Enable Macro #3

Hi,

I am developing a spreadsheet - its has a number of Macro's. Every time I
open the sheet its asks me if I want to Enable / Disable Macro's. I know that
a digital signature / certificate would stop this message appearing.

Does anyone know of a work around to stop this message from appearing -
using a networked computer I cannot attain a digital signature.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Phil
0
PW11111 (15)

Record a macro to open the workbook, store the macro in Personal Macro
workbook. Then assign the macro to eg: a custom toolbar button. If you open
the workbook by clicking the button ("programmatically") the prompt should
be suppressed.

HTH,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)
12/14/2004 12:50:35 PM
Tools|Options; open Security tab; click on Macro Security button (lower
right) and set to taste.
Beware that this will let macros run that you did not write, also

best wishes
Bernard

"PW11111" <PW11111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am developing a spreadsheet - its has a number of Macro's. Every time I
> open the sheet its asks me if I want to Enable / Disable Macro's. I know
> that
> a digital signature / certificate would stop this message appearing.
>
> Does anyone know of a work around to stop this message from appearing -
> using a networked computer I cannot attain a digital signature.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Phil

0
bliengme1 (122)

11.2.3 upate won't install
Hi - We're currently running Office version 11.2.1 on OS X 10.4.5. I've tried to install 11.2.3 via Auto-update and via the downloaded dmg, but neither works. It scans the HD for a while and then spits back an error that says: "The Installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this installerto determine if your software meets the requirements for this update." I've tried looking at the readme, but it doesn't really say anything pertinent. Anybody else have this issue? Thanks,...

How To Enable / Disable Upper Right Close Box in a Dialog Based application
Hey Friends I need to Enable / Disable Upper Right Close Box in a Dialog Based application at runtime.Can someone suggest Plz. Thanks in advance CWnd::ModifyStyle() D.K. "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eYHN$ZffDHA.3528@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hey Friends I need to Enable / Disable Upper Right Close Box in a Dialog > Based application at runtime.Can someone suggest Plz. > > Thanks in advance > > CWnd::ModifyStyle() D.K. "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eYHN$ZffDHA.3528@tk2msftngp1...

macro chart creation
I'm working on a VBA macro that will chart multiple series of data. How do I tell the macro what range the series is on? I tried to do a record but that gives me a static range. As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Tith" <Tith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64F571C0-FD81-4E03-B2DB-758BE77C0254@microsoft.com... > I'm working on a VBA macro that will chart multiple series of data. How do > I > tell the macro what range the series is on? I tried to ...

Quicken Conversion #3
I recently installed Money 2003 Deluxe & converted my Quicken file to Money. When the conversion process ended I got the following error: 'An error occurred, but Money ran out of memory while trying to retrieve and display details about what happened.' I appreciate the message, but I've no clue about the nature of the problem, nor the status of the conversion. When I look at the accounts I don't see anything missing, but considering the number of entries in the accounts I'm not certain that I can rely on Money to have all of my data. This happens when I convert...

Onkey vs Macro Short cut key
Is there a benefit to using the macro short cut key in macro options vs coding a key combo using Onkey? Thanks Richard -- rgarber50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11350 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385952 I don't think there is a huge difference but with the macro options approach the shortcut is almost always there. For instance it takes a macro to run to set the Onkeys but not for macro options. And to extend ...

Mail Redirection #3
We currently have a problem where an external customer mails all senior staff when he has a complaint. What we would like to do is redirect all mail sent by this person (e.g. complainer@abc.com) to our internal complaints mailbox so that all the senior staff do not receive a copy of the message. Do you know of a way this can be done on Exchange 2003 (single server)? Many thanks You could enable sender filtering with the archive option. Nue "Whit" <Whit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49F22F4B-CA5A-4179-AB85-6DFB5CE2177C@microsoft.com... > We currently ...

Creating resizing macro
Hi, I'm trying to create a macro in Excel so that I can click onto a chart and resize it without having to select the "Select Objects" arrow in the drawing toolbar (this is for very PC illterate folk). I recorded the macro and got this text: Sub Chart_two_third_width() ' ' Chart_two_third_width Macro ' Macro recorded 03/04/2008 by IT ' ' ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").Select Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoFalse Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 178.5 Selection.ShapeRange.Width = 340.5 With Selection .Placement ...

