Embedded charts in Word

Hello,

I have a number of Word docs that contain embedded excel charts. These
charts have a two colour gradient fill. When printing these documents
the chart fill colour prints in greyscale. Other colours within the
chart are fine.
Copy/Paste to a new doc has no effect
Has anyone seen this before and if so is there a solution?

TIA
Ket
0
Ket.Kana (6)

smooth area chart
When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format Data Series dialog box. But when I make an area chart, the line that forms the top of the area is jagged. Is there anyway to smooth the top of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart? Like a smoothed line with shading underneath. Thanks. ...

Charting in Access-challenge
Hi, I have a problem with combining excel charts with access database. All my tables in access have date in first column and some numeric data in the others. I managed to draw the chart but I have problems with axis. y axis should be the value of the bars (data from the tables) and I constantly get dates. Id number column is used for the x axis. Everything is mixed and i don't know how to change all that. I need x axis to be date, y axis to be value and the bars in the chart to represent series that are made from other columns of the table. I can do all this in excel, but i need help wit...

Word art to PDF file
When I use Word Art in a document and save it as a PDF file - the word art is not readable or has a large black shadow behind it. How do I fix this? -- Becky What version Publisher are you using? Are there gradients in your WordArt? This article addresses 2003 but it is true for 2007 as well WordArt gradient fill may print incorrectly in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828829/en-us If you have Publisher 2007 you might try Office's save as PDF. You might get a more satisfactory conversion. It is a free add-in https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4...

Unable to change Assistant in Word 2003
HI - I'm running MS Word 2003 on a Vista Home Premium machine, which came pre-installed with a copy of Office 2007. When attempting to change the assistant, I receive the error "There is not enough memory available to complete this operation." My system usually has about 40% of its 2 GB RAM free. Please advise. Tony See http://uksbsguy.com/blogs/doverton/archive/2007/07/23/how-to-get-the-office-assistant-office-2003-to-work-in-windows-vista-i-e-remove-the-quot-not-enough-memory-quot-error-messages.aspx -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tony Multari...

Normalize the second pie in a pie of pie chart
I have Excel 2003. I'd like to have the second pie in a pie of pie chart represent 100% of the slice it details. Currently, the slices in the second pie show their percentage of the 1st pie not their percentage of the slice they come from. One of my clients insists that the second pie show percent of the slice they detail not percent of the original pie. Other than creating separate pie charts, is there a way for Excel to normalize the percentages in the second pie. Thanks, Judy H Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's article on Pie of Pie. mmmh pie! :) http://pubs.logicalexpressio...

Letter Writing Assistant won't recognized MS Word IS installed
When I go to Reports/Letter Writing Assistant, I get an error message that "Microsoft Word must be installed on the machine to use the Letter Writing Assistant". I running XP on a networked client notebook with full Office 2003 installed (SP2) and I'm using GP 9.0 Has anyone else had this problem? Got a solution? I faced this before when i installed Great Plains first and then followed by Office. If your case is same as above, then you need to uninstalle the client version first then i reinstalled office followed by Great Plains Again. I suggest in your case try to rei...

Why can't I see clipart on word or publisher.
I have just bought a new desktop computer and loaded microsoft office 2003. When i insert clipart onto a page in publisher or word, I cannot see the picture. the handles are on the page put picture isn't what can I do? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "punch" <punch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

In Outlook 2k w/Word as editor, e-mail style fails
I use Word as the editor under Outlook. When Word is open, the style box shows my name as a defined style for the text of a note. I have modified this style and applied it repeatly, but it will not "take." In my case, I'm stuck in 10-point type with a wide line length that make it very hard for me to read. Advice? Thanks. ...

open encrypted word 2003 file with word 2007
Word 2007 will not let me open Word 2003 files that are encrypted. Does anyone know how to fix this? What version of Word 2007? There were some issues with SP2 (and/or a security patch) but I can't recall the details off the top of my head. There was a hotfix which caused more problems, and ultimately another hotfix - number 970924. If this isn't your situation (and I'm not sure even this affected encrypted 2003 format documents), I have not heard of anything else. Are you sure you have the correct password? -- Enjoy, Tony www.WordArticles.com "K...

Charts and Value Axis positions
I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my value axis is on the right hand side of my chart and I need it back on the left hand side. Does anyone know what I should do? I am using Office 2000. Double click on the category axis, and on the scale tab, select an appropriate value for "Value axis crosses at". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ladybug wrote: > I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my > ...

Help with "base unit" in chart axis
I have two charts. In one, when I go to "format axis" I can enter the min and max scale as dates and the entry remains as dates when I come back. I can also set the "base unit" a major and minor grid line in days, weeks, months, etc. The second chart, I do not have a base unit drop down box, and although I can enter dates in the max and min in date format and they work, when I come back the entries are in days since the start of time (38353 in 1/1/2005) And I cannot specify the units of major and minor grid lines, they are just units. Which makes it awkward for minor gi...

Cash flow forecast chart does not display
Recently my cash flow forecast would not display. I googled the issue and found a solution which sounded reasonable: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/6ab159f49fe90e58/84f31b41ac5d1529?lnk=st&q=microsoft+money+cash+forecast+will+not+open&rnum=2&hl=en#84f31b41ac5d1529 However, I was disappointed when the problem persisted even after following the instructions which had to do with a possible broken bill or deposit. All scheduled bills and deposits were deleted and the cash flow forecast did not correct itself. I figured out what was causing...

