Embedded word doc changed to image-need to change back to word.

I have an embedded word document that misteriously changed into an image.
This image is not a word doc converted into a picture (i.e. like I convert an
embedded word doc by right clicking and selecting 'image object', 'covert',
and then select to activate as a word doc.) but an actual image as if I
inserted a picture. Need to turn the image back into a word doc so I can
recover my work. It would also be nice to figure out how I am changing to an
image, amost seems like a bug since it has randomly happened twice.

0
cflores (1)

Dev VPC image?
I have heard that there is a development freindly VPC image from Microsoft that some are using. It supposedly is a full DC Server, with Exchange and SQL running on top of it -pre configured as an MSCRM development platform. This is Enterprise, not SBE. Where can we find this? Never mind...it turns out that this is the same as the demo image I have been using.... ...

Outlook & Word
I've just started using Oulook. I have the latest version installed and Office 2003. Every time I compose a message, or reply to a message, it's using Word as the editor. How do I change this and use just Oulook. Also, from a Word document, when I click on "send to", it pastes my document in the body of the e-mail, instead of attaching it to the e-mail. What should I do to: 1) Use Outlook as the editor; 2) Prevent it from copying my Word doc to the body of my message? Any assistance greatly appreciated! Tools->Options->Mail Format - uncheck the option to use W...

Stop confirmation of each document printed on Word 2003
Every time i print a work document, a confirmation of what i printed keeps printing out with every Word doc. i print - its wasting paper & ink at work & i've tried to figure out the problem & resolving but to no avail It's the first time it's happened and i haven't changed the setup of my computer or printer so not sure what the issue is Please advise me asap Thank you Hi AnneL, See my reply to your previous post on the same topic. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "AnneL" <AnneL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Perhaps not an outlook problem, but maybe a setting change will help.
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Vista Business system. I use it to monitor four email accounts, one POP mail from my work, a gmail account, and two POP accounts from my ISP (Bell), who contracted their mail service to Microsoft some years ago. The two non-ISP accounts work perfectly and are very reliable, but intermittently, one or the other of the ISP accounts start rejecting the username and password, which I know is correct. If I go to the web mail interface and test the username and password - there's no problem, unless the login server really, really is broken, w...

How do I change start-up default settings?
I want my Publisher 2003 to open with different 'arrange', font & font size settings to those originally set by Microsoft A tutorial Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalhei http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DISMAL" <DISMAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3718CDE5-4970-4A4B-B17F-AFBAAA40E60E@microsoft.com... >I want my Publisher 2003 to open with different 'arrange', font & font size > set...

Change Junk E-mail SCL
I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? GC GauiC <gudjonmar@gmail.com> wrote: > I found out one day that you could change the SCL of what messages > will be moved to Junk E-mail folder in Outlook. Who told you that was possible? > Does anyone know how this is done and also what is the default SCL > level that is filtered to junk E-mail folder? As far as I can tell, there is no &quo...

Change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight selected cel
I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex. A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to see when working in selected range. I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the selection color at all. Also tried to change the Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced option>Item areas, thi...

Change default sort order
Every object in my Navigation Pane is sorted 'Ascending.' This seems to be the default setting. I want to sort 'Descending' (on date created or modified) in order to bring the most recent object to the top of the Navigation Pane for tables, forms, queries and reports. I can't find anywhere in Access Option a place to make this change. Is this possible? How? VBA code? Ed This is a report forum so I can only assume you want to set the sorting of records in a report. Do this using the Sorting and Grouping dialog. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "OldManEd&...

Automatic Date in Word Document
I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an email. I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was sent. I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you. -- valerie The only dates that are available to you are 1. A date that you manually enter into the document 2. The date on which the document was created (by use of the { CREATEDATE } field 3. The date that the document was last saved (by use of the { SAVEDATE } field 4. The date upon which the document was printed ( by use of the { PRINTDATE...

VPC Images for CRM training
I am preparing for the crm install. & config exams. I have got the training materials but need the VPC images that are used to do the practicals. Can anyone please tell me where i can get these images from? Thanks The May 2006 Release of the VPC image is located at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- "Zaheer" <Zaheer@discussions.microsoft.c...

need help with formula on summary page
I need help setting up a formula on a summary page. I have a ton of worsheets that are all set up the same. My summary page is set up differently but I need the total off each tab linked back to my summary page. I am working in Column Q and the info I need is in cell F28 on each sheet. An example of my formula now is ='T-4-1'!$F$28. Thanks in advance Zach f Try this one Zach f http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "zach f" <zachf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EBBC383-B4C3-4B46-BE72-...

Is there a way to change preset margins?
I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great. Is there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007? I don't want to change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets. However, I NEVER use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins. Is there a way to create my own presets to those that I use regularly? Thanks No way to create presets, but you can certainly create templates with the desired margins; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemp...