Contacts question #3
I have Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP system. I had a motherboard failure last Friday, and am trying to get things back up & running. I was able to get all my old email over onto the new system (my old C drive is now a slave drive in my new system). However, the contacts didn't come with it. How can I get the contacts over to the new instance of Outlook 2003? Any help appreciated. BC How did you move the mail? Can you open your old PST on the other hard drive using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the info you want from the old PST to the ...

macro to merge two table cells?
I've trying unsuccessfully to record a macro that will merge a table cell with the cell to the right of it. Could anyone suggest code that would do this? Sub MergeCellToRight() Dim oRng As Range Dim oCell As Cell Dim i As Long Set oCell = Selection.Cells(1) If oCell.ColumnIndex = Selection.Rows(1).Cells.Count Then MsgBox "There is no cell to the right?", vbCritical, "Error" Exit Sub End If Set oRng = oCell.Range oRng.MoveEnd wdCell, 1 oRng.Cells.Merge oCell.Select Selection.Collapse wdCollapseStart End Sub will merge the cell containing ...

Very slow outlook client for CRM 3.0
Everyone, We have implemented a test system for one of our clients and we are experiencing slowness on the outlook. The laptops are with at least 1 gig of RAM and there is only the sample data in the CRM. When the users starts the outlook it takes anywhere from 5 seconds to 15 seconds for outlook to start. We have turned off the inital sync and also increased the sync interval to 120 minutes. Even after these, the client is still slow. There are no other network issues with the users nor any other programs running on the laptop. Any advise ? Thanks Al ...

Bulk Importing of Outlook Contacts to CRM 3.0
We have just installed MSCRM 3.0 with the Outlook plugin. I would like to bulk import my Outlook Contacts. Most importantly, I want to map the Notes Field in each Outlook Contact, to one of two CRM Notes fields. Either 1 will do. 1. Into the Notes Field on the Information level of an Opportunity OR 2. Into the Contact Notes associated with an Account. I was told by our CRM consultant that because my Notes were too long they would only come across in a truncated format into the Administration field of a CRM Contact (i.e. when I select "Track Contact in CRM" using the Outloo...

Please help with intermediate Macro help!!
I have a 6mb spreadsheet that I have to create a Macro to roll over th previous columns data to the next...can someone post if I could sen them the file and work with me on this? Thank you kindly, Charle -- charlesthei ----------------------------------------------------------------------- charlestheis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1643 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27800 Not necessary. Just give us more detail and someone will help. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "charlestheis...

Bulk Import MS CRM 3.0
Hi I am trying to import data from excel sheet to CRM. The data has certain columns which exists as customized entities. I have created ..csv file with double quotes as field data delimiter. I have checked the data and it is correct. Is there any issue for importing customized entity data ? regards Vipin there should be no issue as long as data mapping is properly done. "Vipin Kavishwar" <vipin.kavishwar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166521589.550019.204520@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I am trying to import data from excel sheet to CRM. The data has >...

Macro from 2003 to 2007
I set up several macros on a number of buttons in XL2003, works fine, within a workbook. Part of the function is to creat a copy of a couple of tabs in another workbook, which is smaller and easier to e-mail. However in 2007, once a macro has run, the button(s) then refer to the macro(s) as if it was in the new workbook, when this patently is not the case. Getting to wits end ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional has lost some feature!
Dear all, I have a problem with Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional. The first CRM server has broken and I did the schedule backup everyday at 12:00am. So, I setup the second CRM Server with the same product and I follow the same step to do it. The problem is: When I browse to crm webpage I only see some features as: 1. Workplace - My Work: Articles, Reports, Announcements - Service: Knowledge Base 2. Service 3. Settings Before when I install this product and I browse I see more some feature: 1. Workplace - My Work: Activities, Calendar, Queues, Acticles, Reports and Announceme...

