'm using Word 97. Jack ...

Help on deleting sheets?
I need to delete sheets 2&3 on workbooks that are already made. changed the default for 1 sheet now but I have about 300 workbooks tha I want Sheets 2&3 deleted off of. Thanks Dou -- doug5309 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- doug53098's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38540 Hi Doug, Try the following Sub DeleteSheetsFromAllBooks() '=================================== ' Based on Ron de Bruin's Sub Copyrange2 ' ...

To unlock the access of my Excel sheet
Hello, I have forgotten the password who locks the access to my Excel sheet. Could somebody explain to me the way to unlock this Excel sheet? Thank you in advance, JeanMickey You can download the free Utiliities program from www.appspro.com/Utilities/Utilities.htm This includes a password breaker by the wizard Bob Bovey. HTH remember, if this helps click Yes Peter "JeanMickey" wrote: > Hello, > > I have forgotten the password who locks the access to my Excel sheet. > Could somebody explain to me the way to unlock this Excel sh...

InputBox: how do I hide user input
I am trying to write a script that gets a password from the user then logs into a remote computer. The InputBox function doesn't seem to have an option that masks the user input with other characters (eg. "*"). How can I do this? For ease of distribution I'd like to be able to do this in a single script - rather than using a separate library or other file. TIA. On Feb 16, 11:21=A0pm, Robert S <robert.spam.me.sensel...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to write a script that gets a password from the user then > logs into a remote computer. =A0The...

Macro Xcel Windows
Every time I open a xcel file contains macro. A Micro xcel window pop up with message of "Macro may contain viruses. It is always safe to disable macros...." How do I get rid of this popup and go right into the xcel without this pop up Thanks. Hi Kyle you can set the security settings to 'low'. Goto 'Tools - Macro - Security'. Though I wouldn't recommend doing this. This feature should prevent macro viruses. If you have a Excel file with this popup though it does not contain macros, you may go in the VBA editor and delete/remove all modules for this specific...

Hiding rows that contain formulas
Hi I have checked the forum already and the solutions there re my reques have been very helpful but do not fully solve my problem. I have a spreadsheet that has the following: Cell B4 - formula returns blank Cell A5 - formula returns text Cell F9 - formula returns blank Cell C13 - formula returns blank Cell D15 - formula returns number Cell E19 - formula returns number I want to be able to hide the rows that return blank. As my formula are not in the same column none of the solutions seem to work. Any help would be apprciated. Many thanks Sara -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelF...

Excel macros #7
I want to copy an entire macro module from a workbook to a new workbook and save it into my PERSONAL WORKBOOK so I can run the macro anytime I need to but when I use the Project Explorer function to copy it over, I do not get prompted on which workbook I can save it into (like when you record a new macro). Or perhaps this question can be simplified as Can I save a macro from a "this workbook" to a "personal workbook". I hope this makes sense I realize the time I have spent on this, I probably could have simply rerecorded the original macro and given it a new name and...

How to Create an Excel Macro to send a meeting request.
I want to try and setup a Macro to send meeting requests to my teams calendar. What we do is use it to book are equipment setups. Right now we copy and past the requests in to meeting request to an outlook calendar and send them to ourselfs. This way we see who is working on what. What i want to do is put basic information in to an excel form. The form is going to have the following. Who the request is for. Who is assigned to the request. The date and time needed. The date and time returnd. Type of equipment request. Ticket number from our call logging system. Where the equipment is ...

Hide Placeholder Text
Take two - I apologize if I am posting twice. Is there a way to show a blank space if nothing is entered in a field and yet still have the placeholder text? Thanks! RachelT wrote: > Take two - I apologize if I am posting twice. > > Is there a way to show a blank space if nothing is entered in a field > and yet still have the placeholder text? > > Thanks! I did answer this question yesterday. For some reason the only place I can find a copy of the thread is http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3989957.php. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft W...

excel macro 2 if loops
I'm looking for someone to help me write an easy macro for excel. I don't know VBA at all and think that it's impossible to do it with stepwise programmer. The thing is that i have a file that has many cells. Each cell starts with Q: or A: or nothing. The file always starts with a cell that starts with Q:. I want the macro to do the following. 1. I see the cell starting with Q: so I add Q: at the beginning of all the cells after this cell. 2. I do it until I find a cell taht starts with A: 3. I find the cell starting with A: and I copy A: at the beginning of all the cells after th...

