Embedded Text Box

For unknown reason, I had more than 7000 blank text boxes embedded in my
spreadsheet. Seemed like one on top of the other. This blew up my file to
about 1.44Mb and considerably slowing down the performance. Is there a way to
delete those text boxes really quick?

Thanks in advance.

Evan
0
EK (14)

Hit F5, click on Special, select Objects, click OK, hit delete.
Beware - ALL objects will be deleted, so if you've got some that you
want to keep, hold down Ctrl and deselect the loved ones.
Rgds,
ScottO

"EK" <EK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| For unknown reason, I had more than 7000 blank text boxes embedded
in my
| spreadsheet. Seemed like one on top of the other. This blew up my
file to
| about 1.44Mb and considerably slowing down the performance. Is
there a way to
| delete those text boxes really quick?
|
| Thanks in advance.
|
| Evan

Thank you it worked. Do you by any chance know what could have caused it so
that I won't repeat the same error?

Thanks,
Evan

"ScottO" wrote:

> Hit F5, click on Special, select Objects, click OK, hit delete.
> Beware - ALL objects will be deleted, so if you've got some that you
> want to keep, hold down Ctrl and deselect the loved ones.
> Rgds,
> ScottO
>
> "EK" <EK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | For unknown reason, I had more than 7000 blank text boxes embedded
> in my
> | spreadsheet. Seemed like one on top of the other. This blew up my
> file to
> | about 1.44Mb and considerably slowing down the performance. Is
> there a way to
> | delete those text boxes really quick?
> |
> | Thanks in advance.
> |
> | Evan

0
EK (14)
1/5/2006 6:41:02 AM
One way I can (sort of) re-create it ...
If you copy and paste a text box, and then *accidentally* hold down
the F4 key, you get multiple 'pastes'.
Maybe you did something like that ...

| Thank you it worked. Do you by any chance know what could have
caused it so
| that I won't repeat the same error?
|
| Thanks,
| Evan
|
| "ScottO" wrote:
|
| > Hit F5, click on Special, select Objects, click OK, hit delete.
| > Beware - ALL objects will be deleted, so if you've got some that
you
| > want to keep, hold down Ctrl and deselect the loved ones.
| > Rgds,
| > ScottO
| >
| > "EK" <EK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | For unknown reason, I had more than 7000 blank text boxes
embedded
| > in my
| > | spreadsheet. Seemed like one on top of the other. This blew up
my
| > file to
| > | about 1.44Mb and considerably slowing down the performance. Is
| > there a way to
| > | delete those text boxes really quick?
| > |
| > | Thanks in advance.
| > |
| > | Evan

Logical tests between Word form text fields
I have a Drop-Down form field with "Yes" and "No". I want to place the value 4 in a Text form field in the same document if the user selects "Yes" in the Drop-Down field. I set the Text form field to type "Calculation" but can not figure out the formula to use that doesn't return a Syntax error or "Undefined Bookmark, Yes". While I have Word 2007, I need to create this form for users with 2003 and so am using Legacy form fields. Hi jstern, Instead of using a calculation formfield, I'd suggest an ordinary formula field,...

Text in a filled text box not printing on PS printers
I am having problems printing Word 2007 documents to PostScript printers. the problem has been reproduced on different computers. the problem seems to be fixed in Office 2010. On any page in Word with a transparent image or an image with a drop shadow, text in any text box with a color-fill background does not print correctly. The text appears correct on screen and in print preview and prints correctly to a non-PS printer. The problem can be reproduced as follows: 1. Create a new image in MS Paint, save the image as a .jpg. 2. Create a new Word document, insert the new .jpg...

text not showing when i type in the email body
when i type in the body of the email nothing shows up. i can type in the subject and type in address. i cant copy and paste from a word doc. any suggestions. thx What version of Outlook are you using? I assume you've already tried rebooting? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "yanto" <yanto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DEEB82A-EF41-4692-9470-8713...

Option Box
I am quite new to visual basic. I have created an option box. How can tell it to print a number say "53" into cell B6 when I click on it? thanks in advanc -- harkstev ----------------------------------------------------------------------- harksteve's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3048 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50140 In the click event in VB you would put something like: range("b6").value = 53 "harksteve" wrote: > > I am quite new to visual basic. I have created ...

Outlook default text for HTML
Hi all, When I use "send to...mail recipient" to send a file to someone it opens a message window in text mode. When I change this to HTML it defaults to Times New Roman font. How can I make it NOT go to Times New Roman? E.G. something like Arial ? This is very annoying because I have to highlight the entire message, then do multiple clicks and scroll through the entire fonts menu. Can the font default be changed and if so, where ? any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance. Mike marvin0069 'at' nc 'dot' rr 'dot' com You can'...