Macro optimizing
How can i stop all the graphical displays while im activating a Macro to speed up the work, especially when it consist of transporting data through multiple workbooks? Hi Joseph, Turn off screen updating and calculation within the macro, and turn back on when finished. See the following two web pages. Proper, and other Text changes -- Use of SpecialCells http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Slow Response and Memory Problems http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://...

Unable to save macros in word 2007
The word environment is setup to share macros using the normal.dotm located in a shared drive. This is configued in WordOptions.Advanced.FileLocations.UserTemplates However, a recorded macro will not save in normal.dotm or in the current document. For instance, a simple standard process to illustrate the problem is to Open a blank document. Use "Record Macro" from the Developer tab. The macro is named in the popup and Document1 is selected from the "Store Macro in" pulldown. Click Ok. Write a few letters. Use "Stop Recording". Save the docum...

Publisher Newbie looking for Record Macro
Guys/Gals Is the old 'Record Macro" available in Publisher 2003. I am new to Publisher but and old hand with Office and VBA. I need to create some print looping macros for Publisher but cannot find The old record option Any Clues ?? T.I.A. Greeny A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Greeny <greeny@nospam.gisoz.com>!"... > Is the old 'Record Macro" available in Publisher 2003. Nope. Publisher didn't introduce Record Macro functionality with its VBA tools > I am new to Publisher but and old hand with Office and ...

Elapsed Time Macro
I have a worksheet that contains sensitive data. When it is used, some of the users tend to accidentally leave the data displayed and walk away from it, allowing the data to be read by others who pass by. I would like to have a macro or some other means of automatically changing the screen display to a different worksheet (or blank for that matter) after a fixed amount of time without a keystroke - perhaps one minute or so of elapsed time without a keystroke. Is there a practical way to do this? It would be very difficult to implemement, why not just activate the screen saver to lock the...

Macro to print to non-default printer
OK, this has me completely stymied. I have made macros to send print jobs to different printers around the office - my default printer, a large printer for massive jobs, and another printer for medium sized jobs. Two of them work, one I can't get to work and it's driving me crazy. I'm on Word 2007. I created all three the same way - record macro, then just went through the steps of clicking on the Office button, selecting print, manually selecting the printer I want, hit print, end recording. They work fine. The third gives me "printer error" every tim...

Trusted macro
I have just installed Excel 2007. Each time I open a worksheet from Excel 2003, I have to enable my macros. Can someone give me the steps for saving the macros as trusted source, please? My worksheets are stored on my main PC and I would like to use them from my laptop. Thanks. Check out:- Office Button Excel Options (lower right hand corner) Trust Center Trust Center Settings . . . If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "abrielle" wrote: > I have just installed Excel 2007. Each time I open a workshee...

Excel 2003 macros
I have made many macros in Excel and now that I am getting a co-worker would like to know how to successfully copy/give them to her to use on her computer (Excel 2003 running on XP operating system). Thx. -- Pauline Speed Give her copies of the workbooks that the macros are in. If you're thinking of your Personal.xls macros that file is usually in: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART -- Jim "pspeed" <pspeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F70D7F4B-5592-48F3-8321-4937055A2C02@microsoft.com... |I ha...

CRM 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade strange behavior
When I upgraded 1.2 to 3.0, I can only see Workplace, Settings, and Service buttons in the left-hand nav bar. Under service I only see Knowledge Base. When I enter settings I can see all of my users, business units, security roles, and form customizations. But I can't get to any of the forms/views. Does anybody have a suggestion for what may be wrong? Thanks! -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia Hello The installation will set your install user as a 'Restricted Access' user, with limited access to CRM (Administration and Customisation). This is th...

Macro Debug
Hi all! Im trying to find a way to stop the debug option/screen when a macr goes wrong. Ideally if a macro fails i would prefer that it sto running and give a MSGBOX to say there is a problem. I dont want th users to be able to get into the VB code. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com use the "On Error Goto" statement eg. sub mySub On error goto errHandle Code ------------------- Exit Sub errHandle: msgbox "An error has occurred" End sub Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi best way...

[WSS 3] Could not load file or assembly error message
Hi All, Today I got the following error message when I tried to enter a DL/List or to view entire site content, or site settings etc: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. Restarting the server solved it but I want to investigate further. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot in advance ...