How to make hidden sheet invisible
Does anyone know how to make a hidden sheet invisible? Thanks, llee2 Isn't a hidden sheet already not visible? You could go into the VBE and change its .visible property to xlsheetveryhidden. Did you mean that? This would make it so that the sheet name didn't show up under Format|Sheet|Unhide That's about the only difference. LLee2 wrote: > > Does anyone know how to make a hidden sheet invisible? > > Thanks, > llee2 -- Dave Peterson On Apr 6, 12:16 pm, "LLee2" <y...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to make a hidden sheet invi...

Enable Relay to external Emails
Hello In exchange 5.5 sp3 I have enabled to an AS\400 server to relay (it's IP address in routing restrictions) The problem that it's only sending to internal mail address and not to the outside of the domain why is thet ? Thanks What exactly have you specified in Routing Restrictions? Have you restarted IMC after making changes? Oren wrote: > Hello > > In exchange 5.5 sp3 I have enabled to an AS\400 server to > relay (it's IP address in routing restrictions) > The problem that it's only sending to internal mail > address and not to the outside of th...

Problem enabling a button in a toolbar
Hi all.. First of all, this is a MDI application in Visual C++ 6.0. I have a docking control bar that contains a dialog. I placed a toolbar on that dialog with one button at the moment. The problem I have is that I could never enable the button. I tried WM_KICKIDLE message but even when it is received correctly by the dialog, and enabling the button there, it continues appearing disabled. The button has its handler in the dialog (since it is the parent) To make another try, I placed the button handler in the child frame, and the button appears finally enabled, and when I press it, the hand...

Lotus macro i need to convert to Excel
I have this macro from lotus i need to convert to excel or write a macro like this in excel. Any help would be appreciated ZERO {GOTO}a:c126~ {FOR a:ad7;1;3200;1;enter} {GOTO}a:D126~ {FOR a:ae7;1;3200;1;erase} {GOTO}a:f1~ {EDIT-REPLACE-ALL "2009";text;"2010";a:c1..a:n3050} {GOTO}b:c126~ {FOR b:ad7;1;3200;1;enter} {GOTO}b:D126~ {FOR b:ae7;1;3200;1;erase} {GOTO}b:f1~ {EDIT-REPLACE-ALL "2009";text;"2010";b:c1..b:n3050} {GOTO}c:c6~ {FOR c:ad7;1;3200;1;enter} {GOTO}c:D6~ {FOR c:ae7;1;3200;1;erase} {GOTO}c:...

Updating hyperlinks on multiple sheets
Hello, I am working on a speadsheet where I want each sheet to link to a specific cell in that sheet. Question 1: Is there a quick way to do this besides 'Right Click- Hyperlink- Place in the Doc- Select Cell- Cell Reference"? Question 2: I need to do this for each sheet and use the same cell, but change the name of the sheet. For example, I want cell I7 to link to A519, I8 to link to A554, etc. on a sheet called Healthcare and then I want the same cells in a sheet called Beauty to link to the same cells within the Beauty sheet. The cells (I7, I8, etc.) are formulas so I can&#...

Where can I enable CRM Fax Router Service?
Where can I enable CRM Fax Router Service? Where is it? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

RE: Macro malfunction?
Why does a data form produced via a macro not show only the selected cells? The script produced by the macro wizard looks correct, i.e. showing Range("A2:F131").Select However, when the macro runs the data form it displays all columns of data up to cell AH131. Phil --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.766 / Virus Database: 513 - Release Date: 17/09/2004 Hi post the code of your macro -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Phil Needham" <philneedham@ukf.net> schrieb im Newsbeitr...

I need a macro to find cut and paste data to new cell
I have data that I have exported to excel that I need to reformat to be able to create a pivot table to check for duplicate entries. On importing the data which is in the form of journal entries the memo line is stting above the journal numbers in column D. I need to find all of the comments and cut and paste them to column C. The comments are not all the same but do contain the same word "To" in the comment. The journals are not all the same size and so the comment line does not appear at regular intervals. Any help appreciated as I am very new to VBA ...

Macro problem.
Hi I get the following msgbox when I attempt to run a Macro - which is just a simple text string to be put into a cell. " 'xxx'.xls could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open a file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed , moved or deleted." (ok) 'xxx.xls' trefers to a file name that was on my disk - but I deleted - I can't find it after a search. Tried a google no help.. Any help gratfully appreciated. Got ...