RE: Combo box problem
How can I do, if I want to use the example excel (DataValNameID.xls) and show certain information on combo box after selection and set value of other cell from the value of combo box selection ? > Hi > just make the source list larger or use a defined name which adapts > automatically if you add more products > see > http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany > > >> http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#DataVal > >> http://www.contextures.com/DataValNameID.xls &g...

How to keep a cell empty at the same time formula embedded?
Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. A cell cannot be both "empty" and contain something...........you can however, put a formula there that will display a blank cell according to the conditions of it's calculations........... =(IF(A1>5,A1,"")......will display a blank cell if A1 is 5 or less Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "vic_dic" <vic_dic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A590D8A6-7E86-49B7-AA9A-12DE213E670C@microsoft.com... > Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. What are you...

Combo-List Box
I've almost got this to work, (with limited excel experience), but the numeric value of the item chosen appears in the designated cell, instead of the item chosen. Is there an easy to fix this. thanks! That's how it works. Use that cell in something a VLOOKUP table to return the actual value. One way, if your list that the combo box is set to were in C1: C50, in B1:B50 make B1 > 1, B2 >2 etc down to B50, in another cell =VLOOKUP(designated cell,B1:C50,2,FALSE) Regards, "A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be601c4aca6$af391980$a4012...

Where is the text to speech in excel 2000 #2
I know I have speech on my computer, it is in the control panel but I can't find it any where else. I have tried to search the help in excel and word with no luck. Any help would be great! What you need is to start Narrator. It works with most applications with varing degrees of helpfulness "Hifly" wrote: > I know I have speech on my computer, it is in the control panel but I can't > find it any where else. I have tried to search the help in excel and word > with no luck. Any help would be great! ...

Combo Boxes #3
I have ten combo boxes next to each other in a row. I have tried movin them manually so that they look aligned but can't seem to do it wit the naked eye. Is there a way to have them align perfectly? Thanks. Happy Holidays -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ASPENCO wrote > I have ten combo boxes next to each other in a row. I have tried moving > them manually so that they look aligned but can't seem to do it with > the naked eye. Is there a way to have them align perfectly? Thanks. > Happy Holidays. Experiment with combos of Shift and Alt keys while d...

Clearing Check Boxes and Cells
Ok, this is either going to kill me or make me stronger.......... I have successfully combine my "clear" functions into one button now (clearing text/numbers from cells and clearing checks from boxes)................. NOW....... NOW.......... my problem is that when I protect the sheet........ the "clear" button that worked perfectly gives a "Run-time error'1004', Unable to set the Value property of the CheckBoxes class". If I turn protection back off, the button works perfectly. I have to be able to protect the sheet so users can only check boxes ...

Pasting text with double quotes
I'm trying to paste text that contains double quotes into Excel. Example: "Bob Anderson" 36475tmmn8766 Excel is stripping out the double-quotes upon pasting. I've look everywhere for an option or setting to override this but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks - Bob A. Some additional info...the stripping only occurs when a double-quote is the first character in the string. If there is more than one quote it will strip out the first two it encounters. On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:30:00 -0800, Bob Anderson <banderson1962@yahoo.com> wrote: >...

One graphic in my document prints as a black box..?
My publisher document contains numerous pictures/graphics but one picture prints as a black box from my HP Photosmart 8750. It prints fine on my laserjet printers and looks perfect in print preview. Is this a printer issue or a Publisher issue? Can anyone help? You might try changing the graphic file type, i.e., change from a jpg to a gif. This can be easily done with Irvanview. http://www.irfanview.com/ -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "kellypendergrass" <kellypendergrass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77E1BDB8-32A0-4C72-A...

include string or text value in cell reference
Hi, does anyone know how/if i can include a cell value within a path in a function/formula so i can update it by simply changing cell value, e.g. SUM($A$1, '[E:\folder\stats June.xls]'!sheet1$A$1) so that the 'June' part can change according to a cell value, say F1. So if I change F1 from "June" to "July" then the SUM formula would change to show ....'\stats July' . many thanks in advance, Nelly Use the INDIRECT() function -- Gary''s Student "nelly" wrote: > Hi, > > does anyone know how/if i can include a ce...

wrap text in a chart data table #2
Hi, Im have created a graph, which ive had no problem, but i when i click the option to "show data table" i cannot get the titles to wrap to the box, i have searched but i cannot find an option to wrap the text as i need it for a presentation. I do not want to just simply alter the font size if possible. Is there anyway of doing this? ...