Need product key for Office XP Developer
Please take pity on the absent minded. Back in the heyday of Office XP, I never had the need to set up the developer tools for it. I was a subscriber to MSDN Universal so have all of the DVDs. I just never jumped through their hoops of going on the MSDN site to lookup the product and get the key. I didn't need it then. Now it's out of support and the keys for obsolete products are no longer available from MS. My email address is readily decodable. I'll be most grateful. Thanks -- -Larry- -- To anyone who may have been digging in their archives on my behalf; Thanks, but ...

when i try to type on my microsoft word, it tell in wortten word
when i try to type on my microsoft word, it tell in wortten word MODIFCATION IS NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE THE DOCUMNT IS LOCKED. HELP, PLEAS..... ...

Duplicating text in Word 2007
Hi, I've got a template I previously did for Word 2003 where I basically had several {macrobutton nomacro Type something here} fields. Now, in Word 2007, I see I have the option to actually add a Text content control, which looks fantastic :) BUT, is there a way of making it so that if I type something in one content control, the same text value is automatically added into the second one as well? Or even a third? How can I do that? Found out that if I insert a comment field and copy that field, they both work as I want! Yay! But, the comment field I insert via the Insert...

Passing an Array created in a Function or Subprocedure back to the calling Subprocedure
I want to have a Function or Subprocedure that can create an array with 52 specific values in it. I then want to call this Function or Subprocedure from a main Subprocedure and be able to access the contents of the array. Everything can be of type variant for the purposes of this exercise. Can anybody help, please? This worked ok for me: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myArr As Variant Dim iCtr As Long myArr = BuildArray(myArr) For iCtr = LBound(myArr) To UBound(myArr) MsgBox iCtr & ". " & myArr(iCtr) Next iCtr End Sub Function Buil...

How can I update endnote cross-references in Word 2007 ?
I created a long document with many endnotes and some cross-references to these endnotes. When I insert a new endnote somewhere in the document, the following endnote numbers change but not the cross-reference numbers. This seems to be a bug in Word 2007 as it worked perfectly in my previous Word version. How can I update endnote cross-references in Word 2007 ? Ctrl+A, F9 should work in all versions of Word. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Joe56" <Joe56@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

Need to import contacts but only allow certain groups access
Hi, Just wondering what the best practice is for storing external contacts I've imported, that I only want certain groups to be able to access. I guess I could create a public folder, but since these are slowly being withdrawn, maybe not? I'm currently considering adding the contacts to a particular OU, then creating an address book which filters for a property set on the contacts. I'd then propose setting the appropriate NTFS permissions on those contacts. Any suggestions appreciated. > I'm currently considering adding the contacts to a particular OU, then > c...

How do I change the category axis number formatting in a Pivot Ch.
I have created a Pivot Chart from Excel data (Excel 2000) and I need to figure out how to change the category axis number formatting. Currently, the dates in the chart are showing up in long form (01/01/2005) and I would like to change this to something shorter like 1/01. I changed the formatting of the data in the original raw data and then in the Pivot Table, but neither of these seemed to change the Pivot Chart formatting. When I right click on the category axis, I do not get the option the change the number formatting (I do for the value axis however). ...

Language changes after update query
I have a data entry form where the user fills out text, numerical data, dates, etc. I created a button in the same form that runs a macro in background containing several update queries. At least 1 record changes from English to some other kind of language or font but it looks like Japanese or Chinese characters. I can't figure out why this happens and only on the that 1 macro. I would very much appreciate your input. TIA On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:10:01 -0800, Y2 <Y2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a data entry form where the user fills out text, numerical data, ...

Outlook has encountered problems and needs to close.......
it just will not stay open. I have reverted to using plain text email editor. If I've detect & repaired once I've done it 10 times Howard: We've got the same problem on our system. OL 2000. Can't send email. If we try (through this one machine on our 4 computer network) the machine will show that same error message you describe and when we hit the enter key, Outlook immediately shuts down. IF you get this figured out, please let me know. Good luck and thanks. Scott in Austin MN "Howard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a2001c...

Personal Address book address will not change/update
Hello, I have Exchange 2000 and Outlook XP/2002. I have a personal address book. When I attempt to update the email address of an entry, it always returns to the original SMTP address. Is this a bug? Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Rich ...

Outlook won't open first Word attachment
Trying to help a user with the following problem - any suggestions? When he tries to open Word 2000 attachments in Outlook 2002, he receives the installing prompt from Word, it goes through the entire install, then opens to a blank black screen, he then closes out of Word and receives the error "The System cannot find the file specified." When he goes back to Outlook and clicks on the next Word file attachment, it opens correctly in Word. However, this installation issue happens the first time each morning. Other users in the office do not have this problem. Both Outloo...

how do i resize a doc
i have created a document in publisher (a flyer) a4 size but ideally want it as a5 size(2 per a4 sheet) anyone help? Select custom in page setup, landscape, type 14.85cm width. Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. Open your large publication. Its the old copy/paste trick. After you paste a text box, select your text box, format, Autofit text, shrink text on overflow, resize the text box. Images are easier. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033....