WORD PROGRAM
IN MY COMPUTER I HAVE WINDOWS 98. ON MY PROGRAM LIST I CAN ONLY FIND MICROSOFT WORKS. I HAVE TRIED AND CAN'T FIND MICRESOFT WORD. DOES WORD COME IN MICROSOFT WORKS. OR DID I GET RIPPED OFF AGAIN. IF ANYONE COULD ANSWER MY QUESTION I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME EVELYN ...

Cells and Charts not updating!
I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts and other cells just simply do not update when I make changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Thanks, GH G Hood wrote: > I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts > and other cells just simply do not update when I make > changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Did you check the automatic recalculation? Tools | Options | Calculation tab | Automatic or Manual Calculation. Dave dvt at psu dot edu Yes, I have already checked, it is set to automatic calculation. >-----Original Mes...

Edit Legend Wording
I've been trying to alter the wording of the legend text in my line graphs, but can't figure it out. My data table has headings such as "Year", "Communication Score", and "Professional Score". When I run the pivot table tool, Excel automatically adds the words "Sum of" to the titles of "Communication Score" and "Professional Score". The result is "Sum of Communication Score" and "Sum of Professional Score". How can I simply remove the words "Sum of" to this legend wording? I've used...

How do I automatically update a chart range in Excel
I am trying to create charts that should automatically update. I have been trying to use the OFFSET function in the chart 'series value' to determine the chart range and this does not sem to be working. Does anyone have a suggestion with this problem. Hi, As far as I know, the chart is updated automatically when the data use in it is changed. Or did I miss something in your description? Best Regards Lub -- lshili ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lshilin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2338 View ...

Copying a picture from a webpage into a word document
How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? CG14@officeformac.com wrote: > How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document > on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. > > Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? In your browser (Safari, Firefox) right-click the picture and see if you can Save Image. If this doesn't work then in Firefox you can View Image and then save it most of the time. Save the picture to your hard drive somewhere you wil...

Excel crashes dragging a chart
Hi all, I have a problem that I can reproduce on Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 (but not in Excel 2007). Excel crashes when I try to re-position a chart in a worksheet with (at least) a cell using data validation. If I select a cell with Data->Validation a little triangle appears close to the cell to indicate it has a pull-down menu associated. If a chart is present on the spreadsheet and I click on it the "little triangle" disappears as soon as focus is taken by the chart. In some of my spreadsheet there is a delay before the triangle disappears and if a chart is dragged at t...

Charting Web based data
With the data of say a stock price always changing, how can you chart it on a line graph to show historical plots? You can either find a site that posts historical data (often downloadable as a text or worksheet file), or write a macro that gets the price and puts it next in a column. Another approach is Stephen Bullen's trick that remembers the last X values. I don't know how it would work for daily values; I think it's for incoming data that changes rather frequently. But if you want to try, his site is at http://bmsltd.ie. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Pe...

Cell referencing on a chart
I would like to be able to reference a cell in a textbox on a chart. Ex. Cell A1 value = "12" Text box on chart = "12" I need to be able to change cell A1 and have the textbox change with it. Please give me advice on how to do this. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ 1) Click on chart to activate it 2)In formula bar, type = 3) Use mouse to point to a cell (formula now reads =Sheet1!A1 4) Click green check mark in Formula Ba...

Linking Microsoft word to Office
Is there a way to link word to office? So that if I want to send out a transmittal to a person in my contact list, I can go in contacts and have a link to word that creates a transmittal with all my contact information automatically inserted into the document so I don't have to type it out each time? On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:07:03 -0800, Riptide <Riptide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to link word to office? Umm....? Word is *PART* of office. Do you mean linking to Microsoft Access (another Office program and the subject of this newsgroup)? or do you mean...

How do I put a circle around a word in Publisher 2007?
I'm using Publisher 2007 for several documents that we write up on the computer. My boss was able to figure out how to do circles with our previous program (Publisher 2000), but we can't seem to figure out how to circle text in Publisher 2007. Any help? ...

Bringing Excel Spreadsheets into Word X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use Microsoft Office v.X:Mac. <br><br>Later this month, I will be volunteering for a local sprint racing event at a community festival. Races take place over three days of a long weekend. Friday features one mid-distance race and Saturday and Sunday feature sprint races repeated over the two-day event. (Contestants run in the race for the first day, have their race-time recorded, and then again on the second day, again the time is recorded. The race results are the total of both days' times for ...

images with word automation
Access 2003 (2000 format) I've done quite a bit of Word automation from Access to build forms for clients but I'm stumped. I'm trying to dynamically build a table of signatures at the bottom of a document. The signatures are stored in a table in Access in an OLE Object type field. I created a single row table in the form with a bookmark in the first cell (I've done this type of thing before using objWord.Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCell and it works fine for creating tables of info in a Word doc from Access). But I need to get the signatures into the cells and ...

Bar Charts #5
I have a set of data for customers and I want to show that data for each customer for three years in a bar chart i.e. having three bars for each customer. i know it's basic and that I've done it before but I can't for the life of me remeber how I did it. Any help much appreciated!! Select the data and then use the chart wizard icon on the toolbar or insert menu>chart and follow the instructions -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "lb82" wrote...