Scroll box does not work
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have a document that has scroll boxes sent to me, and I cannot get them to work, all I get is the picture. The odds are that ActiveX Controls were innappropriately used in the creation of the document. ActiveX isn't supported by the Mac OS. -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <RJ@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bae0d6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power > PC I have a document that has scroll ...

Auto Text of Email Addresses
When i am starting a new email and i go to enter the name of the recipient in the TO: box - i enter the first letter and a bunch of names i have used in the past come up (auto text is the only thing i can assume it is called). How do you go about removing some of these addresses that automatuically come up if you no longer want them>? It's called AutoSuggest ;-) To remove an address from there, simply highlight it by using your arrow keys and press Delete on your keyboard. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.ho...

Linking Check Boxes or List Box to Query
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out here as I am pulling my hair out. I have a form that has unbound fields as follows Text Box - Start Date Text Box - End Date Combo Box - Call Type and a button that runs the query which includes the fields Call Date - Between [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateStart] And [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateEnd] Call Type - [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![cboCallType] Company (no criteria required) Successful (this is the part I need help with) The available options for Succesful are - Yes, No or n/a I can achieve this by add...

How do I turn a scanned handwritten document into text?
I would like to be able to scan pages in a handwritten journal, and be able to edit them as text in MS Office (OneNote or Word). I have MS Office 2007 + MSO 2003, also OneNote 2007. I use a pen and tablet, so I can manually use handwriting in the Office Programs. I have a scanner. I have tried the Document Imaging program in MSO Tools, that scans a typed document in TIFF format. However, handwritten documents don't seem to work. Surely, there must be a solution Out There? On Jan 3, 4:48=A0am, TeaPatch <TeaPa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to be...

Importing Emails from an Exchange Email box
Hi, I am currently (manually) importing emails into my DB. I am only importing the following fields from each mail item: 1) Receive Date 2) From 3) Subject 4) Body I would like to automate this process with code - so that the user click a button and the fields above are imported into a table called 'Daily Results', with field names the same as 1,2,3 and 4 above. Can anyone advise of how to do this? I thought MS Access had an 'Import Builder' where these setting could be saved, and recalled when required (like a Macro) but I cannot seem to find this. Any help would be...

How can I add a two letter prefix to text in cells?
Hi. I need to add a two letter prefix to a large number of data cells that currently have text in them w/o overwritting the current data. For example a column of this text: 106 108 110 202 206 I would need to add the letters "SE" before the numbers. Any quick way to do that? Format-->Cells, Custom. Type the following into the short box: "SE"000 Remember, now, that's not the VALUE of the cell. It's just a VIEW of it. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Newbs18" <Newbs18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA1B7783-EC...

How do i make text see thru
I want my background picture to show thru the text, and i want the text the have a smoked glass look, is this possible clare I know how to make the text show through because I asked it here once, click on fill (up top) then "no fill". I use this a lot because otherwise the text box blocks something out or a part of it. As for smoked glass, I'm not sure with Publisher if they have this effect. I just tried it (and I'm still a newbie) I made a text box, wrote TEST on it, made the font grey. Then clicked fill- effects and tried some of the graduants which were in shades of ...

Apostrophe in Combo Box
I have a combo box which displays the employee names from a table. Users select an entry to "reassign" a unit of work to another individual. There are several employees with apostrophies in their name. The name appears without the apostrophe in the combo box, so when work is reassigned, it displays the name differently than when updated from any other process. Example: Audit trail updates show the individual as "O'Connor" but updates using the combo box show "OConnor". Is there any way, without using code to load the combox, to display the correct name...

Exchange 2003 and a Linux box
Until last week, we ran a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory environment(single domain) with a sole, ancient Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows NT box. About a year ago, some outside company brought in a Sun Server and, without my intervention, was able to set up that box to email outside the company a report every week. To my knowledge, nobody had to do anything to the Exchange server to get this to work. Now last week we migrated that sole exchange server to Exchange 2003. Everything works perfectly, but that Sun Server no longer can send out emails. The Sun server has the new IP ...

Convert text invoice into a table- please help!
Hi, We have an invoice in text format in excel. I need to convert in a table format to be able to convert it into a pivot I need macros created which can 1) delete blank rows 2) delete rows which start with certain text in a particular (the invoice heading appears frequently in every page) 3) each transaction is in 2 lines- need it to be in one line PAGE ROSANA ALAM 36422299601017 FINANCE CONTROLLER 30/03/10 MICROSOFT GULF FZE LLC MICROSOFT STAFF 1 P O BOX 52244 DUBAI AGN CODE:01 AGN NAME :DNATA TEMPORARY STATEMENT FOR MARCH 2010 DATE TICKET TRAN...